TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Spring Event Castle Challenge

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 18, 17 9:50 PM
Spring terraces were easy peasy, but the next 2 tasks I'm dreading. I never win at dice 3 times in a row during a castle challenge.

As for the airships, the past couple of days I've sent off empty airships which would have been perfect for the challenge. Airship that only wanted 210 to 250 wheels. I just know that when the task opens that all I will see is 300+ wheel airships.

[Post New]by zoomer1984 on Apr 19, 17 5:12 PM
What are the ladies, lords and creatures for??

loobi
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by loobi on Apr 20, 17 7:31 AM
Gr3asyHalfling wrote:"Pack 12 crates??" Really ?? I love doing these CC but this one is not amusing, not at all

I was surprised by the amount of airships too. I've stopped playing the DQs as it is asking for 100 steering wheels every other quest, I have a reasonable supply of airship items at the moment and I'd like to keep them for the challenges. Along with most people I'm a bit anxious about the 5 wins against the troll so late in the challenge, I guess It'll be diamond spending time.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 20, 17 8:22 AM
I kept wondering if the "win against the Troll 5x" was a typo or something.....I have decided it is a different take on the "win 2000 playing dice".....you still have to win 2000 playing dice.....but are restricted to just the one character to get it from.....

Not a fan of this one....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 21, 17 5:55 AM
I'm in shock.

I sent the 3 airships in one of my games (other game is still trying to beat the knight) and 1 of the ships only asked for 198 wheels.

Completed 2 Trina quests by sending those airships, was hoping she'd want zoom zones next, but, no, she wants airships yet again. So she'll have to wait until task #19 opens up.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 22, 17 11:42 AM
Still playing catchup.

Sent first airship last night and combined it with a Trina quest. Next Trina wanted 50 scenes played, so I did that while waiting for another airship.

Now she wants zoom zones, so I sent the second airship out and I'm waiting for another one to return. Then I'll go zooming with Trina and complete the next challenge task and be ready to craft a spring cake tonight with everybody else.

And no diamonds have been used so far.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Apr 23, 17 8:49 AM
my current airship is asking for 80 items. Gives me a headache thinking about it.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 23, 17 9:21 AM
gtminer wrote:my current airship is asking for 80 items. Gives me a headache thinking about it.

80 items = 240 wheels

That sounds so nice compared to the some of the airships I've seen. Seriously, developers, 327 wheels? That's 109 items.

I don't care if we get character quest updates every month, as long as the number of wheels continues to escalate as a player levels up, I'm not doing any character quests until I've completed the daily quests achievements.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 24, 17 5:42 PM
The last couple of tasks have been rather easy.

The next one, feeding pats until they bring back 4 gold chests, should prove to be more difficult and amusing as some pets become underachievers and some rise to the occasion.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 29, 17 9:15 AM
Because the jelly candies task occurs on the weekend when I usually have less time to play, I've decided to get them by swapping with friends.

I had hoped that while collecting the 15 Creatures, I'd find the dragon (game #1) or unicorn (game #2) I'm missing. Found them, but in the wrong games.

[Post New]by Psavakinas on Apr 29, 17 6:20 PM
How do I play dice iron knight

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 29, 17 7:07 PM
Psavakinas wrote:How do I play dice iron knight
This was already answered in the new thread you created asking this same question....

Go to the Tavern....click on the funky rabbit sitting at the table on the right......it will show you 4 characters against whom you can play.....Anabel....Iron Knight....Innkeeper...Chamberlain....

There are, in fact, 6 characters against whom you can play....just click on the dropdown arrows and you will see the other 2.....Troll and Dragon....

Day 27 is to beat Mountain Troll 5 times playing dice....this is where he is and how you find him.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 30, 17 6:50 AM
Next task is the airships. This is probably a good time to remind people that although tasks are unlocked each day, they don't have to be finished within 24 hours (unless we're talking about the last task).

When we get a castle challenge, the first thing I do is look for 'check points' - tasks where I feel I need to be up to date.

This challenge has very few check points:

8 Beat the Iron Knight at dice 3 times
19 Pack 12 crates for airships
27 Beat Mountain Troll 'Rustle' at dice 5 times

Tasks 23 through 26 can be finished in 1 day. So don't fret if tasks 19 and 20 take you several days. Don't waste diamonds trying to get them done quickly. (Save them for task 27) Plenty of time to get caught up.

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on May 1, 17 3:22 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
gtminer wrote:my current airship is asking for 80 items. Gives me a headache thinking about it.

80 items = 240 wheels

That sounds so nice compared to the some of the airships I've seen. Seriously, developers, 327 wheels? That's 109 items.

I don't care if we get character quest updates every month, as long as the number of wheels continues to escalate as a player levels up, I'm not doing any character quests until I've completed the daily quests achievements.

I did not realise until the other day that you could send partially packed airships. I noticed that the DQ normal or during SE asks for a number of wheels far less than the fully packed airship gives you. My question is: if I send a partially packed airship, will I still get a certain amount of wheels?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 1, 17 6:16 AM
Bemused123 wrote:

I did not realise until the other day that you could send partially packed airships. I noticed that the DQ normal or during SE asks for a number of wheels far less than the fully packed airship gives you. My question is: if I send a partially packed airship, will I still get a certain amount of wheels?

You can't 'send' a partially packed airship. If you only pack 1 or 2 crates, you have to wait for the airship to depart on its own. And the only thing you get as a reward is the coins (15 per item) at the time you pack the crates. No pet food, stamp, spring event item, and no credit for wheels.

The 1 item equals 3 wheels equation is a quick way to figure out how many items an airship needs. I find it easier to divide the number of wheels by 3 than to add up the 3 crate numbers.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 1, 17 6:41 AM
Bemused123 wrote:

When a DQ or special event DQ asks for "steering wheels" ..... the ONLY way you can get them is to press the send button on a fully packed airship.....if you want to send only one or two crates packed, you will not be able to press the send button because it only activates when you send the airship totally empty or totally packed.

You CAN pack a partial airship (you get the coins and the credit for packing when you click on the box) .... when the timer runs down and the airship takes off on its own, you receive nothing extra...no steering wheel credit...no stamp....no pet food....

Day 19 is to PACK 12 crates of items for the airship.....it has nothing to do with steering wheels.....sooooo, you will get credit for the packing of your final airship when you click on all the crates.....you can then either send it to get the pet food, and stamp.....or let it sit docked until it goes off on its own (so you can continue to build items to replenish what you are sending).

Also.....many times the players have entreated the Devs to incorporate some method of storing the left over steering wheels (when a DQ asks for 100 steering wheels and your airship is paying you 275 for the sending, the 175 extra steering wheels are "lost in space" and totally wasted.....yet sometimes you need to send the airship a second time to fulfill a 300 steering wheel request --- and you lose even more of the steering wheels).........while we have asked many times, the Devs have not made any provision for us being able to retrieve or save those extra steering wheels......sigh.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 1, 17 7:43 AM
Annelliegram wrote:

Also.....many times the players have entreated the Devs to incorporate some method of storing the left over steering wheels (when a DQ asks for 100 steering wheels and your airship is paying you 275 for the sending, the 175 extra steering wheels are "lost in space" and totally wasted.....yet sometimes you need to send the airship a second time to fulfill a 300 steering wheel request --- and you lose even more of the steering wheels).........while we have asked many times, the Devs have not made any provision for us being able to retrieve or save those extra steering wheels......sigh.

And they never will because the programming is just too difficult. The airship requests X amount of wheel, Trina needs Y amount of wheels, and a DQ is asking for Z amount of wheels. So how would the 'excess' amount of wheels be computed? When taking the 'excess' amount of wheels out of inventory, how would the program know how many to take? The least amount needed to satisfy 1 of the 3 requests? The largest amount needed?

A much easier change would be to revamp Trina and the DQ's to remove any reference to wheels (simply "send 1 airship" or maybe even pack x amount of crates, need to think more abut that option) AND to recalibrate the maximum number of items requested based on level AND to cap that amount.

No matter how many hidden object scenes become available as we level up, we still only have 24 hours in a day. It is NOT easier for me to send airships (compared to a lower level player). My inventory takes a bigger hit and it takes me longer to replenish what I used.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on May 1, 17 8:03 AM
I found it was much easier to do DQs on a level 17 game.... None of the 3 or 5 part DQs requiring airships were available because the required areas were not open....

psychologically, it was easier to zip through 16 HOs... come back an hour later, zip through them again... rinse, repeat several times a day.... send the airship only for a DQ (this was before Trina).... airship items built up well above 1,000 each and stayed there.... When I sent an airship, it only needed 20 or so items.... In the 4 hours waiting for the airship to return, maxed HO's still equaled 64 items (16 HO's x 4 rounds)..... But, who wants to stay on level 17 till they've completed 1,500 DQs?? not this kid...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 1, 17 8:20 AM
gohill wrote:I found it was much easier to do DQs on a level 17 game.... None of the 3 or 5 part DQs requiring airships were available because the required areas were not open....

psychologically, it was easier to zip through 16 HOs... come back an hour later, zip through them again... rinse, repeat several times a day.... send the airship only for a DQ (this was before Trina).... airship items built up well above 1,000 each and stayed there.... When I sent an airship, it only needed 20 or so items.... In the 4 hours waiting for the airship to return, maxed HO's still equaled 64 items (16 HO's x 4 rounds)..... But, who wants to stay on level 17 till they've completed 1,500 DQs?? not this kid...

Are the 3 new 10 part DQ's available?

I would probably advance to the dizzying heights of level 22, try to play 100 scenes (like I do now) which should result in a good supply of energy balls, play the puzzles whenever possible to get diamonds, and use the gold amulet. I could finish a heck of a lot of DQ's if I only had to part with 20 to 25 items, instead of the 75 to 100 or more items it takes now. And once I was done, I'd probably have billions of coins and would be able to get to max level in no time.

However, I'm not interested in adding a 3rd castle game. Don't want to have to win those tournament avatars again. But, maybe, if those achievements were revamped....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 1, 17 5:04 PM
Triple whammy.

Send an airship (and I forgot to hold back on sending the last one I packed, so kiss another 93 items goodbye.

Spin the fortune wheel 3 times (wheel doesn't reset for 16 hours, so it will cost 600 coins, and then possibly an additional 700, and 800 coins)

Craft a Wreath of Spring.

Can't wait to see what other 2 daily quests I get.

Go to: