Tire tube

Re:Tire tube

[Post New]by woodstock5371 on Jun 28, 10 1:29 PM
I'm ready to give up. I have tried this a100 times over 3 or 4 days . double click to get to the fountian fast (with the word fountian at top of screen) and I still have to click the fountian one more time to get her there. One time I did get her to say I found the hole or whatever she says, but didn't get the tire marked in time. When I fill the tube with air it has blue marks on it, when I click on the tube in inventory it says wet tube with no air . After I got her to say she found the hole in tube ,every time I try again like I said earlier I have to click again to get to the fountain then she says for this small town that is enough or something like that. Can someone tell me how get around this damn part ?

[Post New]by AustinFlame on Jun 29, 10 3:55 PM
I went back to several earlier saves, since I was having the same problem..no matter what I tried, I couldn't get her to repair this tube. I uninstalled the game. Maybe some day when I'm completely bored out of my mind I'll try it again, but I seriously doubt it. Probably won't be purchasing any more in this line. I only had her say "there's the hole" one time, and I tried clicking the tube and marker in inventory only to have run out of time. then of course, the inevitable countless vain attempts to refill the wet tube and then to have the marker fail to work on the wet tube???what is the point? silly. good luck with anyone who is going to keep trying.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 29, 10 5:12 PM
woodstock, once you are at the fountain (one double-click in the courtyard), you do not have to move her again.
Click on the inner tube in inventory and move that to the bowl of the fountain. Using the cursor tip (as always and not the object), click on that (from where you got the coins).
You should get the comment about finding the hole at that point.

Click on the inner tube after the comment to take it out of the fountain and back into inventory. Marking it while in the fountain does not work.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jul 1, 10 9:25 AM
AustinFlame

I am sending you a PM - personal message

[Post New]by woodstock5371 on Jul 3, 10 7:37 PM
Mr_Russ I spent a few more days of wasting my time . Still when I double click on the fountain she stops at the third block back from the fountain and the I have to click again to get her to the fountain, then she says for a small town like this that is enough and by then there isn't time to get the tube to the fountain and forget about even thinking about marking the tire.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 4, 10 12:46 AM
woodstock, I don't understand what's happening there. I've seen the phrase quoted before but I've never had it myself. Enough of what? Are you clicking on the bowl of the fountain and being told that you're out of coins?

I don't have the game loaded at present, so I've got as far as I can with ths and I'm sorry that you've not managed to move on. Maybe someone (cinder555?) who has seen the quote can tell you how to bypass it.

Next time I play this I'll PM you, if it's any consolation.

ETA The comment sounds as though you are clicking on the fountain without the inner tube in hand.

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 3:52:17 AM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jul 6, 10 11:40 AM
woodstock - it does sound you are already are out of time.

I will pm you

[Post New]by woodstock5371 on Jul 8, 10 7:02 PM
Mr_Russ,I tried grabbing the tube then clicking on the fountian,and that still won't take her to the fountian on one double click, and the tube goes back into inventory. That phrase about for a small town that is enough, is from when she goes to the fountian to get money so that she can pay Raul for developing the pictures from her camera. And cinder555 gave me a way to get around the fountian part,but I can't get it to work. Guess I'm just not computer savvy enough!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 9, 10 5:03 AM
woddstock, you grab the inner tube and click it on the fountain when you are already there.

I think we can get you through this.

When the timer first starts counting down in the garage after you have inflated the inner tube, move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen and double-click as soon as you have control back.

That should give you a courtyard view from above, with the garage behind you and the fountain in front.

Yes?

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jul 10, 10 9:19 PM
Hi, I have read every reply posted about having trouble with the innertube, but noone seems to have the problem that I have been having.
The tire is wet but the marker will not mark the tire. I have tried going back to the compressor and filling the tire again but, no dice. I have returned to the fountain in plenty of time but the tire still will not mark. I have also tried marking it in the garage just after filling it with air. I have tried right clicking the tire hoping maybe the pen will mark the tire that way but, the pen will not pick up from the inventory.
i have tried reversing the process with the pen first still uh uh.
I am thinking of going back to my last save but it would take me so far back in the game that I would prefer not to do that.
I have also gone to the Antiquarian garden thinking that maybe the tire was marked and I didn't realize it. uh uh, also.
I have been at this for weeks. The game is really great up until this point. These are my favorite types of games. Here is hoping that someone can let me know just what the heck I am doing wrong. Thanks to anyone who can help

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 11, 10 12:44 AM
Hi, Dianne. I'll step through this with you as I was doing for woodstock.

Have you got out of the garage when the timer has counted about 10 seconds?
Have you double-clicked on the fountain in overhead view and run to it?
Have you clicked on the inner tube in inventory and clicked the tip of the cursor on the bowl of the fountain (from where you got the coins)?

If the answer is yes to all three, you should have had a comment about finding the hole.

Yes?

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 12:46:50 AM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jul 11, 10 7:24 PM
Woodstock and Dianne -

if you would like a save game files(it is like skip the puzzle) just PM me. You are not the only ones that can not do this.

If you click the bowl of the fountain - for the slot machine

[Post New]by kaykaii on Jul 16, 10 11:08 PM
Finally! Afer 50+ times of running back and forth to that stupid fountain i got the tire marked! Thanks for all the posts and suggestions, I tried everything and I think that's what helped. It also helped me to mark the exit arrows on my computer screen so I knew where to double click to get her running and to speed up the process. I figured out why she kept talking about having enough money from the fountain. It was my fault for double clicking too many times. Once was sufficient and was able to complete the task just in time. I still think it's unfair that the clock started before I even picked up the damn tire and it's unfair that the hour glass is so slow too! Don't give up people, you can do it! But if you do feel like you're about to pull your hair out PM me. I saved this puzzle. Good luck!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 17, 10 1:56 AM
I figured out why she kept talking about having enough money from the fountain. It was my fault for double clicking too many times. Once was sufficient
Thank you! Feedback like this is really useful. Well done for getting past this.

[Post New]by AngelzLT on Jul 28, 10 7:22 AM
Ok after three days of trying this I'm about ready to pull my hair out! I've tried all the hints here including sticking little things all over my screen for where the mouse is supposed to go and I STILL can't get it to work! I always seem to run out of time between picking up the marker pen and the tyre appearing in my inventory!

Unless someone out there has new hints or a way around this I might just have to give up and uninstall the game!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 28, 10 7:46 AM
I always seem to run out of time between picking up the marker pen and the tyre appearing in my inventory!
You appear to be doing things the wrong way round (or trying to mark the inner tube while it's in the fountain).

As soon as you get the comment about finding the hole, take the inner tube out of the fountain. The inner tube must be in your inventory before you combine the marker with it (click marker to pick it up, click it on the inner tube) to mark it.

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Aug 6, 10 1:23 PM
I HAVE TRIED MAYBE 30 OR 40 TIMES TO MARK THE HOLE IN THE TIRE. I KNOW WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO BUT ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AIR BEFORE SHE CAN MARK IT. STUPID CLOCK STARTS BEFORE SHE GETS OUT OF GARAGE. THIS IS RUINING THE WHOLE GAME FOR ME. WILL KEEP TRYING AS THE WEEKS GO BY (NO EXAGGERATION) BUT NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 6, 10 3:55 PM
That timer starts for everyone before she leaves the garage. You've lost between 10 and 15 seconds before you have control of the cursor.

You can prepare though as you can still move the cursor. Move it to the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (exit arrow) and double-click (just once) as soon as you can move her again. This will take you out of the garage and into the courtyard in overhead view at a run.

As soon as you can see the fountain, put the cursor on it and double-click. It is important that you do this just once. She will then run to the fountain. (If you double-click twice she will run and attempt to take coins out of the fountain which takes up valuable time).

Click on the inner tube to take it out of your inventory. Click it on the bowl of the fountain. You should get the comment about seeing the hole at this point.

Ok so far?

ETA I think I know what you're doing wrong. Where are you trying to mark the inner tube?

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 5:13:13 PM PST

[Post New]by peggysu on Aug 6, 10 7:22 PM
This is our favorite type of game. We were having so much fun with this one until we hit this tire. Both sister and I have tried repeatedly on this task and failed.

We are getting rid of this game and moving on to another one. We most likely won;t by another one by this maker either. too glitchy. why no skip option???

Terribly disappointed as both of us are good puzzle players.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Aug 7, 10 9:02 AM
Adventure games do have a sort of a skip the puzzle option. It is called a save game files. If you want one, let me know by Personal Message -PM and instructions included.

When you save a spot on this game it comes into 2 files - one for the picture and one for the game.

Go to: