ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 16, 10 10:16 PM
i wish i had followed in your footsteps, happygrams! after an hours' worth of crime and punishment, i'm ready to call it cruel and unusual... at best, there were corny spots where you really had to laugh, because you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't... personally, i'm ready to start the tears of joy because it's over! i really wanted to give this game a fair shake, but the whole concept of traveling back in time to uncover the truth behind *this* crime seems so ridiculous! why not use those powers of observation for something a little more worthwhile than a grumpy old woman who beat her sister and robbed people blind?! seriously, i'm ashamed to think what these people consider trivial if this is at the top of their to-do list! well, i tried... did not like, but had a few laughs along the way... my favorite has to be when kat says 'look at that cool sign' and it's a fortune teller shop, complete with voodoo doll! yeah, i think i remember that being in the book...

for those of you who are enjoying this game, peace be with you! and may you always find joy in the most unexpected places!

and to all... happy gaming

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Apr 16, 10 11:10 PM
I just finished Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov and all I can say is----one of the worst games I have ever played. The graphics were drab and boring and the hidden objects were so small and hard to find that I was actually relieved when the demo was over. I had great expectations for this game and was greatly disappointed by everything about it. By the time I finished the demo, I didn't care who killed the old lady. It's sad that the game designers seemed unable to come up with a better representation of this novel.
. I would not buy this game even if it was offered for $2.99. That's just my opinion of course. Others may enjoy this game. That being said, I suggest you try the demo and draw your own conclusions.
Happing gaming to all of you out there,.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 16, 10 11:43 PM
overthehill60 wrote:I just finished Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov and all I can say is----one of the worst games I have ever played. .

Agree with every word! I experienced yesterday a Sado-Mazo event, only to finish the game, and to throw it to the trash (uninstalled, never to see it again). What a waste of money...

calabashbb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by calabashbb on Apr 17, 10 8:37 AM
I also wasn't interested in finishing the demo and that's an indicator I won't be purchasing it either. I'm a hooked on Hidden Object's but I also enjoy Match 3's with a story line.

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 8:38:41 AM PST

[Post New]by jeniwren on Apr 17, 10 9:19 AM
I was impressed. More challenging than most of HOGs I've been playing. The finds are hard on the eyes, I wouldn't try it unless you really wanted a good hunt. Out of the ordinary. Witty. I missed alot of the bonus items which is unusual for me, especially the feathers. I also thought the length was over the average of late. Really, don't bother if everything needs to be like Drawn, which I guess I didn't appreciate as much as some.

[Post New]by Mephibosheth on Apr 17, 10 11:49 AM
This game could have been very entertaining, if a little more time and attention had been put into it. Often the clues were vague and hard to identify, with one example being that you had to find "shoes" and yet there were several different pairs in the picture.

The storyline followed "Crime and Punishment's" plot admirably, but unless one had read the book previously (and had enjoyed it!) the plot of the game was passe. In fact, over the period of the trial, I cared very little for the dialogue as I already knew what was going to be covered. The entrance of futuristic "secret agents" made things a little more interesting, but there was hardly any further insights to the plot, as they knew what the player did, no more, no less.

My other issue with the game was the multiple "special" secret items, namely the letter, the feather, the candelabra, and the axe. They didn't seem to add anything to the plot, in fact, I'm still not sure what purpose the feather had! As noted earlier, the hints took a painfully long time to recharge, and there were almost no mini-games. In all, it was a good attempt, but definitely not a buy.

REDFIRER
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by REDFIRER on Apr 17, 10 12:04 PM
It is a fun game i am all most finish purchase it today can not put it down

maggieB95
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by maggieB95 on Apr 17, 10 12:28 PM
Happy Saturday All!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments!
It is nice to know if a game is up to the true HOG player's standards.
For many players, it was not. That was a surprise to me!

I am going to give the demo a try and see how I feel about it.
Just wanted to say thanks for the honest reviews/ opinions, really helpful, I think!

Have a great weekend! maggie

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 17, 10 1:37 PM
I played the whole demo, and if it becomes a Daily Deal, I'll be glad to buy it.

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Apr 17, 10 5:54 PM
Pretty much a standard HOG, but had a couple different aspects to it that made it a touch more interesting. I liked having to talk to several people in 1 scene, give them something and then continue conversations with others. Mini games pretty simple and easy, didn't have to strain my brain too much on this one.

The biggest thumbs down I have for this game is the graphics. Far too grainy, and quite dark so wasn't able to see objects without a hint (which is way to slow in reloading, I might add), When the hint showed where the object was, I knew I would NEVER had found it otherwise.
At one point, I even searched for my reading glasses to see better, only to find out I already had them on! For that reason, I won't waste my money on this game.

Like I said, its an ordinary HOG, but I guess I'm spoiled with Interactive HOG, like RTR, Drawn, Puppeteer, and the like. Not enough of those kind of HOG's being offered.

Edited on 04/17/2010 at 5:57:08 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 17, 10 8:49 PM
in a word..............CRAP!!!!!!!

xidcrikit
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by xidcrikit on Apr 17, 10 10:09 PM
I'm a minority here also. I liked this game. Made me interested in reading the book. Didn't read it in HS because it was a classic and being the typical teenager no classics can be very good. I don't think it was difficult but not too easy either. Doesn't rate up there with some of the others(MCF diresville(sp), puppetville) but not on the bottom either. Loved the credits, thought that was creative to display producers and artist in period costumes. JMHO

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 18, 10 1:02 AM
I liked the music. But that's about all. Basically, it was pretty bogus.

Timer
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Timer on Apr 18, 10 9:38 AM
Quit after the first scene and deleted the game. Graphics were dull and the music was monotonous.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Apr 18, 10 3:51 PM
I liked it - I'm buying it.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Apr 18, 10 4:12 PM
Looks like I am in the majority for a change. It seems that most people have played the demo for 1/2 hour and quit as did I. Needs to have a regular hint program to make it easier to move along. Sorry.

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Apr 19, 10 11:44 AM
From some of the early reviews I thought I would not like this game, almost didnt demo. Was pleasantly surprised to find I wanted to keep playing after my hour was up. Bought and glad I did.

[Post New]by stressedoutinde on Apr 19, 10 3:12 PM
Played my whole hour, hoping it would get better. It didn't. Too dark, some items way too small. I have been here quite a while, just don't post, but I feel I had to after that. This one is a definite NO.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Apr 19, 10 8:20 PM
Everyone's reviews were helpful as always-I kind of liked the trial hour, just not enough to buy, and I agree that sometimes the scenes are a little murky. Might buy it on a DD.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Apr 19, 10 10:09 PM
I didn't hate the game but it isn't very long... I finished 16 chapters in the hour demo. I don't know why everyone hated this game so much... there have been many worse lol. It is still not a buy for me, it wasn't interesting enough for me to find out what happens in the end. Puzzles are easy and some of the items are too small.

Go to: