Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by Nitrousbabe on Jun 18, 17 4:47 AM
Update
I change my resolution like it said in a earlier post I saw and got the game to start then closed it changed my computer back to the proper resolutions and it worked can open the game normally now wooohoooooo it even put me back to where I was in the game didnt have to start at the beginning again , also tried the other game I bought that didnt work and it works now

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by mortegami on Jun 18, 17 7:24 AM
I, too, am experiencing the issue in the Bonus Game where the Hint is not available and though I have the bracelet, the game will not use it for the basilisk before the portal. I read through the forum, first, for a fix to try and saw the 'Run as Administrator'. While I could not do that for the game specifically, I did run the Game Manager as admin and attempted the game once more. It unfortunately did not work. I'm hopeful that BFG is taking our feedback to the game creators who will be working on a patch for the issue.

After all, BFG isn't responsible for creating the games, merely for hosting them, as far as I can tell. They have treated me very well in the many years I have been a member, and I think a game here or there that might have hiccups shouldn't be enough for temper tantrums.

[Post New]by etosha58 on Jun 20, 17 1:30 AM
Sjlovescc wrote:Game will not open after install. Using Windows 10 with most recent update. Tried deleting, reinstalling to no avail.

Yep, I first got the SE version which would not open (also using Windows 10)...tried deleting and reinstalling. BF suggested only uploading the trial version of CE to see if it would work...which it didn't. Have never had this problem before and have been with BF for quite a few years! Disappointing but will try before I buy in the future, just in case it happens again.

[Post New]by angel_gretchen on Jun 22, 17 7:24 PM
I need to use the bracelet on the lighthouse keeper, and it won't activate when I click on it. I have tried closing the game, and going back to it, go to another location, and go back to that location, etc. nothing seems to be working.

I am on Windows 10.

[Post New]by grdm2ONE on Jun 23, 17 8:32 AM
same issue not able to open game. tried all the suggestions in the help section. I believe it is due to windows update because I was able to play the game with no problems the day before the update was installed

Bunny1419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bunny1419 on Jun 23, 17 10:39 AM
Not just a windows issue. I am on a MAC and same problem

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 23, 17 4:17 PM
Again I redirect some peoples attention to this as they still seem to be having issues with opening the game and mention uninstalling and reinstalling but not this fix, which has been shown to work with many people.

For anyone having trouble opening game and using Windows 10, maybe give this a go. It's worth a try.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.
Good luck,
Sazoria.

[Post New]by ang9772 on Jun 26, 17 6:56 PM
I just reactivated my account, downloaded this game and cannot play it. I restarted my computer numerous times, still gives me error 809. Please help. Thank yhou.

ymccarty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ymccarty on Jul 8, 17 4:11 PM
Can't get the bracelet to work on the bird at the start of the bonus game. I am using a PC Windows 7 pro. Thanks for any help

pumkin5364
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by pumkin5364 on Jul 9, 17 11:24 AM
I need to use the bracelet to freeze the caretaker in the bonus chapter and it won't let me. I can pick up everything I have in inventory but nothing when it comes to the bracelet. Suggestions????? I can't finish the bonus game without freezing him.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 9, 17 1:22 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your patience and for taking the time to report the issues being experienced while playing The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World Collector's Edition. I can see there are a few issues here and I wanted to swim by to provide some suggestions as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

Players who are reporting an error code when trying to play may have success using our Big Fish Games Help pages to find some suggested troubleshooting steps. It sounds like some players are encountering an 809 error code when trying to play, and the following article may assist specifically with that error:

Errors 809, 813, 773, and 774

Some players are reporting an issue with Windows 10 and a recent update to that operating system. We have determined that players have been able to resolve an issue surrounding a specific Windows 10 update by changing their screen's resolution before opening the game they were having trouble with. This should help resolve that issue and allow players to continue playing the game. Just in case it's helpful, here's how to change your screen's resolution:

Screen Resolution

If you are seeing trouble with the game being unable to be opened and are not playing on Windows 10, the following page may help with any crash, freeze, or other display related issue that is encountered on PC:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For Mac players, the following general steps can resolve some of the common issues that may occur when trying to play one of our games:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If these steps don't seem to help, please contact our Support Team using the steps in the next post.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 9, 17 1:22 PM
Some players have reported issues with being able to continue in the bonus chapter while using the bracelet. I apologize that this issue is stopping players from continuing and want to let everyone know that the teams behind the game are aware of this issue. If an update is provided for this game, a moderator will be sure to create an announcement so our players will know where to download and install that new update as well as what it contains.

For players that are affected by the above issue, or have tried our suggested steps and have been unable to resolve a separate technical issue, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, which should help any further investigations that are needed. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as possible to help.

Thank you all for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 07/09/2017 at 1:23:15 PM PST

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Aug 30, 17 6:18 AM
BARTSISTER has posted some info regarding the BONUS game problems. I didn't save game to desktop but started with a new profile and didn't touch the tower just to the left of the inventory - bonus game worked and accessed the tower afterwards

[Post New]by debz139 on Feb 1, 18 9:16 AM
Hi and wow!! I can't believe this has been an issue for so long, had I known I would not have purchased this game.
I am on windows XP, I have had no problems playing this game at all but got to bonus game and am locked out. I am not getting error codes or anything else, it seems that I need to use the bracelet to proceed in this game but it will not open, I can't do anything else in this level.
Any ideas? It is frustrating to play a game for so long and then can't get any further

[Post New]by NattyNNG on Feb 27, 18 1:39 PM
60schild wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the hint button and the bracelet in the "bonus chapter?" The hint button isn't working at all and the bracelet won't activate on the creature in the portal (this is at the beginning of the bonus chapter). I've tried changing difficulties and did uninstall/re-install the game. Thanks in advance.

I am having the exact same problems?!

agbosche
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by agbosche on Feb 28, 18 1:15 PM
I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I can't use the bracelet in the first scene of the bonus game. I'm running Windows XP. The first game played fine. Is there an update available?

Go to: