Mystic Gallery

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 19, 10 12:48 PM
Thank you, penrose. That is what I would like to say but you said it better than I could. Very nicely said.

bbelle

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 19, 10 1:09 PM
Thank you, penrose!!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 19, 10 1:12 PM
Hey Fishies,

I just wanted to pop in and remind folks to share their opinions and constructive criticisms respectfully. It's very difficult to convey tone online so let's all keep this in mind when offering up opinions and discussing this game.

Cheers!

-bfgZambezi

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 19, 10 2:45 PM
sweetcandygames wrote:Hello for all of the fishies, im one of the catmoon members who developed the game.

sweetcandygames,
I thought you should hear from someone who actually bought your game.

I liked your game and bought it. Thanks for all the hard work.

I would have liked more information about the paintings but I'm not a lawyer so, I won't give you any grief about the copyright issue.

I would like to respectfully disagree with the assumption of one poster here that most HOG enthusiasts don't care about the story. The story is more important to HOG players than many of the other genres and the HOG review trash heaps are full of disappointed comments about uninteresting story lines.

Additionally, I think the short BFG trial time is unfortunate for some games as I find that I learn more about the game's internal logic and a feel for the game developers intentions as I spend a bit more time with them but economics dictates the trial time.

Thanks again

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 2:48:05 PM PST

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 19, 10 3:04 PM
I played the game for 55 minutes. I have both likes and "not like so much" about this game.

"My Likes" -- I really liked the idea of the game. You have a lot to do -- find gems, find hidden objects, find the disc to play the mini-games -- all good. I also liked the idea of earning points after each level and being graded by the judges. Interesting concept.

"My Not Like So Much" -- The hidden objects scenes had two things that I think could have been done better. 1) The scenes were too faded and not very sharp. 2) The hidden objects were too obvious. If beta tested, I would have thought that this would have been addressed. I was all excited to play the mini-games, BUT spinning the wheel and getting the same types of games -- find the similar hidden object, which was the same all the time, putting pictures together, which were pretty easy, find the differences, OK, find the matching pairs, too easy. Perhaps trying to do too much in the game took away from making this game one that could have been very challenging.

"Would Have Liked More" -- Once you earn your rating for a level, it would have been niced if this game allowed you to replay a level. This took away from the game.

"Recommendation/Rating" -- I would say that this game may be enjoyed more by beginners than more seasoned players. While I enjoyed the 55 minutes of play, I started getting bored, hoping the mini-games would become more challenging. Mixed rating 4- out of 5 for creativity and potential. for more work to be done -- better graphics, more challenge in the game, less repeative activities. My purchase if/when at $2.99.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Apr 19, 10 3:23 PM
WTF !!!!

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Apr 19, 10 10:13 PM
I love a good HOG with multiple mini games but I want to finish one thing first before I have to do mini games that are too easy and repetitive. I didn't like they way the objects are hidden way too big.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 20, 10 1:58 AM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies,

I just wanted to pop in and remind folks to share their opinions and constructive criticisms respectfully. It's very difficult to convey tone online so let's all keep this in mind when offering up opinions and discussing this game.

Cheers!

-bfgZambezi

Thanks for posting these comments. I find that at times, I'm uncomfortable with the tone of the postings. The tone in this forum seems to be somewhat unfriendly. Constructive feedback is wonderful, but some of the comments seem to be on the side of disrespectful.

Edited on 04/20/2010 at 11:41:42 AM PST

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Apr 20, 10 9:41 AM
whAT IS IT WITH THE GAMES LATELY I USED TO BUT 4 OR 5 A MONTH HAVENT BOUGHT ANY LATELY SOME VAGUE GRAPHICS HAVENT BEEN ABLT TO FIND ONE I LIKE

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Apr 21, 10 4:15 AM
At this moment I am ashamed being a fellow fish of you bashers. I am not native english either and I am sure I make a lot of grammar faults. But to attack a person like that?

SHAME ON YOU

jeliecam
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jeliecam on Apr 30, 10 2:32 AM
Hello fellow fishies and developers.

We enjoyed this game, and did purchase it. The HOGs were challenging; some objects easy to find and others more difficult.

As an artist I do like playing art themed games. I did wonder about why the titles and artists were not listed. Thanks sweetcandygames for explaining.

We don't mind different sizes for the hidden objects. Several HOGs make this size diffence from small to very large. We did find that using the magnifier did not actually help, and played the whole game without using it.

I think that some of the fuzziness that people have mentioned, is because the paintings themselves are not sharp.

On the minigames, we found some very easy but others more difficult. The only complaint is that on the jigsaw puzzle minigame the paintings were repeated.

In the hidden object part, I did find that some of the items were hard to click on; you have to be so exact or end up with missed clicks.

If another game like this comes along, we would certainly play it.

SPOILER
One question though. After you get your diploma, does the game just keep going, or is there a particular score you have to get to end the game?

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 2:33:41 AM PST

[Post New]by froggiefly3 on May 11, 10 11:47 PM
Well, I seem to be in the minority here, but, I LIKE this game!! I Like all of the different mini-games, I LIKE everything about it except the vampire lady!!
I suggest you try it and make your own decision, I went in with no expectations and was bummed when the demo stopped!! Rare for me lately!! Have Fun with any game you choose to play & Thanks BF!!!

Edited on 05/11/2010 at 11:51:35 PM PST

fudge25
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by fudge25 on May 15, 10 4:35 PM
I did not read all posts but I must say look for "dices" I did not look any further and uninstalled.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 24, 11 6:41 PM
I remember being fairly new to the forums when this thread was started and being embarrassed and angry at how the developer was treated here. Reading this again, I feel sad. If I were them, I'd look elsewhere for constructive criticism because they certainly didn't get much of that here.

Go to: