glocal
Flounder
Flounder
2,408 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by glocal on Apr 20, 10 8:24 AM
Not a sale. Goofy hidden? objects, irritating mini games especially find the differences. Dices, not dice?, Fifth level cup was a glass. 4th level rock was a log, annoying flying discs to catch, didn't know what a syrinx was, like a organ pipe miniature musical instrument. Didn't even get score on 5th level. started 6th (don't know how manylevels) wasn't sorry to see it end my demo. Ugh!

Plus everything else that was said I probably agree with.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 20, 10 9:09 AM
Goodness gracious...looks like I'm not going to even try this game...read most of the comments and well need I say more....! Glad BF has these lovely forums to post or review.

pinkiii
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by pinkiii on Apr 20, 10 10:18 AM
This Game is so BAD,being Partly sighted FUZZY is no good to me,a No No.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Apr 20, 10 11:36 AM
I would have liked more information about the paintings but I'm not a lawyer so, I won't give you any grief about the copyright issue.

They're all in public domain by now, from what I saw, & even if they weren't & the devs had pd to use to images, it wouldn't stop them from saying hey! look! it's a portrait of Napoleon! by Jean-Jacques de la Court-Painter!

OMG could that chick be any MORE scary? I seriously thunk it was going to somehow end up a vampire game just by that blinding expanse of teeth alone. Jeez! Stilted English, bad proofreading (fire whoever scammed you out of euros for that mess), waaaaay too many minigames. Trivia a total crapshoot unless you've taken Art History & can guess at a date in the 1600s by reaching into the cobwebs of your collegiate experience to recollect hmmm that looks like the Dutch school.
The problem w/ trying to do a HOG out of actual paintings is that it turns into "click on what doesn't belong" which is borrring. Tho I was vastly amused to see one of the paintings was The Courtship of Anne Boleyn LOL

PS> what's "mystic" about the place?

Edited on 04/20/2010 at 11:38:23 AM PST

[Post New]by tequilashotgirl2 on Apr 20, 10 1:56 PM
I really find this game pretty boring. The same thing over and over again.Was
really no challenge at all.

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Apr 20, 10 2:01 PM
pkrh wrote:
catmartie wrote:
Eisteepfirsich wrote:The answer to nooldesroms question: You get always only ***** when you write HOG, because it can mean also a nasty word (pig). I think thats the reason. (I have searched in a translationbook for HOG lol).

Unlikely! Neither the current word for the porcine mammal, beginning with p, nor its more archaic form, beginning with h, are in any way nasty. (Even to Americans, as far as I know.) But thanks for trying to help.

LOL - HOG is 3 letters. If you take away the 'G" it becomes a two letter street gang word that means a "woman who asks for money for certain favors". If you type the two letters, then the asterisks appear as the language program catches it. There is nothing wrong with the word pig. In fact, piglets - baby pigs - are the cutest things ever.

Just because certain youths in America who have not paid attention in school cannot spell [removed by Moderator] correctly, I should not have an insulting and untruthful slur thrown on my posts!

By the way, please can someone tell me what [removed by Moderator] in several posts in this thread means?

So not only is Mystic Gallery a waste of time in itself, it goes on to cause me all this grief for reviewing it.

Edited on 04/21/2010 at 1:53:56 PM PST

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Apr 20, 10 2:23 PM
I found the helper who looked like a vampire way too annoying, had to click and click to make her go away. I like the concept of the game but found too many things I didn't like including the meter. If you didn't click on exactly the right spot, the meter went down. Not really a problem becaus it never went down very much, just annoying. Didn't finish the trial and won't buy unless it becomes a DD sometime in the future. For $2.99 I can overlook the annoying stuff.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Apr 20, 10 2:24 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..........pardon me.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Stumped about Hidden Object Game abbreviation - maybe an answer

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Apr 20, 10 3:38 PM
I think I read somewhere that the computer will not allow you to post HOG or IHOG. Let's see what it does with this post. But then, I heard if you posted them like this: HOG's and IHOG's it will show up. So, testing, testing - Let's see if that answers the question....

cg

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Letter abreviations

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Apr 20, 10 3:39 PM
Well, it looks like the computer took both versions - but maybe they will correct it sometime in the future. I'll keep checking back.

See ya
cg

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Apr 21, 10 2:13 AM
ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! I cant think of a single positive thing about this TERRIBLE game. The dialogue, graphics, music and sounds were all THE WORST! The host was so ugly I cringed every time she popped up. The hint circle is huge, 1/4 of the screen. Items are not proportionate sizes. The English is poor..."get a game for test your abilities". It counts your misclicks on everything, even on minis. It even gives you misclicks if you put a puzzle piece down in the wrong place, on find the differences and on the memory card game. LOL has anyone ever been able to do memory cards with no misclicks?

When I finished a mini and got a "Hallelujah" sound byte, I couldnt help but groan out loud LOL.

I finished the 1st level in 20 mins, then had to run away, I just couldnt take a minute more.

Sorry BFG, this one is pond scum, I wouldnt pay $1.00 for.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 21, 10 4:12 AM
Catmartie,

In the UK [removed] means What The.....[removed]!! Don't know if it's the same in the US but not very flattering over here!

Edited on 04/21/2010 at 1:58:43 PM PST

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Apr 21, 10 10:34 AM
Yes, so Savemejack thinks too. So those initials are acceptable but the initials of Hidden Object are not.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 21, 10 1:51 PM
Hey Fishies,

Just popping in to clarify why you may see something that looks like "****" in your post. We've got an automatic censor that will mistake the abbreviation for "Hidden Object" as a curse word. You won't get that bleep if you use the abbreviation "HOG" for Hidden Object Game. We're really sorry for any confusion this automatic censor causes, it's just the way our forums bleep out the bad words. As for the actual curse words, we do not allow cursing in our forums so please do not try to get around the automatic censors in order to say curse words.

The automatic censor is explained in our FAQ and General Rules

Sorry for any confusion folks!

-bfgZambezi

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Apr 21, 10 4:35 PM
catmartie wrote:Yes, so Savemejack thinks too. So those initials are acceptable but the initials of Hidden Object are not.

My husband points out that in the USA Father Christmas - sorry, "Santa" - must greet people with "Asterisk! Asterisk! Asterisk!"

Then there's the Jeff Beck classic "Hi Asterisk Silver Lining"

... And Snow White's Seven Dwarves (Persons of restricted growth) "Hi Asterisk, Hi Asterisk, it's off to work we go."

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Apr 22, 10 2:24 PM
OK I read the reviews and thought, NAH could not be that bad have to go for it so I did played 40 minutes actually before I WOKE UP as in IS THIS A BAD DREAM I AM HAVING? ....BEAM ME UP SCOTTIE LOL

Sorry was a NO GO for me I felt like I had transversed into a game that might have been made in the 70's for use in visual recognition or something NOT sure on the something have to think on that one.

Trying so hard to find something good to say about it hmmm OK I liked the flying discs thats it for me see ya in the real world.

On to the next adventure

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 22, 10 9:15 PM
catmartie wrote:
Eisteepfirsich wrote:The answer to nooldesroms question: You get always only ***** when you write HOG, because it can mean also a nasty word (pig). I think thats the reason. (I have searched in a translationbook for HOG lol).

Unlikely! Neither the current word for the porcine mammal, beginning with p, nor its more archaic form, beginning with h, are in any way nasty. (Even to Americans, as far as I know.) But thanks for trying to help.

the problem with the word doesn't have anything to do with pigs... it's H.O. that bears the brunt because the letters by themselves bring about a connotation to [****] - the asterisks pop up when someone describes something as h0-hum as well... silliy to me... but we are in a family swim zone!

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Apr 22, 10 9:59 PM
Well, my review of this game is as follows:

I made it through 8 minutes, and that included setting it up and reading all the script. I couldn't find one thing in the picture, nor could I even have any hope of knowing the name of the painting in the first mini-game.

Did you catch the grammatical errors?

If you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown, this will definintely put you over the edge in no time flat.

Just awful !!

[Post New]by magnoliajem on Apr 24, 10 2:21 PM
My favorite part of this game was when the skill test wheel landed on the star---"lucky moment--skip this test"!!! LOL

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 2:22:56 PM PST

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Apr 24, 10 3:47 PM
Yuck - what a waste of time!

Go to: