GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

Re:we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 30, 17 1:08 PM
gtminer wrote:Which DQ's will you absolutely not do?

Which DQ's are the best ones to do?

I almost ALWAYS accept the first DQ at GMT start time no matter what it is. For me it is 8 pm, perfect for DQing for 3 hours of prime time tv, bed at 11 pm, then 3 or 4 more hours at 5 am while coffee-drinking in quiet solitude...until time to do real life DQs (chores ugh!)...or eat!

I agree with TSue, depends on playing style. My playing style has developed around this playing time.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 30, 17 1:32 PM
Game #1 finished exactly 1 DQ today, Rare Editions, after I finally got a decent airship. Next up was Record Keeper, so my day was done on that game.

Game #2 started with Rare Editions, then Competition, then in came Inspiration. Hemmed and hawed, but did it, then Another Potion showed up. Sick of this one but Trina wanted wheels, so I completed it.

There's only 3 hours 30 minutes left, but I just got What's Going On. Can't pass that one up, so I'll be throwing diamonds around to bring back airships and open up dice table.

Can't believe I'll be sending 5 airships in 1 day. Get palpitations just typing it.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 30, 17 1:48 PM
LOL TiramaSue! I'm on the last 2 belfries of Gnome Spy after completing a New Knowledge earlier, so 4 airships <----those are palpitations, NOT love for Gnome Spy OR airships. Wouldn't have started the Gnome Spy but I had more than 30 minutes left on an amulet What else could I do?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 30, 17 1:48 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
Can't believe I'll be sending 5 airships in 1 day. Get palpitations just typing it.

You've had quite a day of airships. I think I just fainted. Depending on the airship requirements I'm guessing that's around 500 plus/minus airship items?

I've updated my post on the previous page of my DQ's since last nights GMT. Still have one more hour to find out what the last one on game 2 will be that will no doubt get skipped with only 2 and a half hours left in the day. Then I'll update that post again once I find out what it is. In short I've had two 3 part and two 5 part on each game that I was able to complete. Zero 10 part will be completed today.

I have to say, I'm surprised I've had NO airships to send on any of them. Though you know that tomorrow may be a completely different animal.

Edited to add: Just got In the Service of the Record Keeper with less than 3 hrs 'til GMT. Updated my other post to reflect all the daily quests I managed to open and/or finish today.

Edited on 05/30/2017 at 2:33:19 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 30, 17 3:23 PM
I had an airship that only needed 60 or so items. Kept rubbing my eyes thinking I wasn't seeing clearly. Then I checked the DQ to make sure it was enough wheels. Yes! DQ was only for 150 wheels, I had 180 or so. Had a couple ships in the low to mid 200's, so I'm guessing I used around 400 items total for the day.

I've been very lucky because I've started the day with Rare Editions so often. Even with the 5 ships sent today, I'm averaging 2 ships per day per game. And I've been doing more than 100 scenes per day per game to get the energy balls. SO I still have plenty of items to use when my favorite gotta do 'em DQ's arrive.

But I'm done for the day. Just got Gnome Spy.

Today was a good day. Unlike the past 3 days, I finished collecting energy balls 4 hours or so before end of day instead of finishing in the last 10 minutes.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 30, 17 5:12 PM
USA May 30th, New GMT rollover.

Just got...

Game 1: Robbery of the Century / Lost Pages (skipping this one as I won't finish before GMT)

Game 2: Helpful Device / Strange Papers / Rare Editions / Gnome Spy / Secret Delivery / O.G.R.E. 13 / Gnome Spy (not going to get this one done with only 7 hours left 'til GMT after already completing it once today)

Activated an amulet and finished both the first Gnome Spy and Secret Delivery in that hour. Three 10 part quests completed in one day for game 2 - Whoo hoo Cost me a fortune in diamonds to call back airships

Will be updating this post with the DQ's I can get done before next GMT. I get mostly the older ones over and over and over. I've only seen a few of the newer ones. It would be nice if they would just rotate. But it seems like I've gotten Helpful Device almost daily and this is the second day in a row. I'm positive I'm not the only player experiencing this.

Edited with progress on games 1 and 2 throughout the day.

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 12:47:35 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 30, 17 5:30 PM
I almost feel guilty about getting Rare Editions yet again. Almost. Then I remember the weeks of Record Keeper and figure the game still owes me and I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Game #1
Rare Editions
What's Going On?
Something New
Studying Luck
Ancient Picture (not enough time to do)

Game #2
Rare Editions
Strange Papers
Birth of Goo
Legendary Scroll
Experiment
Special Interest (not enough time to do)

On both games, the dice table is not available. I won't spend diamonds to open early until I've got a good airship docked.

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 4:39:58 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 30, 17 6:04 PM
DON'T feel guilty. Congrats. Celebrate for as long as you can

Oh. You can pass some of that my way when your finished with it

Edited on 05/30/2017 at 6:09:18 PM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on May 30, 17 6:27 PM
OK, got a DQ that fits the "never going to do" category. "Day 1", a 3 part DQ, wants 350 airship wheels I so wish we had a skip function. Guess no DQ's for me until the next reset.

Wishing you all the best of the best DQ's for today,

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 31, 17 11:12 AM
OMG! Don't hate me people.

Game #1 received Rare Editions, followed by What's Going On? and now I got Something New!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 31, 17 11:16 AM
Good for you and keep it going TSue! After all, you have been due this very nice streak, very deserving

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 31, 17 11:24 AM
TiramaSue wrote:OMG! Don't hate me people.

Game #1 received Rare Editions, followed by What's Going On? and now I got Something New!

We don't hate you... Are you kidding? We are all CHEERING for you. Nice going . Live it up as long as you can keep it up.

If you see my post above that I've been updating with the DQ's as they get completed since GMT last night I finally got a Rare Editions . Since I got Gnome Spy early this morning I went ahead and activated an amulet and got it and Special Delivery both done in that hour. Three 10 DQ's in one day. Had to quit after getting Gnome Spy again.

Game 1 still working on Robber of the Century and will be done in an hour then I'll find out if I can get a second one in or not before GMT.

AND... I had used CQ's to do the crafting for the DQ's. I happened to still have one standing by for the next DQ crafting when it came around. DQ had me feed pets. One brought back a Mechanical Heart that my current CQ needed . I didn't know pets brought back crafted items .

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 31, 17 11:28 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:LOL TiramaSue! I'm on the last 2 belfries of Gnome Spy after completing a New Knowledge earlier, so 4 airships <----those are palpitations, NOT love for Gnome Spy OR airships. Wouldn't have started the Gnome Spy but I had more than 30 minutes left on an amulet What else could I do?

On a disappointing note...I missed my last Belfry visit of Gnome Spy yesterday and had already sent the airship . My 79 year old, RV traveling parents (whom I love dearly and only get to see at Thanksgiving and Christmas) came over one last time before traveling back home to SC from FL and, well, at an hour after reset I had to keep saying "they are flesh and blood, these are only pixels".

Pulling up the bootstraps with my big girl panties on...today is another day

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 31, 17 11:38 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:
On a disappointing note...I missed my last Belfry visit of Gnome Spy yesterday and had already sent the airship . My 79 year old, RV traveling parents (whom I love dearly and only get to see at Thanksgiving and Christmas) came over one last time before traveling back home to SC from FL and, well, at an hour after reset I had to keep saying "they are flesh and blood, these are only pixels".

Bummer. However, you are right. People over pixels. Family and health are more important than the Castle.

The good news is with a little work you can get all back that was spent on that DQ. I hope you get a little of the luck that Tirama Sue has and get some easy and quicker DQ's preferably without airship parts .

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 31, 17 4:48 PM
Well, the last 2 days have been exciting. Another 5 airship day, thankfully not on the same game. No exaggeration, I must have played close to 1,000 hidden objects these past 2 days. Fun, but no way can I keep up this pace.

Totals for month of May:

Game #1
3 part - 9
5 part - 7
10 part - 14

Game #2
3 part - 7
5 part - 14
10 part - 8

Progress toward achievements:

Game #1
3 part - 195
5 part - 156
10 part - 147

Game #2
3 part - 185
5 part - 171
10 part - 128

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 31, 17 6:16 PM
My Stats for May and total toward achievements (since I started in May)

Game 1:
3 part - 9
5 part - 10
10 part - 6

Game 2:
3 part - 17
5 part - 10
10 part - 5

USA May 31st, GMT Rollover

Game 1: Something New / Inspiration / Secret Delivery / Robbery of the Century / O.G.R.E. 13 / Gnome Spy / Another Potion / O.G.R.E. 13 again / New Knowledge (yep, not going to get this 10 part finished in 5 hrs)

Game 2: Knowledge Hunter / Robbery of the Century / Lost Pages (can't get done with only 35 min to GMT)

Yea! Some of Tirama Sue's luck found it's way to me - Yippee. Got two (a 10 part and a 5 part) done in the first 30 minutes of GMT rollover.

Updating as I progress through the day until the next GMT rollover.

edited for UPDATE:

Used an amulet on game 1 for Robbery of the Century. With the time remaining also got O.G.R.E. 13 , Gnome Spy, and half of Another Potion within that hour. Got O.G.R.E. 13 again and is the last one for game 1 for the day.

On game 2 for Robbery of the Century I'm using diamonds to open HOS on every other part. Will finish that one 50 minutes before GMT so that will be the last one for the day.

Game 1 will complete for the day: four 10 part, two 5 part, and two 3 part. Over all a good day with the help of an amulet.

Game 2 will complete for the day: one 5 part, and one 10 part.

Edited on 06/01/2017 at 4:40:42 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 31, 17 6:26 PM
June 1

Game #1
Rare Editions
Studying Luck
Helpful Device
In the Service of the Record Keeper (nope)

Game #2
Another Potion
Robbery of the Century
Helpful Device
Three Days of the Castle Explorer (no way)

Edited on 06/01/2017 at 10:46:53 AM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 31, 17 6:31 PM
I only have one game so my progress is a little different:

May progress

3 part - 16
5 part - 16
10 part - 16 Well isn't that coincidental?!

Updated Achievements

3 part - 207
5 part - 187
10 part - 149

Continued Good Luck everyone! I especially admire those of you DQing more than one game.

Have had an Ogre 13 and now Studying Luck so 2 for 2 no airships. Yay!

Edited on 05/31/2017 at 6:39:40 PM PST

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jun 1, 17 5:21 AM
Progress for May (starting May 26)

3 part completed 6 total 193
5 part completed 7 total 160
10 part completed 5 total 138
Anxious to see a full month of progress.

I have tried something new and I have found it to be helpful. Don't know if it will help others. I am playing puzzles to earn the diamonds to get through the parts quicker. I don't like puzzles in general but if I'm only trying to get the diamonds I'm not as disappointed and I have gotten some premium pieces. I have a stash of diamonds but would be using them faster than I earn them. I especially like to get through 5 part DQ's quicker. Averaging more than 3 per day.

June 30th update

3 part added 24 total 217
5 part added 33 total 193
10 part added 25 total 163

Edited on 06/30/2017 at 8:20:49 AM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jun 1, 17 5:55 AM
Very helpful BAPPLE. I play the puzzles for diamonds then try not to use them except to call back a good airship or reset the dice table if my timing is off (or my patience is thin!).

Go to: