SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Apr 23, 10 8:28 PM
So Sad
So Bad
Every day brings us a new game
Could it be? Nope, even more lame

Can't you see
BFG
No water in the pond; fishies can't breathe
Bring on a new challenge, or fear I'll have to leave

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 24, 10 12:26 AM
amlldr wrote:Please Help?

I can not find the painting for me to use on with my spray bottle.. Can anyone help me..............I have searched.

Thank you in advance.

Hi. Not sure if you've gotten an answer yet. To use your spray bottle, go into the Restoration room and run your cursor over the painting the artist is working on. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 24, 10 12:52 PM
This one was almost painful to play...and thats saying a lot for me. It was so slow, the items so small...the sites were used multiple times for a gazzillion items before you were able to move on. I'm not into dressing characters..that's too much like cutouts that we did in the 50's as kids. I couldn't even play the full hour...and complete sleeper, not worth any money. I did notice that one site..the carriage in front of the museum picture was very familiar..are different games borrowing each others background for Pete's Sake? Borrowing each others items is one thing..though that is plain lazy..but the background?
A definite no buy for me..I'd rather Big Fish try to get a hold of a game called Fiction Fixers...well done, clever but I'm not getting into paypal for 19 bucks...the maker was Fazazo for something like that. Anyway...no way on the obvious copycat of copycat curator.
chris

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Apr 24, 10 4:51 PM
I bought this and played the whole game. It was okay. Not bad, but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend. It was average in every way: average story, average graphics, average hidden objects screens, average puzzles. Again, not bad, but when you consider all of the great games out there, you might want to save your money for one of those.

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 4:54:41 PM PST

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Apr 25, 10 6:03 PM
dlb628 wrote:I bought this and played the whole game. It was okay. Not bad, but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend. It was average in every way: average story, average graphics, average hidden objects screens, average puzzles. Again, not bad, but when you consider all of the great games out there, you might want to save your money for one of those.

Same here!

willows23
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by willows23 on Apr 26, 10 8:44 AM
GradmaSue wrote:I got bored with this one almost from the start...items were hard to see, cursor was jerky, nothing of interest.

Ditto... my thoughts exactly.... It just didn't grab my attention at all. The graphics weren't bad or anything. However, there was nothing there to keep me wondering "what next?". Guess I'm more of a thinker than an observer.... lol

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 28, 10 7:01 PM
Help me out here! This game seems very familiar. Have I played a game very similar to this a long time ago?? This is a serious question. I remember the gown and adding objects to it. Thanks.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Apr 29, 10 4:53 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I found this game a little insulting in its attempt to pander to a female audience. Sure, there's a need for good, empowering games for girls, but this one seems to stereotype women. I can't start solving the mystery until after I find two makeup compacts, a lipstick, and the purple pumps? Really?!? Obviously these are must-haves for any detective, provided that they're female.

I understand that some of the items, like the evening gown and the golden butterfly, are part of the "disguises". I just get a little annoyed when game designers attempt to attract a female audience by adding stereotypical "feminine" things like shoes, purses, cosmetics, and jewelry as essential parts of the game. There are already plenty of dress-up games on the market if that's what appeals to you! There's no need to "girl up" a standard HOG like this in order to attract female players.

Compare this game to the Mystery Club/Amelia Earheart game. The Earheart game is empowering without being demeaning towards women! The Treasure Seekers series is another example of a series of games that are geared towards a female audience and manage to be empowering without being demeaning.

I'm not saying that a game designer simply can't use any mention of makeup, shoes, purses, dresses, or bows without being demeaning to women. I'm just saying, try not to lay it on so thick all in one game! I quit playing in sheer disgust before I was anywhere close to even starting to solve the mystery.

[Post New]by shortansazee on May 2, 10 12:12 PM
well as for myself, I really enjoyed this game. I read others dont care for it, items are to small etc. I am not sure we are playing the same game. I am an avid Hidden Item gamer, and I thought this game was very good. Graphics were excellant, mini games were interesting, and I was very involved the entire hour. I will definitly be buying this one, just to see how it ends. Happy Gaming to all

[Post New]by mspetuniapea on May 2, 10 3:28 PM
I liked the game. It had a lot of the added features, I liked. Did not have much trouble the objects with the ol' glasses on. Only glitched I did not like was the room hopping, so then I had to reply on the walk through to find the right location.
Over all B + game...Mspetuniapea

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 6, 10 9:24 PM
Why is it, that games that I think absolutely suck, like this one, work fine on my computer. But a good game that I really want to play, like Deadtime Stories, just won't?

This is a straight junkpile hog, you have to find endless lists of items, lots of tiny items, at that. The minigames/puzzles are not demanding, and really don't add to the game.Graphics are so-so. The story is soooooo sloooooow, I got so bored I just quit the demo.

Enjoy it, those who do, but it is NOT for me.

rosieroo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosieroo on May 11, 10 9:45 AM
I initially enjoyed it although ,as said before the items are rather small and can be fuzzy.
I got to chapter 3 and gave up, as all I had in my itinery was a flash-drive , although previously I thought the screw-driver I had made in the previous puzzle was there and the hint button just showed the panel to unscrew.
A shame really because I liked it mostly.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 15, 10 10:46 AM
I knew when I stopped playing the demo half way through that there was something about this game that wasn't very appealing. Now I just finished the rest of the demo and other than the encrypted email puzzle, the game is just lack luster. There's no fire, no pizzazz, no sense of urgency to find out what happens next. In other words it's boring.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 20, 10 2:12 AM
dollyflower wrote:Help me out here! This game seems very familiar. Have I played a game very similar to this a long time ago?? This is a serious question. I remember the gown and adding objects to it. Thanks.
Could it be this Mata Hari business, when you are supposed to dress her up ? Anyway got bored trying to find this stupid screw driver in this on one, after clicking almost everywhere, using useless hints which only showed me the panel (which was obvious to find) I just gave up. Not a buy for me. (Mata Hari wasn't one either!)

[Post New]by AngelFishNY on May 21, 10 1:31 AM
very interesting game
the only bad thing in it is graphics... but it's not very bad so - play and enjoy

[Post New]by Meri1852 on May 21, 10 1:41 AM
This is a nice hog game.

gum_nut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gum_nut on May 27, 10 7:23 AM
[b]I really liked this game,just difficult enough to keep me interested,but why oh why do most HOGS have such slack endings!

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on May 28, 10 2:01 PM
I think I would have liked this game a lot more if I hadn't just finished Dire Grove.

This game just seemed very simplistic to me and the door with the guy running into it on the bottom left corner of the screen drove me bananas.

Also, the cursor was very picky in some places. I clicked on something 4 times, knowing that it was the right thing and it didn't register until I apparently found the right pixel.

The inventory bag bugged me too. If you get an inventory item, it opens the inventory window, but then it doesn't seem to close while you continue. Most of the time I had to then click the inventory bag to close it, and that got old after awhile too.

The disguising things were kind of silly. Who says you can't put a hat on before your pants! Who made that rule? From now on I'm going to put a hat on before my pants just for rebellion's sake.

So...I'm kind of "meh" on this game. I wouldn't have spend 6.99 on it if I had known, but maybe it would be worth it for a daily deal.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jun 10, 10 7:48 AM
I don't know why people had problems with the screwdriver. It's greyed out so you have to move the cursor around to get a magnifying glass which is the switchbox and inside there is the screwdriver.

Also the graphics were not too small on my MacBook Pro 17inch and I liked the different kinds of minigames.

Not bad at all. Might get this one.

[Post New]by puddyn01 on Jun 12, 10 12:41 PM
This game is for the birds!! The cursor is too quirky. I hate having to completely close the game to check out the walkthrough only to find that I was doing the right thing (clicking on the rag to clean the footprints on the floor) I just didn't have the cursor in the EXACT miniscule spot!!! I regret buying this game and I would advise ohters to spend their money more wisely!!!

Go to: