Raiding followers

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Re:Raiding followers

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jun 20, 17 4:17 AM
bfgIlinalta;

If we take screenshots of our markets cleaned out by the same players over and over again, and send them to customer service. Do you think they will take this issue more seriously?

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 20, 17 4:20 AM
Unfortunately, there is nothing they could do, try some of the methods mentioned in previous threads.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jun 20, 17 5:01 AM
Bin there done that got the t-shirt.

Finished every goal i set for myself, and pretty much done with this game.
Only, like so many others, filled my market to help out others.
But due to the raiding stopped with doing so.

I was only asking that Question hoping to get a positive answer
so that we all could do something about it for the new players who start this game.

ah well, just thought i give it a try

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,161 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 20, 17 6:51 AM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello Everyone,

It sounds like all of our players prefer their own personal ways of using the market, and that players may have multiple, complex reasons for visiting markets ranging from personally set goals to even helping their own followers out with specific items. My hope is that we can discuss these differences and suggestions about the game without needing to provide any sort of judgment or disrespect towards players, as it's clear that some players use the market to help their own followers with their purchases, which sounds like one of the common goals among players.

bfgIlinalta

We all realize that each player has their own unique approach to the game. When certain players consistently buy every item in a market, it does raise questions. Most of us find it more than a little odd that as long as the items purchased are the "better", more-sought-after, time-consuming-to-make sort, it appears that those players are no longer using those purchases to provide cargo for balloons or complete requests from the villagers. At that point, there is a rather good chance that the goal those players have is to avoid the strategy part of this game while sitting back and getting certain achievements at the expense of others' time, diligence and patience.

At least one of the other "Free To Play" games here at has a system of each player putting up a "Wish List" of things they need and those on their "Friends List" being able to "gift" those items each day. Perhaps Sunken Secrets might benefit from that concept rather than having open markets for anyone to plunder.

Edited on 06/23/2017 at 11:05:51 AM PST

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Jun 20, 17 8:23 AM
Can you tell me what other FTP has this wish list system please? I would like to take a look at it. I am on level 120 now in Sunken Secrets and really fed up of raiders. It has ruined my total gameplay and the times I play. I notice also that friends I have had from way back are also changing their gameplay times. We used to help each other out but now it is getting harder to call on them. Very often I have filled my markets knowing it is their time to come in, only to have it all taken by one person - pure greed. I didn't do it - so why should they? Obviously these raiders don't make too much if they are raiding other islands, is this fun? only for them!

Sorry thistle809 to rant on. It is a great suggestion for wishlists or at least to have a limit on purchases for one person.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,159 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 20, 17 8:36 AM
Melodydame, have PM'd you.

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 20, 17 8:49 AM
Just guessing here could it be MC

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
572 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 20, 17 8:55 AM
Something that might get better results is to PM the mod with your frustrations and suggestions to be passed up the chain, it wouldn't hurt to try anyway.

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 20, 17 9:19 AM
I am still waiting for a reply re helpers list!

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
572 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 20, 17 9:38 AM
One of the reasons why the raiding is getting worse is that the raiders are using the leaderboard to find new victims, I have noticed that one of the worst raiders has found her way into 3 of my friends markets and she is ruthless. I know people like to get the tickets to buy new decor but you may want to consider if it is really worth staying on the board for any longer than it takes to get another notch on the participate in events award.

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Jun 20, 17 9:38 AM
It is a good idea to at least suggest to the DEV's limitations on purchases, it would be very welcome and fairer to all players!

I like to see who has helped too. These lists should be updated.

Guideo
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Guideo on Jun 20, 17 10:25 AM
melodydame wrote:It is a good idea to at least suggest to the DEV's limitations on purchases, it would be very welcome and fairer to all players!

I like to see who has helped too. These lists should be updated.

Thanks Melodydame:

Just what I was thinking ... since if they can put counters on how many Friends we can have, and how many Followers and Helps & Helpers we see, there should be some way of making it so a limited number of purchases can be made in a 24 hour period, or a percentage of one market (50%?) one player can buy in that time. It may be complicated, but worth doing to improve game play.

Hmm?

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
572 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jun 20, 17 10:37 AM
PM the mods with these ideas so that it gets passed up the chain, the Devs do NOT read these threads.

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Jun 22, 17 3:39 PM
I agree all, this is so frustrating. I have a limit of 1000, which was full, and 3 people were raiding my market of 24 baskets at the same time. So to see where it would go or END I kept filling until they finally stopped and I had only 539 items in inventory. I don't think I even looked in the market until the next day. There is one who stops by and buys everything about every other day and I leave their name up and don't refill until the next day. I use to fill 2 or 3 times at least but not any more, unless I'm bored or they don't seem to be harvesting at the time.

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Jun 22, 17 3:48 PM
LadyLavander wrote:I agree all, this is so frustrating. I have a limit of 1000, which was full, and 3 people were raiding my market of 24 baskets at the same time. So to see where it would go or END I kept filling until they finally stopped and I had only 539 items in inventory. I don't think I even looked in the market until the next day. There is one who stops by and buys everything about every other day and I leave their name up and don't refill until the next day. I use to fill 2 or 3 times at least but not any more, unless I'm bored or they don't seem to be harvesting at the time.

Yes it seems it is really spoiling the feel good factor of helping someone in the game. Could I ask you what your in-game name is? Mine is Angel level 120.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,161 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 23, 17 11:18 AM
michsheps - Please accept my sincere apologies and assurances that I am not a market raider.

After doing what I could to load cargo for the balloons and satisfy the requests of villagers, starting the process of manufacturing what I could, I then took a "stroll" along "Marketplace Row" (my Friends List). When I arrived at the market of Queen Maddie, I could only stare in amazement. It looked like she had been peeking over my shoulder as I made a list of what I needed. Without thinking too long, I scooped up five items! Then my brain finally decided to engage and I thought, "Oh, no! Now I'll be the next one branded as a "Market Raider"!

I came racing over here to explain, only to find a message from that maintenance was being done and the page would be available later.

At last, I can offer an explanation for my greedy behavior. Please, forgive me.

Edited on 06/23/2017 at 11:20:17 AM PST

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 23, 17 1:22 PM
thistle809 wrote:michsheps - Please accept my sincere apologies and assurances that I am not a market raider.

After doing what I could to load cargo for the balloons and satisfy the requests of villagers, starting the process of manufacturing what I could, I then took a "stroll" along "Marketplace Row" (my Friends List). When I arrived at the market of Queen Maddie, I could only stare in amazement. It looked like she had been peeking over my shoulder as I made a list of what I needed. Without thinking too long, I scooped up five items! Then my brain finally decided to engage and I thought, "Oh, no! Now I'll be the next one branded as a "Market Raider"!

I came racing over here to explain, only to find a message from that maintenance was being done and the page would be available later.

At last, I can offer an explanation for my greedy behavior. Please, forgive me.

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Jun 23, 17 1:25 PM
Thistle, I know you are not a raider, I have been making stuff all day, people like you are welcome I will be doing the same tomorrow, so look out, just love too help those who are appreciative my first market should go out about 6.00pm gmt not again

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Jun 23, 17 2:38 PM
Don't worry about buying a lot once in awhile, sometimes a market has EVERYTHING I've searching for, of course some only have 6 ~ 8 or less baskets and I DO TRY not to buy more than half at most of the smaller markets,3~6 but once in awhile I've searched my favs, followers and helped at least once and not found what I need. I have 3 raiders that hit me up and clean me out. If you look at the names they are the only ones and on several instances 1 in particular has bought every single basket. I understand that I'm selling etc but GEEEEEEEESSSS why even play if your going to play this way. OK I've vented twice now and will be good and leave it for awhile.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,161 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 23, 17 2:58 PM
LadyLavander, You are priceless!

I have just been hit and one of the players, Kind Mole, who was on my "Following" list is no longer there.

Go to: