Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Thunder and Lightning 's scaverager hunt

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 5, 17 7:42 AM
Thunder and Lightning visited 3 Rocky Road. Right now they are filling up on gumbo. Even thought they saw a crop circle and 7 hearses, the gumbo stand stopped them in their tracks. Ice cream trucks will be next.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 6, 17 3:27 PM
Having trouble visiting other manors. I've been booted out 3 times!

Also having thunder storms so limited play time. So far the lightning has hit everywhere but in town. Keeping my fingers crossed, but would love some of the rain!

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 7, 17 2:57 AM
Sorry about your gremlins rose. Thunder and Lightning visited D is in the house. Plenty of frog legs and eye doctors to be found. Looks like frog leg stew is on the dragons menu today. Oh, 2 straw men hidden in a corner. The menu now includes barbecue frog legs.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 7, 17 1:57 PM
Myst Place has a nice barn yard. There is a scattering of corn plants protected by scarecrows. Right now there seems to be pop corn lying around. Bad dragons, fire breath is no excuse. Thunder and Lightning have gotten out a wheelbarrow and carted the pop corn to a nearby hearse. They are off to the ice cream trucks, Milky Way ice cream was the flavor of the day.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 7, 17 4:55 PM
Bertha and Bolt found 1 hearse and 16 straw men at andy manor.

14 of the men were standing in a row...looks like dominoes to me! That's it Bolt, just push the first one and watch them all fall!

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 8, 17 4:11 PM
36 Lyon Rd has 2 barns, 2 hearses, 2 corn fields and a straw man. There is a really nice maze there. All the dragons are having fun in the maze...hope they all find their way out! (of course they can always fly out)

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 9, 17 5:47 AM
1452 Arnold Ave has a forest of straw men. There looks to be 50 of them. Thunder and Lightning are overjoyed to see so many in one location. Right now they are playing hide and seek.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Aug 9, 17 8:05 AM
Sorry I've been absent, been busy. However, having said that, I still found time to open a new manor. Come and find me if you'd like to. Niagara.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 10, 17 12:43 PM
Abbie - - new manor, will start looking for it. Meanwhile, Thunder and Lightning went to Chateau Bearsejour and found 2 hearses with a nice grave yard. On the way home, the boys stopped at Christmas Town II. There was only one hearse. Better luck on the next visit.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 10, 17 5:29 PM
Glad to hear from you Abbie. Watching for your new manor...no luck so far.

Bolt and Bertha stopped at Stranger Things and found 1 hearse and one corn field.

Remember the days when we all had straw men and corn fields? There's been a lot of redecorating going on in some of the older manors.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 10, 17 5:30 PM
Time to start looking for something different. How about gazebos and something else. Got any ideas?

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Aug 11, 17 3:29 AM
Hi everyone, looking out for you all. How about looking for dogs and their kennels?

I'd forgotten about a lot of the earlier scenes and it's been quite refreshing to redo some of them. Other than that, I've just been redecorating older manors.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 11, 17 6:44 AM
Gazebos, dog house, and jazz statues and walkers. It's concert time.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 11, 17 7:08 AM
Thunder and Lightning went to visit Nothing St. They found at least 9 Fidos. dog and hydrant. They were really looking for a concert with gazebo and jazz men but no luck. Last I knew they were riding the Ferris wheel.

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,448 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 11, 17 7:23 AM
I found Niagara from Anonymous but it immediately disappeared and I couldn't find it from other manors.

This game is a treasure, and after brief intervals you can go back and do everything with renewed interest. Decorating is still interesting, particularly with the latest additions, but unfortunately takes lots of time. Recently I bought 15.4 at La Va, which I'd been avoiding because I didn't like it much, plus the item can be bought. Well, I had a great time and wonder why I didn't like it in the first place.

All HOSs are great, and compared to other games, the way they are designed and played really rocks. I recently played MC which is the most boring game ever, and yet after years it still has an extremely crowded forum, where you get lost in lists upon lists upon lists. Anyway, I was trying to find strategies for playing the HOSs and there appear to be none. As the items change place every time, and with the limited number of modes, all you get is frustration and the feeling you are doing a chore with random results.The only thing is (as they say) that you must keep a steady space in clicking to multiply the score, which is even more annoying and baffling. If anyone has played it and knows better, pls let me know.The only thing I truly envy is the gifting system, where you can send anything, from inventory or buy it, you can state up to 4 preferences and you can also block gifts. How I wish we could have that here, too!

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 11, 17 6:31 PM
Eli, I have not played MC for several years. I opened it up the other day and couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing. I do remember all the lists. Can't say I'll go back...maybe some day when I'm really bored.

Visited Banff Landing and found none of the latest items. Then went to Eli's Little Hellie and found 2 dogs checking out their fire hydrants.

Think I'll start visiting some of my older manors. I know I had place just about everything on the first 3 or four that I did.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Aug 12, 17 7:48 AM
Thunder and Lightning had a busy morning. First they visited 1678 Dark. Manor and found 2 Fidos. Next it was off to Dantes B and B where they found a concert give by the brass men going on at the gazebo . Finally, they stopped at Jodie Jardin where there was a jazz statue, brass men plus Fido. Having had a busy morning, it's nap time for the dragons.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 12, 17 4:06 PM
Bertha and Bolt stopped at 22 elmstreet and did not find any of the things we are looking for...but there were a lot of slot machines! They are asking for an advance on their allowances which means they are loosing all their money!

eli173
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,448 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 13, 17 5:25 AM
Draghi went to Ohello and, surprise, he hound a battle scene with hordes of dogs, but he couldn't count so far, as he had missed lots of math classes in his younger days. I told him this doesn't count anyway, as Ohello is one of our own manors, but he wouldn't listen and insists it does. I went to count them myself and there were 69 on the battlefield in 5 formations of 14, but there were a few stray around as well, so I'm not sure about the total, I think it's 83 or something.There were also a single gazebo and a single jazz statue somewhere. Boy, those statues are small and pale from too much blowing and difficult to locate.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Aug 13, 17 6:00 PM
I visited 244 Batley Ln Second and did not find any of the items (once again). But I did find tons of frog legs which Bertha and Bolt are busy pigging out on and a lot of clowns which are providing entertainment while they eat.

It is ok to visit your own manor. It is more interesting to visit others to see what they are doing. I'm getting frustrated though since no one seems to have much of a variety of thing anymore.

Go to: