Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Samterri on Jul 23, 17 6:49 AM
I'm unable to get the game to load. what can I do?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Samterri on Jul 23, 17 6:50 AM
I'm unable to get the game to load. what can I do?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by olivasjan on Jul 23, 17 3:13 PM
I am running Windows 10. I had the same problem with the game not playing. Changed the resolution and that worked up to a point. Now I am stuck on the Wind Stones. It will not do anything. I can't get out of it. I purchased the game and don't feel that it was worth the money or the frustration. If there is a fix for the Wind Stones, what is next? Also, don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall, I've done that twice.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jul 23, 17 5:17 PM
Same issue with Win10 - game not opening...tried sazoria's suggestion, and it worked fine.

[Post New]by SueDees on Jul 24, 17 10:12 AM
This game will still not open. I am beginning to think it is just DUD. In fairness, This is the only game I have had issue with. Please notify the members if a fix is found.
I really am disappointed that I cannot play that game.
Sue-in ABQ

[Post New]by SherriesMomma on Jul 24, 17 11:51 AM
I almost feel like I'm wasting my time posting here, because most of the times I have, nothing has ever been resolved and I sit with several games that I'm unable to play. Anyway, because of problems previously, I now play the trial game before I consider buying. I played this game successfully for almost the entire 60 minutes and really enjoyed it. Then I purchased it. Within an hour, I tried to continue on with the game, but when I open it, I just get a white screen no matter what I've tried. How can a game work just fine and then when purchased, suddenly doesn't?? There is no reason for me to ry any of the setting changes suggested since it worked just fine for almost an hour. I am on a brand new iMac with the latest operating system. Not sure what the worth of the half price specials are when you can't play one of them.

[Post New]by olivasjan on Jul 24, 17 2:44 PM
Help!!! The game is stuck on the Wind Stones. I cannot not point them in the direction of where I want them to blow and I can't get off that screen. I have to manually shut down the game so I can quit it. I have uninstalled it twice and it keeps going back to the Wind Stones. I bought this game and don't like losing money.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by chollaboy on Jul 24, 17 4:27 PM
So many players with the same issue. My game will not play after download. I have uninstalled/re-installed the game, BF game manager ad nauseum. I think it would be good for BF to issue a refund or let us pick another game. Take this game offline until it can be fixed.
Using a PC laptop Win/10, the usual.
Thank you
Additional note 7/26/17
I used the change resolution work around. It worked. Will BFG provide discounts to those who payed for a working game? I doubt it. I am most disappointed that this game got released with so many bugs.

Edited on 07/26/2017 at 7:47:35 AM PST

Bunny1419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bunny1419 on Jul 28, 17 9:08 AM
I have to start from applications instead of biggish games manager. But now I am stuck at Felix's castle as the castle key is no where to be found and I can't make the fuel potion to raise the ballon.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by welshcath on Jul 30, 17 3:56 AM
sazoria wrote:This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.
Good luck,
Sazoria.

This worked for me .... Thank you

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by katbear50 on Aug 3, 17 11:40 AM
Bandini wrote:
tamsjmb wrote:the game will not open so it can be played. Just get nothing but my desktop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times , shut down entire system still nothing. Any help for this. I can play other games fine on Windows 10 but not this one.

I have been having the same problem. I have shut down and restarted my computer so many times today I can't even count. I also have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled to many times to count. I think this game is broke. I bought the game without the trial mainly due to never having this problem.

Hope you all come up with a fix soon or I want my money back.

Same Here, either does not respond at all, or states I still need to Activate the Game. I have already managed to play most of the Main Game, but Door seems to be Slammed Shut Now!
Dell Inspiron running Win. 10.

Receiving Error Code 809 (possible programs running in background). Bif Fish Help states, clear any running apps. Did the C/A/D thing, there are none.

Edited on 08/03/2017 at 1:24:04 PM PST

[Post New]by degal1 on Aug 5, 17 7:44 PM
I'm using Windows 10. It will load if you reduce the resolution. Not thrilled with the game after 3 days of trying to load it & 15 minutes of play. Kind of sorry I bought it. I'm disappointed with the whole thing so far.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Aug 8, 17 7:00 AM
I am using Windows 10 . Had no problems loading and playing the game. Its just so frustrating waiting for the screen to load at every click!!! This is not the first game in this series that this is happening. It needs to be sorted out with the makers. Not that this would be any good saying, cos nothing seems to be done. Makes the game boring.... I forced myself to finish.

Edited on 08/08/2017 at 7:01:27 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 8, 17 10:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear this game isn't working and want to offer some troubleshooting suggestions.

If the game won't load and your computer has Windows 10, we've found that lowering the screen resolution can sometimes fix this issue. I've included the instructions below.

1. From your desktop, right-click and select Display Settings.
2. Select the Advanced display settings option at the bottom of the menu.
3. Change your screen resolution to a lower setting and click Apply.
4. Try playing your game again.

For other players, please try updating the computer's video card driver and running the game with administrator permissions. Those instructions can be found in the help pages below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If those suggestions don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/08/2017 at 11:09:40 AM PST

[Post New]by stormy77 on Aug 16, 17 10:28 AM
I loaded the game, pushed play and then it came up with play again, you own this game. When I tried nothing happened. Don't know what to try.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 16, 17 3:46 PM
@stormy77
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lingerda on Aug 29, 17 2:50 AM
Have played the game but will not open again downloaded again but will not open??
Windows 10

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Sep 9, 17 8:03 AM
bfgIlinalta wrote:
I'm seeing some Mac players are reporting that the game minimizes to the tray upon starting the game. Mac players seeing the game minimize to the tray after loading the game should be able to click on that tray item to restore the game to the screen and continue playing the game without trouble. If you're unable to get the game to appear or play after clicking the tray icon for the game, the following steps may be able to help get the game to run as expected:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116928">Mac Game Troubleshooting</a>

No, the game does not open when I click on the icon in the Dock.
The troubleshooting link gave me the idea to update my Flash. After that the opening of the game works (for now), but when exiting the game the icon still is in the Dock and I have to close the game from there.
Problem was/is with Mac Sierra 10.12.4, 5, 6 at least.

I'm wondering why this is an ongoing issue with several games in this series that cannot be resolved by the devs. Gets reported over and over again, but we all still write and click and change settings and install. This is not a customer's job.
And who needs Flash anymore? I usually don't.

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 8:03:48 AM PST

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witche's Legacy: Covered by the Night Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by daggy_k on Sep 10, 17 3:19 AM
daggy_k wrote:
No, the game does not open when I click on the icon in the Dock.
The troubleshooting link gave me the idea to update my Flash. After that the opening of the game works (for now), [...]

It didn't last ...
Today, when opening the game, it slips to the Dock again and won't come out.
I'm just lucky that it always works at the second try, after closing the first attempt via the icon in the Dock.

And, as someone wrote already, the perpetual 'loading' before even the slightest change of scene is getting on my nerves by now, too.

BSJZ
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by BSJZ on Sep 11, 17 5:59 PM
I am in 3rd section and wiped out the green light with the charcoal and don't know how to get it back.

Go to: