Re:Your Comments and Review for Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure

[Post New]by bobsey911 on May 11, 10 12:29 AM
i thought the game was way to easy and weak in placesi finished it in a day

[Post New]by Robinred on May 11, 10 8:17 AM
I liked the game O.K. but hated the end on the beach just as the thief is being found the game shuts down & starts over.

[Post New]by granmaimx2 on May 12, 10 8:00 PM
Need to know how to get into the bushes on Barbados. What do I used to cut the bushes with?

[Post New]by granmaimx2 on May 13, 10 11:07 AM
All you folks who have finished already.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I get rid of the bushes on Barbados.

[Post New]by ceacie on May 14, 10 2:30 PM
Am rapidly losing patience with this game as I cannot place the forth red gem in the tiara. I feel I wasted my money on this one.

[Post New]by libragirl44 on May 14, 10 6:26 PM
Barbados Beach: clear the bushes for the last banana with a machete
on the 4th tree from the right.

Thanks for clue from another player. I was going nuts!

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

What's up the the lousy ending?

[Post New]by halfadime7 on May 17, 10 1:37 PM
I've read all the posts and agree with most of them, pro and con. Great graphics, but some items are a little hard to find because there's no help for them. The spinning compass can be both annoying and also helpful, so I don't pass judgment on it. I don't even turn the music on because i run streaming radio while playing unless there is dialog. BUT the most frustrating part was the drop off ending.

You're standing on the beach talking to the subject (ready to arrest him) and he tells you that he's just a playboy jet-setter loving life and then the whole thing shuts down!!!! ?????? WHAT? No arrest? What happened with the "other" interesting guy? Please, that's just not fair play.

Is this the creator's way of making you hang for a sequel? Well, I don't think so. This is NOT acceptable. Cheap tricks, shame on you.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 17, 10 1:44 PM
This game is very well done. The problem is me. It just doesn't grab me. I think I've played too many of the same type of game and am just burned out right now. I'm going to set this one on the back burner and think about it. Games like Deadtime Stories, that's what I'm looking for... the WOW factor. No thought of should I get it or shouldn't I get it... I just know I have to have it! So, no go for this one.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on May 22, 10 6:20 PM
I liked the scenery. The game was pretty boring, and the characters were not interesting. They could have done so much more to make this a good game.

thumperroo
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by thumperroo on May 22, 10 6:57 PM
have to say that i was pretty stupid getting this game before trying, might be a good game if i could turn the ditsy girl off. just played ten minutes and couldn't take it anymore. even if it has a good ending, its spoiled for me as i will not play it any farther! game play looked good, graphics good! to bad they ruined it by putting that air head character in it!

[Post New]by mildred4301 on May 26, 10 10:51 AM
I have reched the part where all the wires are connected to a part ,cant get out of this as the continue button is invisible. No hint as to what I did wrong, in order to get out of this place I have to close out the game. Having many problems with big fish games. I think this is called lack of care on the sellers part in not checking out these games before they are sold. Maybe I will find another game seller

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on May 28, 10 11:58 AM
This is just too easy! I don't find this game challenging, there's easy to find objects and the few add to objects are also not difficult to find, plus you get unlimited recharge hints, this isn't a bad game, its just very boring, I feel as if I was playing along without any real stimulation, and it just became boring. I played most of the demo but never had any interesting changes and the game nearly put me to sleep. Would be a great starter hidden object for children.

[Post New]by darlene1021 on May 29, 10 9:56 AM
The game generally is not bad. However I'm at a point where I cannot fine one object. I've tried several times without success. WHERE IS THE KEY? iT SHOULD NOT BE CAMOUFLAGED SO WELL. i CAN'T FIND THE KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The clue compass is not user friendly.

Darlene 1021

Slowglass
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Slowglass on May 31, 10 4:36 AM
darlene1021 wrote:The game generally is not bad. However I'm at a point where I cannot fine one object. I've tried several times without success. WHERE IS THE KEY? iT SHOULD NOT BE CAMOUFLAGED SO WELL. i CAN'T FIND THE KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The clue compass is not user friendly.

Darlene 1021

Darlene -- assuming you're at the underwater scene where you need a key to open the strongbox, the key is in the bottle. You'll need to break the bottle with a stick...it's masquerading as a bow rail on the shipwreck. If this is the wrong scene or TMI, apologies.

Slowglass
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Review of Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure: One Opinion. Casual Gamer, Windows7

[Post New]by Slowglass on May 31, 10 11:33 PM
This was a pretty good game for me, overall. The instructions and helps were not the clearest in the world, but the forums here helped with several aspects of that. I would put it somewhere in the easy to moderate range of HOGs and, while it has a storyline, and there are rooms in which you need to "find and use A in order to find and dispose of B," for instance it's still pretty straightforward.

Pros: Clear graphics; scenes and storyline are lighter in all regards than many of the currently popular HOGs. Refreshing. Storyline, while thin, is enough to move you to many different locations, both on the cruise ship and off. Hint compass worked well once I learned to ignore most of its whirling and red phases and just clicked on it when I actually needed a hint and when it was charged up enough to show green around the case edge upon mouse hover. There were clear instructions on how to rotate the puzzle, map, etc pieces, in the minigames, so that wasn't a problem, albeit a little odd. Story reached a conclusion, although it could have gone on for a few more island locations, and I wouldn't have minded at all. I liked that the game is untimed.

Cons: Cannot skip over the minigames. Also no way to tell how far along in the path of the game you are...at least not that I could tell. If you are well into a 'stage' and have to leave...you're probably going to have to restart that entire stage...and the list of hidden objects will have changed, hehe. Some of the hidden objects are really really small and....a 'marrow' turned out to be something that looked like a cross between an eggplant and a watermelon. I had to go 'look it up' out of curiousity and yep, there's a marrow squash, sure enough. I was about at the head banging point there, alas. Likewise on a deck where I had clicked repeatedly on a piece of 'jewelry' to no avail -- then used a hint and voila! clicking in the same place then produced reward. Perhaps a minor glitch there? Music was something like island/cruise/Muzak. If you don't like it, turn it down -- at least you won't be missing any voiceovers or other audible clues.

Conclusion: This was a pretty relaxing, decently rendered, Carribean cruise/jewel heist HOG. Sometimes you might have to go out on your own deck to get some fresh air and find that relaxing part!

Cocoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Cocoban on Jun 5, 10 5:05 PM
Trixie62 wrote:How do i get the key to open the stolen jewels box in the underwater scene. there is a box that you need a key to open and a bottle with barnicles on it. what do i do????

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 6, 10 4:32 PM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

This one was ok, but not really outstanding to me - probably because it was pretty much a straight HOG and I prefer iHOGs (or better yet, iHOG/adventures).

Having said that, I must admit I liked the fact that: 1.) the HOG scenes were just busy scenes with items that were usually fairly realistic in size (no gigantic lipsticks and miniature refrigerators) rather than junkpiles 2.) the hint system appeared to be unlimited and the refill time was reasonable. 3.) the minipuzzles were easy enough to give you a change of pace but not keep you sitting there twiddling your thumbs wondering if you'd ever be able to figure them. 4.) the storyline was fairly cohesive and mildly interesting. In fact the only major objection I had with the game --- other than the fact that it wasn't an iHOG --- was the fact that the print for the item lists was extremely small and hard to read.

So if you like straight HOGs and have a magnifying glass handy, I'd say demo this one and see what you think of it. You just might find you enjoy tracking down that thief.

[Post New]by posh371 on Jun 7, 10 7:43 AM
Hi can anyone help just downloaded this game but it is not letting me click on anything i have deleted it and reinstalled but still having problems .

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

What's up the the lousy ending?

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 14, 10 12:25 PM
halfadime7 wrote:I've read all the posts and agree with most of them, pro and con. Great graphics, but some items are a little hard to find because there's no help for them. The spinning compass can be both annoying and also helpful, so I don't pass judgment on it. I don't even turn the music on because i run streaming radio while playing unless there is dialog. BUT the most frustrating part was the drop off ending.

You're standing on the beach talking to the subject (ready to arrest him) and he tells you that he's just a playboy jet-setter loving life and then the whole thing shuts down!!!! ?????? WHAT? No arrest? What happened with the "other" interesting guy? Please, that's just not fair play.

Is this the creator's way of making you hang for a sequel? Well, I don't think so. This is NOT acceptable. Cheap tricks, shame on you.

Totally agree. What a lame ending. Actually there is none. Have no idea what the developers were going for, but they really missed. Really took me off guard, because of no closure......

[Post New]by geniewoman on Jun 17, 10 9:59 AM
the jeweled crown is a pain. The pieces don't match up and I am stuck on it. Any clues ?

Go to: