9lady_di
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 9lady_di on Aug 19, 17 11:21 AM
I have updated my drivers and downloaded the update to this game but I am still unable to get back to the desk for the buttons to finish the game.

cnagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Still No Updates.

[Post New]by cnagirl on Aug 19, 17 2:18 PM
This is the 19th, and cannot find a update. Where is it. It was supposed to be ready( you guys said) the 18th. Still reads no updates available. I give up on Fish!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 19, 17 3:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you again for your continued patience. It sounds like the update hasn't appeared for some of you and that downloading it hasn't helped others. I would recommend whose whose game is still experiencing some difficulties to contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide more help and will also, along with the Moderation Team, pass this information along to the appropriate people.

I'm really sorry there's still trouble, and I truly appreciate your patience. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator with questions or concerns. We'll be glad to listen.

bfgBeruna

KeishaJL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KeishaJL on Aug 19, 17 8:36 PM
I received an update after I had finished the game. I didn't have trouble finishing it before the patch. However, I've now finished the bonus game and in the section with the banker's house window area, the symbols didn't show up to click them. I managed to keep clicking until it worked but it was a bit annoying. Also on the very last scene, behind Lenore is my very last feather and it would NOT allow me to click it until the cut scene and then it went from one to another without being able to click it...ever. 65 out of 66 feathers is a bit infuriating as I did find it but wasn't allowed to click it. Otherwise I loved the game.

[Post New]by callaghan21 on Aug 21, 17 12:18 PM
Updated version. Deleted game. Re-installed game. Still stuck. Still can't retrieve the buttons to continue this game. HELP!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 21, 17 2:15 PM
@callaghan21
Sometimes when you install an update to fix issues with a game, you then have to start again with a new profile.
When you uninstall and reinstall a game after an update, your previously saved game is still remembered so that you can continue to play it after you reinstall.
As you can't always re-programme a game that is in the middle of being played, sometimes the only way for the update to take affect is for you to restart with a fresh profile and delete the old one, otherwise you will just continue with the old, glitchy game.
This is not the case for every game.

Edited on 08/22/2017 at 9:17:40 AM PST

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Aug 22, 17 7:24 AM
update with the batch. uninstalled and downloaded again. Still can't get to buttons.

[Post New]by callaghan21 on Aug 22, 17 12:52 PM
@sazoria
thanks I'll give it a try with a new profile

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 24, 17 10:20 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to swim by real fast to follow up on the issues reported here. The recent update has been able to help players who were stuck get back to progressing through the game, but it sounds like it may not be doing that for some of our players. I'm sorry to hear this is happening and want to provide some suggestions to get back to playing.

Since it sounds like some players are reporting that even after the update they are unable to get the buttons, I recommend starting a new profile for progress in the game, which should definitely resolve the issue and allow players to continue past that point.

If those buttons are still unable to be collected even after starting a new profile, then we'd definitely like to investigate further into why this may be the case. What I recommend in that case is to contact our Technical Support Team with details of what has occurred. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

KeishaJL, I'm sorry to hear that has happened in the bonus game and also during that last scene with the feather. I'm glad to hear you were able to get past those points. As for that last feather, I'm not sure why that has happened, and will be sure to let the teams behind the game know what you experienced. If you happen to replay the game to try to collect that feather, what I recommend is trying to run the game as an Administrator, which may help clear up the issue with being unable to click that feather when it is available to find. If you'd like to try those steps, they are below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you would like additional assistance or are seeing more technical issues, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team above.

Thank you all for your patience and for taking the time to let us know your experiences with the game and recent update. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MysticPhoenix on Aug 26, 17 4:51 AM
I figured out what was wrong I had to update my PC's graphic's card to make it work

MysticPhoenix wrote:I have downloaded this game yesterday, I have all the other games in this series and would love to play the newest one but for some reason once the download and installation is complete I click on the 'play now;' button to play the free trail; it gives me an error message "Can't create a GL Rendering context" then when I click 'ok' button or even x out on the message box my screen goes black and a I get a new error message that reads "Error: access violation at 0x0077F7BE (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated." then when I click the 'ok' button or even if I x out it closes out on me and goes back to my home screen.

Really wish I could play the free trail, I did a full system scan on my PC and it's fine and I uninstalled the game and downloaded and installed it again and the same thing happens, I don't know what is wrong.

[Post New]by Artbook on Aug 27, 17 12:56 AM
I can not go back to the table to collect the buttons. I noticed there are a few more players with the same problem. I have paid for the game and now can not finish it and probably have to delete it. I am not happy at all with Big Fish.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 27, 17 9:25 AM
@Artbook
Have you got the latest update for this game?
it's supposed to fix the buttons problem.

If you install the latest update and it still doesn't work with the buttons issue, then you may have to start a new profile and replay in order for the update to take affect, as is happening with some people.

Edited on 08/27/2017 at 9:28:20 AM PST

[Post New]by itsjustme87 on Jan 2, 18 6:03 AM
MAC, macOS High Sierra

I am unable to even open the game. Every time I click on it, the icon just flashes and I get a message: The game.... has quit unexpectedly. I went through the steps - updating flash, etc., but the issue remains...

Go to: