Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by catsgranny on Aug 23, 17 5:56 PM
Same issue with the clicking on the tree crashing the game. Will contact Tech Support. They have always been great about helping with tech problems in the past.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Aug 23, 17 7:38 PM
JanSimmo wrote:Okay, help really needed now before this computer goes flying out the window !!! I am still getting "runtime error" on this game. I've collected the apple, horse charm and rag. Completed the puzzle to get the bridle, have put bridle on horse and collected the bits from the saddle bag. I've put the hook on the rope and lowered it into the well....now I need to collect the pitch from the tree with the rag BUT it won't let me return to the tree as the game stops with the error.....aghhhhh. Big Fish games are usually reliable and of a certain standard, please don't change now, if not fixable any chance of a refund on this game which I cannot play. HELP......

Having the same issue as everyone else. I've done the exact same steps as the player above, and cannot click back on the tree without a runtime error. Like many other players, I spend a lot of money on these games. And sometimes there is never a fix for games with glitches. I want my money back.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Sullylaw on Aug 23, 17 9:50 PM
Same for me at the tree. I am running on a MacBook Pro and have contacted both Big Fish and Apple. No response yet.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 23, 17 11:20 PM
Hi Sullylaw

I also contacted Big Fish and got no reply either. I found doing a Felix report very difficult this time,did you do one? It was never that hard before and think I did it. But normally you get an automatic response which makes me think I didn't get it right.
Big Fish are very fair and after doing a Felix report I have always got an apology and refund.

Hope they fix this soon.

Linda

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Aug 24, 17 12:48 AM
Me again

Sorry I did get a response asking for my ID but could not find it anywhere. I will try again.

Linda

[Post New]by rix044 on Aug 24, 17 6:28 AM
I think it's a high time the run time error for this game is fixed! I return to the tree to get the sap for the torch and even if I do not attach the hook to the chain on the well I get the runtime error. Am trully fed up that after so many complaints nothing has been done except telling us to look up help. I want a refund. I will buy this game once it's fixed.

middlered
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by middlered on Aug 24, 17 7:57 AM
I have the same error at the tree as MANY OTHERS!!!! Where is the UPDATE???? Dell Inspiron Windows 10

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Aug 24, 17 8:04 AM
Run time error @ tree trying to get the sap, Windows 10. Looking forward to a fix! Thank you!

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Aug 24, 17 9:27 AM
Still no word about what is obviously a programming error at the well on this game. It's been clear for 5 days. And I just checked your site and found that you're still selling the game with no disclosure of the defect. In fact, it's billed as your #8 "most popular" Mac Hidden Object Game when 67 of us (at last count and growing) have told you it's unplayable. Continuing to receive income on a defective product removes any incentive for the developer to fix it. When are we going to get a fix???

[Post New]by zizzela on Aug 24, 17 9:53 AM
fevis1 wrote:the game crashes when I go to the tree near the well with the horse after I attached the hook to the chain and throw it in. I get a runtime error. I use a PC with Windows 10

[Post New]by Ligeia on Aug 24, 17 1:34 PM
same issue as everyone else ...crashing at well ...windows 10

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mikem38 on Aug 24, 17 5:45 PM
I am getting the same run time error at the tree, and I hope an update comes out very soon. I enjoy playing these games, but it is no fun when you can't go any further because of a glitch.
I hope that in the future the people at Bigfish have a talk with these game developers about the way they are putting these games together. Bigfish should also consider starting their own testing lab, to make sure that any and all games work perfectly before any one buys them.
P.S. I am playing this game on a Windows ProBook with Windows 10 and all drivers are up to date.

Edited on 08/24/2017 at 5:47:08 PM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 24, 17 8:14 PM
Just wanted to say that I didn't experience a glitch, but I avoided doing anything in the well area until I had done all the other things in the scene, and then I picked up the bridle, finished other stuff and then finally attached hook to rope when everything else was done, so I don't know if I didn't have the glitch or if I just managed to avoid it.
Any way good luck to those who can't progress.

Samsung PC-Windows 7

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Snippycat on Aug 24, 17 11:15 PM
I'm getting the same runtime error on the tree. It's in Chapter 3, at the bottom of page 18 in the strategy guide.

I almost followed all the steps on page 18 in the SG, up until it says, "Select C" in the next to last line of instructions...with the exception of playing the apple pair game before it says to do it in the SG. I did receive the apple, then fed it to the horse and received the horseshoe. A bridle outline appeared. I clicked the well again...nothing to do or pick up, the back wall section...nothing to do or pick up, then the tree and that's when I get the error. I haven't yet put a hook on the chain at the well, or lit it up.

Each time I click the tree now I get the same error, regardless of where I went in the game, or what I tried to do...there is nothing to do right now since I can't collect the pitch from the tree. I don't get the error when clicking anywhere else in the game, just the tree.

Currently in my inventory, magnet that needs a part, raw coffee beans, 1 rune (of 2), torch that needs parts, nippers part, rag, axe blade that needs parts, horseshoe.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit on a PC. All my drivers are up to date. I still get the runtime error when running as administrator, except I can hear the background noise and music with a black screen, unlike running as player with no sound and a black screen. Not an improvement.

Edited on 08/25/2017 at 5:03:13 PM PST

[Post New]by Flower4u on Aug 25, 17 12:51 AM
I have reached the well and played the game on the back wall so got the harness for the horse. But when I go back to the tree to see what more is there it freeze's.I have reloaded and got one more step then freeze again.I was enjoying this game but now just plain mad!!

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by zizzela on Aug 25, 17 5:32 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

I crasch in the game when I point on the tree in the square with the horse. I have window 10 and have bought the game. If it not been fixed I really will have my money back. Cecilia

[Post New]by Ligeia on Aug 25, 17 8:16 AM
Would be nice to at least get an acknowledgement from big fish that they are working on this issue .. with this silence it just shows disrespect for the costumer !

[Post New]by jkbedell on Aug 25, 17 8:46 AM
I am having the same issue as many other postings. I'm getting a runtime error in the scene with the horse and the well. Doesn't seem to matter whether I click on the horse or the tree. Still freezes the game and displays the error window.

[Post New]by nyterae58 on Aug 25, 17 11:26 AM
How long is it going to take BF to fix this game it is a RUNTIME error. It is happening at the horse and the tree. Most people have windows 10 but it seems to be happening on any windows. It has never taken this long and this many people to complain to get a game fixed. I'm very disappointed in BF. It seems the quality of games is going down hill. I too am having the same problem as the other people in this form.

I usually don't post problems but I too have tried everything you say to try and fix it. Seems the people that made the game should get to fixing this game. I have really slowed down in purchasing games from BF because the lack of quality.

Thank you

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Aug 26, 17 1:16 AM
I am very disappointed at the lack of ANY kind of response from Big Fish or the creators of this game. So very many of us have reported the very same problem with the runtime error.

It is a little surprising that we seem to be being ignored.

Naomi Sullivan

Go to: