A Final Goodbye to Apollo

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,132 Posts

Re:A Final Goodbye to Apollo

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 3, 17 4:35 PM
I haven't been on the forums for a couple of days. Apollo was a Special Event buddy of mine. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.

My condolences to everyone who knew her, whether through the game or personally. And to her family and friends outside of Midnight Castle!

And I'm not including my signature sign off. Instead, I'm glad all of us had fun stormin' the castle with Apollo.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,708 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 3, 17 6:11 PM
Shocked, devastated, and at a loss for words. You were a larger than life presence here in the MC community.
Apollo, we first felt the blow when you "went silent" in the forum.
And now this. Love and hugs to you, my on-again, off-again friend.

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
546 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Sep 4, 17 1:07 AM
I am very sad to hear of her passing . She had been here for so many years and was such a helpful and kind person!! Prayers for her family.

Sue (Suenamie)

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Sep 4, 17 5:09 AM
I have been away for the weekend and have just read this sad news. Apollo was one of my first ever forum friends at the very beginning of our MC journey and I am devastated at her loss. I cherish the memories of all her help and encouragement to me and so many others.
May I also take this opportunity to send warm wishes to all the old timers in our community. I cherish every one of you.

Kindest regards to all

Babs (Bee zz)

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,369 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Sep 4, 17 5:25 AM
So very very sad

So go on storming the heavenly castle Apollo

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,032 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 4, 17 9:10 AM
My deepest sympathies & condolences to all of Robyn's family & friends everywhere.
I'm devastated to learn she is gone - she has been so amazing & helped so many of us so very much. The world is a poorer place without her.

RIP Robyn.

PS. I'm so very grateful to know Shadow already has a new person to love & protect. Thank you for letting us know.

gripes
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Sep 4, 17 10:06 AM
Rest In Peace Robyn/Apollo

I am always at a loss for words when a Life has Passed On...
RIP

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 6, 17 5:29 AM
I was so very sorry to hear the news of Apollo's passing.
She is a legend to many of us and her memory will be carried forward.
My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Elsa

I waited for a bit before posting to bring the thread back to the fore

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 6, 17 9:02 AM
Hi there,

The Moderation Team's thoughts are with the family and friends of apollogold. It is very heartwarming to see that the Midnight Castle community is so supportive of users within the forum. While we understand that users may want to know more details regarding services, please keep in mind that outside links aren't allowed in the forums due to the Forum Rules. Users are more than welcome to reach out through the private messaging system with these specific details.

Thank you everyone for your patience, understanding, and support of users within the forums. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me or any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,812 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 6, 17 11:21 AM
bfgBellerophon,
Thank you for your kind words this means a lot to us
Randy

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,486 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 6, 17 11:59 AM
eastendteddy wrote:bfgBellerophon,
Thank you for your kind words this means a lot to us
Randy

I second that wholeheartedly.
This is a precious and meaningful Forum for all of us

Alan

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,180 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 6, 17 1:24 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

Robyn has been with the game and this forum from the beginning. Her work has made it easier for tens of thousands of players in this game. She has been a resource and friend to so many here. [Removed by Moderator] All I ask is a day to be able to save the messages from her true friends and those who are hurting at this time.
Rose

Edited on 09/06/2017 at 1:59:02 PM PST

ElliG
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ElliG on Sep 6, 17 1:31 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

Robyn has been with the game and this forum from the beginning. Her work has made it easier for tens of thousands of players in this game. She has been a resource and friend to so many here. [Removed by Moderator] All I ask is a day to be able to save the messages from her true friends and those who are hurting at this time.
Rose

Edited on 09/06/2017 at 2:27:28 PM PST

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
544 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Sep 6, 17 1:32 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

Rose

I wholeheartedly agree

Edited on 09/06/2017 at 2:34:32 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Sep 6, 17 1:45 PM
This wasn't a question of someone breaking the rules and needing to be reminded not to do that.

She didn't make a mistake in posting...she died! Robyn's gone forever and leaving a final tribute for her family was our last act as a friend and fellow MCer.

Rules are bent here all the time for some. Why not this time as a final sign of respect for someone who contributed as much as she has to the game and the forum?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 6, 17 2:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and help clarify the responses to the latest moderator post in this thread. As stated previously, the Moderation Team's thoughts are with the family of apollogold. The Midnight Castle forum has indeed lost a tremendous person and we know that the community is grieving at this time. Please keep in mind that while we understand users will want to know more details regarding any way to reach out to the family directly, outside links aren't allowed in the forums. This is to help maintain the security of the forums and to adhere to the Forum Rules as this is a public forum. Since this is a public forum, we want to help ensure that the security of the self-identifying information is kept safe. The Midnight Castle community is more than welcome to reach out to users that have this information directly to help ensure that the messages for apollogold are sincere, from the heart, and not from users that may frequent the forums with spam posts.

I hope this helps clarify. Please also keep in mind the specific Forum Rules when posting:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 6, 17 2:18 PM
We will continue to ask that players be respectful of others in the forums and not comment or discuss moderator actions. This will help ensure that the forums are open to everyone who would like to participate. If you have any questions or would like more clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to provide assistance and clarification where we can.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. It is recommended to continue your messages to apollogold in this thread as we will look to ways to provide this to the family.

bfgBellerophon

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,004 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 6, 17 2:19 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:This wasn't a question of someone breaking the rules and needing to be reminded not to do that.

She didn't make a mistake in posting...she died! Robyn's gone forever and leaving a final tribute for her family was our last act as a friend and fellow MCer.

Rules are bent here all the time for some. Why not this time as a final sign of respect for someone who contributed as much as she has to the game and the forum? [/quote

This may well be the last post of several long time forum posters who agree with RosieBVT, & whitebutterfly54.

We had been wondering why nothing had been said from the mods when so many other threads had had words of sympathy posted early on in the thread. For those of us grieving the loss of a dear friend it was like a slap in the face

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,193 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Sep 6, 17 2:20 PM
I was one of the many MC'ers who posted our condolences on the funeral home's website, to the friends and family of Robyn. I know that many of us have her in our games, especially for the special events as well as a friend. I know of 3 of her game names, for those who need to know. Apollo (currently showing as Apo....), Shadow in the Castle, and Dire Wolf. If you know of other game names, please post them here.

I wish that everyone could express their feelings about a long time player's death, without wondering if they will offend someone. It should not offend anyone to thank someone who has contributed so much to this game and forum. Thank you very much Robyn for all your contributions that have helped so many.

AuntieRoo
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,167 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 6, 17 2:28 PM
If anyone needs the name & reference for the funeral home please PM me.

Go to: