Thoughts from Florida

Re:Thoughts from Florida

[Post New]by susanlnels on Sep 10, 17 4:17 PM
I put hug parenthesis around the word hurricane on my avatar and a friend was concerned if I was in the hurricane zone. There are so many caring people here . I'm in California so I am good. Not feeling totally safe with all the North Korea threats .

I have been so worried for all the MC people who are affected by IRMA and were affected by HARVEY.

I'm really glad to read updates on here and continue to pray for those affected!!

Sue (Suenamie)

Myhashen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Sep 10, 17 6:18 PM
Sue, I feel the same way about caring for people in danger even if I am not. I have family and friends in Florida, including one of my daughter's maids of honor (she had to have 2 - she couldn't give up either of them as MOH), and I feel so concerned about all of those people in Florida - not just family and friends. My daughter now lives in Dallas, and she has family (on her husband's side) in Houston who evacuated to Dallas to escape the hurricane that hit there. It has been a couple of weeks of anxiety about loved ones. Hope and pray that this is the worst that will happen to the U.S. for a while. Hoping and praying that everyone will be safe. ShaSha

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Sep 11, 17 11:06 AM
Sigh of relief! I heard from my real life friends in Bradenton, Sarasota, Ft. Lauderdale, and Orlando and miraculously they all made it through barely scathed at all! Only one friend's in-laws lost power in Orlando. No flooding for any of them.

I hope it works out as well for all the MC friends and their families!

Anxiously waiting to hear.........

Ada

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,102 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 11, 17 11:19 AM
I have full confidence that TiramaSue rode out the storm ok. Many areas lost power in that region and some areas may take a week to have it restored.

While I know she's ok (gut feeling). I will be elated when her AND all our other Floridians begin checking in.

BAPPLE
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Sep 11, 17 11:38 AM
silver_hawk wrote:I have full confidence that TiramaSue rode out the storm ok. Many areas lost power in that region and some areas may take a week to have it restored.

While I know she's ok (gut feeling). I will be elated when her AND all our other Floridians begin checking in.

I agree. Just recorded DQ progress hoping to see a post from her. I hope everyone is safe and power is restored soon.

I have one friend from my area (Independence, Missouri) who is in Tampa. Finally heard from her this morning...safe and hopes to be home Wednesday.

Edited on 09/11/2017 at 11:44:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Sep 11, 17 11:39 AM
silver_hawk wrote:I have full confidence that TiramaSue rode out the storm ok. Many areas lost power in that region and some areas may take a week to have it restored.

Me too!

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,040 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Sep 11, 17 12:27 PM
Thanks again for the kind thoughts for Florida and all the other states impacted by Irma. Dad is safe. His house came through the hurricane eyewall without any apparent damage. He has power and water. We are very blessed.

My numerous Florida friends are OK except for some without power.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,102 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 11, 17 1:17 PM
mdpetdoc wrote:Thanks again for the kind thoughts for Florida and all the other states impacted by Irma. Dad is safe. His house came through the hurricane eyewall without any apparent damage. He has power and water. We are very blessed.

My numerous Florida friends are OK except for some without power.

Thanks for the update . Great to hear he is ok!

I'm certain the past couple of days have been stressful. Time to take a big sigh of relief.

ds1624
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by ds1624 on Sep 11, 17 3:34 PM
ds1624 wrote:Living in the center of the state of FL, we are not sure of just how Irma will impact us, either as a hurricane, or as a tropical storm force winds, depending on how she tracks. Some stations are hinting that the eye may rip straight up the center of the state, which will give us the greatest impact. At the very least we do expect to lose power, for how many days we won't know until it is over. To my friends, I play as Siren, ID #506181, I will be back online after the storm as soon as I can. Stay safe everyone, who is in the path of this massive storm.

Checking back in - We managed to survive the wrath of hurricane Irma! And from what I am hearing, we are one of the fortunate few to still have power after a direct hit - the eye passed directly over us here in Polk County. My most sincere thanks to all of you who wished us well. Back to the Castle Challenge for me, and my hopes that all of my fellow Floridians are back with us soon.

[Post New]by JERYLC on Sep 11, 17 5:13 PM
My dad lives in Sarasota. He went outside to check his shutters during the hurricane and mom found him unconscious. He just got home from the hospital with a concussion,then he went outside today and passed out and went back to the ER. My brothers in Melbourne went outside during the hurricane to build a trench to keep water from coming in their homes. They were without power and water. Military men need to keep indoors during hurricanes and not brave the elements to save their homes. I do not go outside during tornado warnings!!. Scarlett of Texas.

Love_rnr
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 11, 17 5:19 PM
A huge HEARTFELT thank you to all for your thoughts and prayers!!! We are finally back home, no damage other than a lot of downed trees and yard debris. We have water and just got power not long ago. Gas is still in short supply. We were still concerned with storm surge since we live on the water, but that worked out okay for us as well. Checking in from Weeki Wachee, Hernando County.

Again, thank you for your concern and well wishes, they really meant a lot!

~Paula

xanadu3251
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by xanadu3251 on Sep 11, 17 5:25 PM
O.K. near Pensacola. Irma was just a tropical storm when it came by. We just got a little of the tail end.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 11, 17 5:52 PM
Oh it is SO good to hear these great reports from those who have safely come out the other end of this terrible ordeal named Irma.

My thoughts are with you all

Huge hugs and love from Canada

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,102 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 11, 17 8:29 PM
Just watching the news. An official of Miami just said that Miami Beach WILL be open tomorrow. Still a curfew for tonight but tomorrow will be open. Wow. That's incredible and very uplifting news.

Still clean up going on and power outages to fix. But it looks like the city came through pretty well.

nana5252
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by nana5252 on Sep 12, 17 1:00 AM
Middle Georgia here. Lots of wind and rain yesterday. Not to belittle the friends in Florida, we have much damage. Some lost roofs, some houses with trees through the roof, many many power lines and traffic lights laying the roads, many many LARGE trees down. Neighbor across the street lost 2 trees, neighbor to the left of us lost one, neighbor to the right of us lost 2 - one on their house and one on their RV, neighbor behind us lost one. Personally, we came through unscathed (and yes we have trees, too). God is good.

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,791 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 12, 17 1:26 AM
I read this thread twice a day to see if any of my US Friends have come back on line yet.
But I gather a major problem is downed power lines now. so I hope and continue to pray for them.

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Sep 12, 17 4:53 AM
Betslou41 Checking in !!!

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,040 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Sep 12, 17 5:10 AM
betslou41 wrote:Betslou41 Checking in !!!

Glad to see you are OK.

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,103 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 12, 17 5:48 AM
Feels like we are hashtag blessed to have so many of our players safe and sound

Rammygirl
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Rammygirl on Sep 12, 17 5:57 AM
Family in Bradenton had two trees down but no damage to house. They have no power though.

In laws in Nassau are still there as flight is delayed but they are fine.

No news from Lake County but looks like power is out.

Not everyone got off so lightly though. It could have been much worse.

Go to: