shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Eternity

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 2, 10 4:52 PM
Has anyone finished that will approximate game play time (I know everyone plays at different skill levels and speeds, but it is still helpful to me)? It looks like quite a few chapters... Thanks!!

Hey Poodlebear, still waiting for you to return with further comments

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on May 2, 10 10:22 PM
kskreations wrote:So far I have liked the game, but have come to a stop because, for some reason, I cannot find the feather from the bird in Hall of Fame, 225 BC. The window is checked as completed and I don't have the feather to make the bow & arrow to complete this level. I have retried the game with another name, but it does the same thing. Can anyone help?
Thanks

As mentioned numerous times on the forum, there was a bug where if you put the mouse down before opening the cage, you won't get the feather (open the cage first).

There is a bug-fixed version which resolves this (see the New Version for Eternity now available! stickied thread), or you can remember to open the cage before placing the mouse on the ground.

Either way, you'll need to start a fresh profile (or delete/re-create your current one), so that you start a new play-through.

HTH,

Elkestra

S_Sorcha
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by S_Sorcha on May 3, 10 10:07 AM
I also started the game liking it, but it didn't take long for it to take a turn for the worse. Time zones zipped by, unclear goals and for a HOG there wasn't enough searching. I quit with 11 minutes left on my trial and I had finished level 5/14. I was bummed, it could have been a great game.

[Post New]by nightnurse888 on May 3, 10 10:39 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:I have played 20 minutes of the demo and had to quit because I got so annoyed with the game. I will probably pick it back up later, and finish the demo. What's with that draw the cart scheme thing? I click on the wall to try to draw and all I get is "draw the cart scheme here." Don't know what I'm supposed to do there if it won't let me draw something. I like that there is a check mark to let you know when you have finished an area, and there are lots of hints if you need them. I will reserve judgment until I have finished the demo, but right now I don't think it's a buy for me.

you have to get the burning twig, put it in the water & use it to draw cart

Edited on 05/03/2010 at 10:40:50 AM PST

[Post New]by fernalt on May 3, 10 12:03 PM
MargieB wrote:
fernalt wrote:I bought the game and was playing it came to the part where I need to combine items for the arrow to use against the minotaur. I am getting frustrated and I went to check the walkthrough but the feather didn't end on the ground when the bird went after the mouse. What do I do now? Please Help!!!

I will not label this as a spoiler because I think people should know this before playing since it could stop them from continuing the game...

Apparently there is a bug in the game, you have to open the cage first and place the mouse on the ground second, if you do it out of sequence, the feather will not appear.

Please see the forum "SPOILER Bug with 225BC (minotaur)" to view the discussion.

You will have to start the game over to get past this bug.

Good Luck

Margie B

[Post New]by fernalt on May 3, 10 12:07 PM
Hi Margie B,

Thanks for the info and sorry I didn't get back sooner but I was out of touch. I tried it and you were right I was just very impatient that day and didn't even try it your way before asking what to do. Thanks again!!

Laura F.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on May 3, 10 1:06 PM
Ok game, but not worth buying, hard to follow the story line. sigh

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on May 4, 10 12:38 AM
So-so game for me. Hidden object scenes are way too murky, and objects are placed in a way that's bizarre. Like the time travel story, and the way you can go from room to room is fun-love that when you're done with a room, it gets checked off. Also, seems like a short game.Overall, I'm giving it a pass

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 4, 10 1:06 AM
I have never been more frustrated in my life!!! I love this game! You have to think for once.Nothing is handed to you.I really love that.I burned through the demo in no time.Sure,I got aggravated but to be honest,I loved the whole thing.It could be on my 'to buy' list in the very near future.That means within the next week.

coha92
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by coha92 on May 4, 10 1:22 AM
I played the demo and I got hooked up. I bought it immediately. The story is very interesting, the characters and the graphics amazing. Very entertained. I LOVE IT. I was looking for something like this. Easy to find objects and I didn't have to look for hints. I didn't find any problem and I finished in about 2 hours. I was sorry when it ended because I wanted more characters.

Edited on 05/04/2010 at 1:31:57 AM PST

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on May 4, 10 6:16 PM
It was an ok game. Similar to Mortimer Beckett games but not as challenging. I won't be buying this game as its way too short. I reached level 7 in classic mode before the demo ran out, so there is probably about an hour or so to go.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 4, 10 6:22 PM
I just really did not care for this game at all. I played for about 20 minutes in the demo, got to the part about drawing the cart, and then was so frustrated and bored I deleted it. I very rarely delete a game before finishing the demo. The graphics and the music are okay, but that is about all I found okay with the game. I didn't like having the cursor change to let you know what to do. If given proper instructions, I can figure it out, but the problem was there were no clear instructions/goals. For example, as someone else mentioned, drawing the cart. I know I need to draw the cart. It isn't helpful to tell me I need to draw the cart. What would have been helpful is tell me what else I need to do in order to draw the cart, if there is indeed something else that is necessary for me to be able to draw the cart.

For me, it was frustrating for the game to be so easy in that it shows you what to do with the cursor change, but the hint system was basically useless. I chose the easy mode, but maybe I should have chosen the more difficult mode. I'm not sure there would have been a difference. I did like the fact that you were told when you were finished with a room. The storyline for me was boring and I found that other games have handled the time machine genre much better. Glad others liked it, but I will pass.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Not Eternity...it just felt like it

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on May 4, 10 6:36 PM
This might have been so much more fun than it was. For me, it had a VERY high irritation factor. If you click on that tiny item, but not in EXACTLY the right spot, nothing happens.

In addition, it was counter-intuitive, didn't seem to have a natural flow, so I felt as though I spent too much time trying to figure out what in the world it might want me to do now. I made it thru the first chapter. When I tried to build a fire in the "fireplace" but could never get a log to go in anything that even remotely resembled a fire place...(you would think the ring of stones drawn in front of the caveman would be a fireplace, but NOOOOO, the logs won't go there...) after a few mnutes trying to located what might be a fireplace, I just got sick of it and deleted. By the way...helpful note to game developers. This was a case where a working HINT system (AND MUCH BETTER ART) might have convinced me to stay....when I clicked on the hint after clicking on everything in the scene that MIGHT have been the fireplace (I probably tried the circle of stones 20 times) it VERY helpfully said "I have highlighted the items in your inventory" DUUUUUUUHHHHHH! Since I have been clicking on these items over and over and over, you might have written code to indicate "PLAYER HAS SEEN INVENTORY!:
2 out of 10 stars.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on May 4, 10 7:21 PM
GoddessOdd wrote:When I tried to build a fire in the "fireplace" but could never get a log to go in anything that even remotely resembled a fire place...(you would think the ring of stones drawn in front of the caveman would be a fireplace, but NOOOOO, the logs won't go there...) after a few minutes trying to located what might be a fireplace, I just got sick of it and deleted.

Actually, the obvious place IS the right place, you'd just missed a step (you need to combine some things before placing).

Edited on 05/04/2010 at 7:23:23 PM PST

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on May 5, 10 7:17 AM
Very, very easy game. Start up looked great, but very boring and childish game. Perhaps BF should think about using applicable age groups against descriptions of games. Felt like I was back at school, not on an adventure to the unknown! Should have saved my credit.

[Post New]by kittyfeet on May 5, 10 7:48 AM
Poodlebear! I'm so glad to see you again!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 5, 10 12:35 PM
I found this game not good at all. Very boring. Wouldn`t buy it

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on May 5, 10 3:08 PM
Elkestra wrote:
GoddessOdd wrote:When I tried to build a fire in the "fireplace" but could never get a log to go in anything that even remotely resembled a fire place...(you would think the ring of stones drawn in front of the caveman would be a fireplace, but NOOOOO, the logs won't go there...) after a few minutes trying to located what might be a fireplace, I just got sick of it and deleted.

Actually, the obvious place IS the right place, you'd just missed a step (you need to combine some things before placing).

I tried that too, actually, I tried that first, nothing, tried them together...nothing..., apart...nothing. Decided life is WAAAAAY too short and deleted it. Felt much better.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on May 5, 10 4:43 PM
OMG finished the room with the skulls & gems and never paid attention to what was happening for the "push buttons"! Guess i never will because I too had that problem (playing for 10 mins in one place). Was having an ok time til the push button room. Played in Classic mode and was not all that impressed. Hit all the other rooms and was told was nothing to do there at the moment. So Back to Push Button room and the hint wouldn't even tell you to go back somewhere!! All in all felt frustrated and annoyed. Sorry not a game for me......

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on May 5, 10 11:30 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:I have played 20 minutes of the demo and had to quit because I got so annoyed with the game. I will probably pick it back up later, and finish the demo. What's with that draw the cart scheme thing? I click on the wall to try to draw and all I get is "draw the cart scheme here." Don't know what I'm supposed to do there if it won't let me draw something. I like that there is a check mark to let you know when you have finished an area, and there are lots of hints if you need them. I will reserve judgment until I have finished the demo, but right now I don't think it's a buy for me.

Agree completely!!!!!!

Go to: