Update Sept. 19th

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Update Sept. 19th

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 23, 17 2:13 AM
Heavensmanor wrote:I'm still getting the inane comments cluttering up the screen and concealing the gummies making my next move difficult, I thought this had been removed in this update, am I wrong?

Me too! I thought I had read that those had been removed but told myself I must've read wrong or made that up. I still have the inane comments blocking my gummies on timed levels. It really does make timed levels way more difficult. I have no idea why that was even added but it seems like someone's idea of a bad joke. It's been several months of this. It can be removed now. -___-

Heavensmanor
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Heavensmanor on Sep 23, 17 2:59 AM
Glad it's not just me zapberry ? Does anyone know how we get rid of this annoyance? I've been into settings but no help there.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 23, 17 5:27 AM
What messages are you guys getting? I just played a timed level again and got a well done at the end but nothing else... coincidence?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 23, 17 6:16 AM
I am not actually noticing any of the messages on timed levels that block me from seeing the gummies, so have no idea whats going on. This issue is one of the items on the suggestions thread, so it will stay there till they hopefully take notice of it and remove it as they are annoying when they pop up, but I seem to only get them right at the end of a level, particularly the ones where I win it on the last move. But at least the level is over when it flashes across the screen..

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 23, 17 6:35 AM
Since the latest update, I have noticed a dang banner blocking my view in the middle of a timed level, but only once and I managed to finish in time.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 23, 17 2:13 PM
Oh here's something new: I ran out of ticks on an expiring Gummy and instead of it either asking whether I wanted to use a boost or just blowing up, it gave me the option to spin the wheel to win a cold fusion. I won the boost and it was applied automatically.

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Sep 24, 17 11:25 AM
zapberry wrote:
Heavensmanor wrote:I'm still getting the inane comments cluttering up the screen and concealing the gummies making my next move difficult, I thought this had been removed in this update, am I wrong?

Me too! I thought I had read that those had been removed but told myself I must've read wrong or made that up. I still have the inane comments blocking my gummies on timed levels. It really does make timed levels way more difficult. I have no idea why that was even added but it seems like someone's idea of a bad joke. It's been several months of this. It can be removed now. -___-

I am still getting banners during play with various congratulatory messages. These are merely annoying on regular levels but really disruptive on timed levels. I am on iPad. Would love to know that these should be gone.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 24, 17 11:44 AM
Hi bowiecowgirl, glad to see you're still with us! I believe jules addressed that issue in the players suggested improvements thread, we had hoped that they would have been dealt with on the last update, oh well can't have everything.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 24, 17 12:54 PM
No, thst is right the comments have not all gone, I still get a "worldfamous" once in a while. But I haven't noticed anything untoward at timed levels, I am playing on an Android device.

Heavensmanor
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Heavensmanor on Sep 24, 17 4:59 PM
I play on iPad too and get the inane " you're world famous " and " marvellous " on all levels not just the timed ones , it is so annoying ?

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 25, 17 4:19 PM
First silver treasure chest: 5000 bricks...

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 25, 17 9:58 PM
bowiecowgirl wrote:
zapberry wrote:

I am still getting banners during play with various congratulatory messages. These are merely annoying on regular levels but really disruptive on timed levels. I am on iPad. Would love to know that these should be gone.

This is really weird! I'm still getting all the comments on timed levels. "Fabulous!" "Terrific!" "You're a world leader!" etc. It is no different than it was before.

I'm on a Motorola phone running the latest version of Android marshmallow.

I wonder why a few of us still have the word banners on timed levels?

Edited on 09/26/2017 at 1:57:39 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 26, 17 12:49 AM
zapberry, intrigued to know if you mean why do some people still have the banners and annoying words on their games, OR, if you mean why do people still have motorolas? I figure you mean the banners? For some reason, unknown to me, and probably to others too, some of us seem to get them all the time, some rarely. Not a clue why. I am on ipad, I only notice them when I win the level on the very last move, or just sometimes when I make a move that is a really good one that makes things cascade a heap etc or get out a lot, or set off a big combo that decimates the board, that kind of thing, but its certainly NOT every game, not every time and I have not noticed them at all on timed levels, unless its right at the very end when I have won it. I can't recall anything coming up that has blocked my vision of the board to stop me making a move. Very weird.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 26, 17 2:28 AM
Curiouser and curiouser! I play on a Samsung Galaxy tab powered by marshmallow (6.0.1) too. But I don't get that many banners, in fact it is just like jules described...

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 26, 17 6:48 AM
Yep it's the same way on my iPad also jules, just an occasional yippee when I do something really great, but not as bad as before the last update!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 26, 17 12:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to discuss the most recent updates to the game. It sounds like some players are seeing different things than others, and what I wanted to do was swim by with a request for these players to reach out to our Support Team so that we can gather information regarding this reported issue.

While most players seem to only see a congratulatory word or phrase rarely, or at the end of a level, it sounds like some players here are seeing them often enough to be unable to play the game. If this is the case for you, please contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team with your User ID and a description of what occurs when trying to play, such as what occurred right before a message appears and how often messages appear during a level you notice them appearing in. Also please include any levels you remember this happening frequently on, the device type and model you are playing the game on, as well as the operating system version on that device. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to continue assisting.

Thank you for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 26, 17 1:56 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:zapberry, intrigued to know if you mean why do some people still have the banners and annoying words on their games, OR, if you mean why do people still have motorolas? I figure you mean the banners? For some reason, unknown to me, and probably to others too, some of us seem to get them all the time, some rarely. Not a clue why. I am on ipad, I only notice them when I win the level on the very last move, or just sometimes when I make a move that is a really good one that makes things cascade a heap etc or get out a lot, or set off a big combo that decimates the board, that kind of thing, but its certainly NOT every game, not every time and I have not noticed them at all on timed levels, unless its right at the very end when I have won it. I can't recall anything coming up that has blocked my vision of the board to stop me making a move. Very weird.

Sorry. I meant the banners across the timed levels. I'll edit my post to make that more clear.

Maybe I'm just crazy and it isn't happening anymore but I swear it is lol. I'm going to go do some timed levels now and investigate. I'll write down some notes and maybe try to take screenshots as well.

Edited on 09/26/2017 at 1:59:55 PM PST

Go to: