Re:Post any Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues here only

[Post New]by grapegrower on Jul 25, 10 7:28 PM
Can't the mirror on the stand to stay. Frustrating. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by mountainlady19 on Aug 23, 10 5:48 PM
ok game played fine until I got to canal ad got in the boat and went to visit the old lady in her room along the canal. I clcked on a part i wanted to pick u and the page flashed me back to the canal with no boat as is still at the old ladys place, and the select scene or chapter or whatever wont let me choose the old ladys room so im stuck and the clue keeps saying to look somewhere else but i cant get there and its definitely not back behind me as have done everything to date - any clues anyone or do I have to start over which i dont want to do.?

[Post New]by flojud on Sep 12, 10 9:23 PM
I can't get this crazy game to work. It won't even start now after the third uninstall and download. When I downloaded it the first time my mouse would not work plus I could not quit the game without going to task manager. Do you think BFG will refund my money or am I stuck with a lousy game. Customer service has not responded to my request for assistance.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 9:25:17 PM PST

LuvBF
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by LuvBF on Sep 18, 10 8:45 AM
Already have part of the triton but unable to leave Poseidon's chamber. Message stated ' exit from poseidon's kingdom closed for some reason'.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Sep 17, 11 8:28 AM
I downloaded the trial as it is todays DD, I want to play this really bad, but so far I can only play 1 minute and kicks me back to game manager, so I go back in, it starts all over again, installed and reinstalled to no avail. Never had this happen before. So for instance, when you start it says you have 60 minutes to play, start the game, kicks me back to game manager which now says I have 59 minutes left to play, start game again, kicks me back and now says 58 minutes left to play.
Looked at all the tech help pages and have not seen this problem listed.
Very Frustrating! Looks like I may have to skip this one, I am afraid if I just go ahead and buy it will have tech problems as I see alot of people have had tech issues with this game.

[Post New]by 2cmeplay on Sep 17, 11 10:42 AM
CANT EVEN PLAY THE FREE 1 HR. GAME KEEPS STARTING OVER AND USING THE MINUTES.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Sep 17, 11 10:44 AM
OK I found out it is not the game, it is all my games! I guess alot of people cannot play their games today. People are posting on the the general Tech thread the same problem I am having, so it seems to be an issue with the BFG site in general.
I hope it gets fixed soon.

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Sep 17, 11 2:57 PM
Kashmiraka wrote:I downloaded the trial as it is todays DD, I want to play this really bad, but so far I can only play 1 minute and kicks me back to game manager, so I go back in, it starts all over again, installed and reinstalled to no avail. Never had this happen before. So for instance, when you start it says you have 60 minutes to play, start the game, kicks me back to game manager which now says I have 59 minutes left to play, start game again, kicks me back and now says 58 minutes left to play.
Looked at all the tech help pages and have not seen this problem listed.
Very Frustrating! Looks like I may have to skip this one, I am afraid if I just go ahead and buy it will have tech problems as I see alot of people have had tech issues with this game.

Gosh Dang it! I'm having the same problem ... Please BF get it fixed soon, I really wanted to add this one to the other series, but unsure if I will be able to play it or not.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 17, 11 4:17 PM
funny how sequal ME: Moon Light opened and I could play it thru with no problems and not this one. GM has to go along with ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 17, 11 4:20 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies,

If you've beta tested this game before or if you've downloaded a trial from any other site, I would definitely suggest deleting the old version of your game and reinstalling from your Purchase History. An outdated beta or a conflicting trial could cause problems when loading your game.

For help on how to uninstall or reinstall a game, click <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">here</a> for our help article.

Also if you haven't already checked for display updates, this is another troubleshooting step that may help. Check out our help article for more information:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread as the official thread to post technical issues so we can look into any issues that come up.

As always, if you'd like more troubleshooting assistance, you can contact Customer Support. Just click the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

I did this twice and it DID NOT WORK. played the sequal to this Moon Light with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

pinky_paws
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by pinky_paws on Sep 18, 11 6:02 AM
I tried several times to play this game, but It keeps crashing to desktop then losing all my progress in the game...This is the second game in a row I have had trouble with but all my previous games play with no errors...
I dont need to update the graphics card driver or anything else..there is definately problems with this game as I am not the only one experiencing problems that are similar..
I do wish Big Fish would sort all of these games out because it is so frustrating to play them...Happy Gaming...Pinky Paws..

[Post New]by jcampbell1953 on Jul 26, 12 9:11 PM
I installed the game on my Vista system with admin privileges and everytime I go to play the game it starts over. It is not saving my player name or any of the progress I made during game session.

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Jun 24, 13 2:53 AM
I playing for the free hour, left room one , went to room two, found some objects, went back to the first room and now can't go back to the second room. Tried logging out and back in and pressing all around the doorway nothing happons.

[Post New]by snappybookworm on Jun 25, 13 9:01 AM
gailweis wrote:I'm getting really frustrated with the hints. I'm in Chapter 2, and when I'm in the old woman's room and click the hint button, it highlights the boat. I go back on the boat, click the hint button, and it highlights the boat again. Back and forth, back and forth and I'm not getting anywhere. Help! I'm still missing pieces from each scene.

I'm having problems with this scene as well. I looked at the walk through pages and I seem to have picked up all the pieces but there are still three missing. I need pone piece from each of the strange knife, fan belt and loom shuttle. Its driving me crazy. Can anyone help???

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Sep 15, 14 4:04 PM
Having the same issue as LovesToSeek. If uninstalling and reinstalling wont fix it what do I do? Anybody else had this issue? Thanks

Go to: