Newest update to game

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Newest update to game

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 22, 17 7:26 AM
Quite sad, the newest update. The last few have been bad enough but this one tops them all. As many have mentioned, rewards and coins much less and levels much harder without using boosts. I should have known when I got a "note" re coin special for "beginner package" - or something like that - although I've been playing a really long time, that something significant would be coming. I hardly ever waste a life playing the arena - opponents lives are so much higher than mine it seems impossible. I enjoy the "events" although the rewards there aren't so very good in relation to the newest update. Too, it seems as if in playing a board, I need just a couple more colored flies or a few more points or one more move to finish so it is either start again or buy a boost. I always get duplicates in the packs and still have none for #8 although I have all the rest - selling the duplicates nets much less gold than earlier levels too. I am on area 10 now but it seems - if the past predicts the future - I will never make it further. I know this is a free-to-play game and have absolutely no problem with things getting harder with each world - but slow and steady works well not the huge changes with each update. I played FtW and thoroughly enjoyed it until it was abandoned. I was able to make it through the levels and the very hard puzzles but was able to accumulate enough resources to keep it interesting and fun. Now it is gone. I paid for extra lives in Gummy Drop but after an update months ago, it will not work on my desktop so I lost that money. Again - so sad.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 22, 17 3:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your time. The Forum Moderation Team continues to provide player's feedback to the appropriate teams. Thank you for continuing to let us know what you'd like to see in the game and what you haven't liked seeing.

I needed to swim by today to remind players that while we do appreciate feedback and suggestions about our games, we do request players do their best to abide by the Forum Rules while doing so. Specifically, I want to remind players of the following rule:

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

Discussing private details and communications is something we request players avoid to better help protect each other's privacy while using the Internet. Please do not provide the real names of others in public posts as well as private communications. Thank you for not providing the private details or emails you've received in our public forums from here on out.

If there are questions or concerns regarding this post or the forums, please do not hesitate to let me or one of our active Moderators know in a PM. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 10/22/2017 at 3:39:58 PM PST

[Post New]by beverly46 on Oct 23, 17 6:57 AM
was hoping after playing this game for a year that there would be rewards for playing .but seems we are all being punished.by taking away coins and fireflies.how can we ever buy boosts to win if we cant get enough coins to buy anything?
it used to be fun..now its just FRUSTRATING..

marmieduke
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by marmieduke on Oct 24, 17 11:44 AM
anath_q wrote:This change to coins is likely the last nail in the coffin for me. Arguably, the amount we were able to collect before the coin mine/exchange nerf was meager...now it is trivial. I recognize the purpose is to boost coin purchases, but really, this goes too far. If the only way I can play is pay-to-win, then I'll neither play nor pay.

I feel the same way, it is unpleasant to play when it is this difficult. I am out of here! Good luck to all that persevere

[Post New]by PawPawslilPixie on Oct 24, 17 1:25 PM
These latest updates make it next to impossible to get anywhere. I had a game previously going on another computer that crashed and when I replaced had to start over from the very beginning where I had been on World 8 or 9 before (can't remember for sure) At this rate I won't be able to get past World two for at least 6 months if not a year because of the gold rewards being cut so drastically. Also My husband and I both play this game on separate computers so each have our own game running. We had been playing since the game came out, Well we did....

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone

[Post New]by RBJK515 on Oct 24, 17 3:29 PM
Thank you for your time. The Forum Moderation Team continues to provide player's feedback to the appropriate teams. Thank you for continuing to let us know what you'd like to see in the game and what you haven't liked seeing.

Dear Bigfish; It's all very nice how you keep saying you're getting our feedback to the appropriate teams, but ARE/WILL they make any changes? Is it all just lip service? Obviously the recent changes to the game are ridiculous and have bothered many loyal players to the point of them abandoning the entire game. That's not good. Small updates are acceptable and to be expected, but what you/they have done is extreme and makes the game nearly impossible to advance without spending more real money...but I guess that's your/their plan.
I'm not here to kill the messenger, as several people here have stated Bigfish doesn't make the games or changes, simply hosting or offering them. But you obviously have the power and option to contact those in charge. It's a fun game and I'd hate to leave for good, which I'm just about to do if these recent changes are not altered once again, resembling more what the game was.

Thanks

[Post New]by verreaulta on Oct 27, 17 5:14 PM
So sad you wasted this game for me with the recent update. Just discouraging.

LynnNfld
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by LynnNfld on Nov 3, 17 10:46 PM
I agree. This is a "free to play" game, but this latest update certainly belies that premise. Big Fish has made the game a lot less fun and more about getting the players to spend more and more real money for the privilege of advancing in the game. Frustrated players simply go elsewhere. I have bought items a couple of times because I realize this is a business and I have had some pleasure playing the game. So, I spend a bit of real money to support it. But, there is a point where it just feels as though you are being fleeced. Big Fish, the game is fun, but there are many more games out there.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 9, 17 11:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base with all of you about the newest updates to the game. It sounds like many of the levels are very challenging, which would definitely impact a player's gaming experience.

The Moderation Team always passes along the feedback we receive about Sir Match-a-Lot. We're committed to advocating for you and ensuring your voices and feedback are heard. Since we're not involved with making changes to the game, though, we're unable to guarantee that player suggestions will be implemented. I do want to ensure you that the developers take player feedback to heart and consider the messages they receive.

Specific feedback about game levels is always appreciated. For example, what are some difficult levels in the Sweet Stop to beat? What makes those levels so challenging? This information lets the developers know what they've done well and where players feel the game could be improved. Please PM me or another moderator if you'd like to provide that information; our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team can also pass feedback along to the appropriate teams.

Thank you for your patience with us. The other moderators and I are always here the listen, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if need be.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 11/09/2017 at 11:30:51 AM PST

[Post New]by RBJK515 on Nov 11, 17 11:36 PM
We're committed to advocating for you and ensuring your voices and feedback are heard. Since we're not involved with making changes to the game, though, we're unable to guarantee that player suggestions will be implemented. I do want to ensure you that the developers take player feedback to heart and consider the messages they receive.

AGAIN, LIP SERVICE. Unable to guarantee that player suggestions will be implemented? In other words, you have no plans to change or even address the ridiculous changes to Sir-match-a-lot? You keep stating you appreciate the feedback and concerns of the players, but never a solution. Passes along the feedback? What's the point if they never make a change? What was wrong with the amount of money you offered before? You still had loyal players spending 'game' and 'real' money? Do you/they really have to be so greedy as to ruin the fun of playing Sir-match-a-lot? Seems to be the case. Another great gaming experience ruined with a greedy company. I guess you'll just wait for the loyal players to quit posting their complaints and continue to rip them off.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 13, 17 3:10 PM
I've been a loyal player and have spent way more money than I should have on this game. But I, too, was shocked to see the latest changes. The player-hostile changes they made prohibit me from feeling enough satisfaction with my progress to warrant spending a ridiculous amount of money. There are too many other good games out there to justify the cost required now to keep going. Therefore, I will no longer play this game.

[Post New]by RBJK515 on Dec 10, 17 8:07 PM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello Everyone,

I also appreciate your feedback regarding the recent changes made to the game and will certainly pass them along to the teams behind Sir Match-a-Lot.

bfgBeruna

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 12/11/2017 at 3:50:58 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 11, 17 4:46 AM
Thanks RBJK for bringing a smile to my morning. You have a way with words.

Cheers

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 11, 17 3:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

Players are requested to be respectful and to understand that while the Forum Moderation Team is more than happy and willing to provide the feedback that players provide, players are also requested to be aware of and abide by the Forum Rules while doing so, specifically the following rules:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

These rules are in place to help make the forums more comfortable for all people who are using them from all backgrounds. Thank you for being willing to abide by these rules going forward.

Since the above has been requested a few times, but the thread continues to breach this rule, it has been locked. Thank you for your time. If there are any further questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or any of our active Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/11/2017 at 3:52:59 PM PST

Go to: