IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:Fiction Fixers: Alice in Wonderland comments and reviews

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Dec 9, 10 12:24 PM
This game was delightful, whimsical, fun, and very entertaining! What a creative idea to take a classic tale and turn it into a hidden object game. The "fiction fixer" character was an interesting diversion to the original story. Thanks for a light-hearted experience!

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 12:27:26 PM PST

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Dec 14, 10 10:43 PM
After reading the good reviews, I played the demo and bought. Took me about 3 hrs to finish it, which in my book is a little too short. In relaxed mode, it was too easy due to the sparklies... for things you need to pick up, **** scenes, etc. The dialog was too much, especially in the beginning.

However, other than the above, I really liked it.

I'd give it and a half out of 5, only because the relaxed mode was too easy. Next time I'll play expert (or whatever it's called with few hints and sparklies).

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Dec 27, 10 1:33 AM
I enjoyed the storyline, graphics and music and was shocked out of my pants when the game just ended after I think it was 2 hours total gameplay time. I dont think I'd even have been satisfied with 4 hours. I have tons of games (I dont even want to say how many) & I've never ended up with one that I finished so darn abruptly.
Based on that, I'd say I'm mostly dissatisfied but the game itself, what was there, was good. The HOG scenes were actually pretty darn difficult but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I was hoping for at least the ability to replay, like with some sort of extended mode second quest kind of thing. Maybe there is that, I'd have to go look but from what I can tell, this is it. If I had bought this in a store I'd seriously be wanting to return it or....something. I think they owe their customers more than just one or two sittings. It took me three but that was just because I was busy ~ had I had the time to play straight through it would've been a one shot deal. Not cool.
They could take a tip from the Last Day of Work peeps. I'd give this 3 out of 5 stars.

edited because its 435am and I should not be typing anything.

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 1:35:48 AM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Dec 30, 10 5:57 PM
I enjoyed this one too! It was kinda short for me but...it was fun and very amusing...the graphics are very colorful & bright. Alice's voice is cute too...my daughter was playing a game on her computer in the same room as me whil eplaying this game & she even sat with me to watch me play...she loves Alice in Wonderland...when she gets a bit older - I look forward to her being able to play this game too!

[Post New]by forevertweetie on Jan 10, 11 2:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

For those of you who have played the hour demo of this game and liked it, I just want to let you know that at freeridegames.com you can download it and play as long as you want. Just to let you know though, after it's downloaded there are ads but the ads are around the perimeter of the game playing area and after awhile you don't even notice them. Happy gaming!!!

Forevertweetie

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 4:50 PM
Hi all, Don't know about you but I don't like ads at the best of time so I prefer BFG any day. Love this game. Bought it last year and am enjoying it again. I think my little granddaughter may also get into the story, when she comes to visit. Happy game and varied tasks keep everybody feeling fine.
Lots of love, Pat_ric_ia x

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on May 3, 11 11:15 AM
I like this game. The artwork is good. The Fixers' storyline doesn't interfere with the Alice storyline (which is faithful to Alice). The voices are annoying but I always turn those off so it wasn't a problem for me. The games were challenging enough for me to get a sense of accomplishment without too much frustration. I had NO technical issues.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 10:11 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jul 17, 11 12:06 PM
I gather your rating is based strictly on a portion or all of the demo?

jblad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jblad on Jul 18, 11 12:54 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with this game...it was a 2.99 job and I didn't expect much but I am sick of the dark evil stuff of the new releases...

the story on this game didn't interest me a lot but I agree about it not interfering with the Alice story and I loved the puzzles

I agree with Grimhild..the puzzles were different and challenging enuf to be stimulating but not frustrating

I enjoyed it and am looking at the other one in the series next

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 20, 11 6:58 PM
I found this to be a light hearted interesting story - lots of HOG scenes - some new puzzles and several mini games that were difficult to hard

Overall a good game and fun
So much so I went out and bought the other Fiction Fixers [OZ]
Characters continue in the next installment

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Jul 21, 11 9:14 PM
I just finished the game and am glad I bought it as a DD. It was plenty long enough for me, but I didn't play it in just one sitting. The graphics in the H0 scenes left a little bit to be desired; some objects were very clear but some were "you've got to be kidding" even after I used the hint. However, I don't have a problem using hints. There was some variety in the minigames, but a few I groaned over when I saw them come up the second or third time. I enjoyed the story, I liked the voices and dialogue, the characters were true to the original, and the music was unobtrusive when turned down a bit. I'm definitely going to demo the Oz Fiction Fixers. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and will probably play again when my grandkids are old enough. And I don't mind letting my inner child have some fun, too.

Wanted to add one thing: I was amazed and impressed that I could access the strategy guide from my SE version of the game. I clicked on it on a whim after clicking hint in a non-H0 scene and being told to check the strategy guide. I expected to be offered a purchase opportunity and instead I had help. Way to go, devs!!

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 9:28:00 PM PST

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Aug 27, 11 9:15 AM
I thought this game was really cute, easy and pretty much according to the original storyline. For a DD at $2.99, definitely worth it, but one thing bothered me (just me I'm sure). Victor Vile looks like the Wicked Witch of the West and Alice, although her voice is sweet, sure doesn't look the part. She reminds me of a little troll doll. She has an adult nose and mouth, and a short, stout body. Doesn't suit the voice at all!
For some reason i seemed to have focused on that all during the game. Goofy me.
Nice little game though.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 2, 12 7:23 AM
Lasted about 20 into the demo and then decided this is definately not a buy. HOS items are really, really small and I find that annoying and not fun. Story moving along quite slowly with too many "instructions" popping up as well as dialog that I skip in frustration to keep the game moving. Mini games are easy and the skip seems to work only with the HOS and refreshes OK.

Got bored and even a little frustrated at the slow movement. Map was OK, but not a jump map. Time to move on.

Go to: