Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst

[Post New]by Anniejo on Oct 24, 08 11:44 AM
giggyann wrote:I also think that they should offer to bfg members first.....like early......like OCT. And because we have been such great and loving members it counts as oct fest. Cups for everyone!!!!
giggyann

Now that is what I call a good idea

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 24, 08 3:41 PM
I would think that we might have gotten our numbers confused....except that we have the strong reference to Thanksgiving, with the Brownscombe painting and the image in the Bettmann Archive.

Maybe they're going to run the sale through mid-November...

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 24, 08 4:15 PM
i just played both games again. A couple of questions please.
1. In the kitchen on the back of the opened cabinet door is that our letter from the queen?

2. Who is the women in the wedding dress with her face crossed out? Emma didn't marry him right?

3. The capenter Frank William fell off the roof??? and he left behind a young wife and 2 children? Then Charles says"PPerhaps I am a cursed man, meant to reside alone within my bedevilled manor." How does he know it is bedevilled? The scaffolding is up on the house...may 16th and the diary then says on june 1st "within hie newly completed manor"

4Could Charles be the one of the twins mention? Maybe his twin ghost took over charles. He sure seemed nice at first.

5. The voices.... First I hear a deeper felmale voice talking to emma. Then I hear Emma's voice. I swear I hear a man's voice toward the end. ( But I could be dreaming)

6. In M. Fate at the entrance in the bus are those blueprints in the right hand corner. Old and new ones. Someone looking for something at Ravenhurst??

Okay done for now. Please excuse me if any of this has been a rehash of what you guys have been thinking. I tried to go through the old threads but I could have missed something. (lots of something)
Giggyann

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 24, 08 7:29 PM
Man, I can't wait to get all these questions answered.....I don't like to wish away time......but, geez I wish it were here already....it's giving me the shivers just thinking about it.

GeeBee

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Oct 24, 08 7:43 PM
GeeBee wrote:Man, I can't wait to get all these questions answered.....I don't like to wish away time......but, geez I wish it were here already....it's giving me the shivers just thinking about it.

GeeBee

I was gonna say the heebee geebeez.. Sorry I couldnt help it ...

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 24, 08 10:03 PM
Funny, Kimmy!!

GeeBee

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Oct 25, 08 4:32 AM
I cannot wait for this game, this series was what hooked me into hidden object games in the first place, and they are still the best.

I even bought Millionheir! It's too short though, but looks amazing on the DS, even if you do have to squint a bit

[Post New]by red8ray on Oct 25, 08 8:00 AM
I absolutely cant wait for this game. I love ravenhearst. I visited the mystery case files page BUT why are they not doing a pc game of millionaire. It sounds so cool.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 25, 08 8:04 AM
giggyann wrote:i just played both games again. A couple of questions please.
1. In the kitchen on the back of the opened cabinet door is that our letter from the queen?

Not as far as I know. Since we have the letter from the queen at the beginning of the game, and we never see the printing on the letter in the kitchen, I think it's safe to assume they're unrelated.

giggyann wrote:2. Who is the women in the wedding dress with her face crossed out? Emma didn't marry him right?

Emma has only a nightmare memory of wearing a wedding dress, and in that she was in the wheelchair, not standing beside a groom. I think we can assume that the "crossed-out" bride is someone other than Emma.

That's all I feel up to addressing this morning. Maybe someone else would like to clarify some more for giggy?

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Oct 25, 08 9:33 AM
We aren't told anything about Charles death in Ravenhearst so there is lots of room for speculation on that.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 25, 08 11:53 AM
looloo123 wrote:Please no one yell at me.

Silly looloo! We wouldn't dream of yelling at you!

We have all ****umed that Charles is dead by the time of Madame Fate's Carnival, especially since he seems to be the malevolent spirit responsible for her death. However, we don't actually know exact dates and times....

There is some evidence to suggest that the game Madame Fate takes place about 1954, which would make it possible for Charles to actually still be alive at that time...except that the Queen has asked us to investigate, which puts it in "the present". ..hmmmm..although, the Queen was crowned in 1952, so it could still have been.. ..but then at the beginning of the first Ravenhearst.. ..and now we're going to be going back....

Time is a weird thing, isn't it?

As for actual data on the ground, we have no evidence of what happened to anyone (other than Emma being killed) after the end of the first Ravenhearst game.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Oct 25, 08 12:24 PM
At the end of MillionHeir it shows a newspaper posting (where they talk about the main character) and at the bottom of the newspaper it says something about how Madame Fate has finally found a home. That was the headline of the article. You can't read the article itself. Madame Fate seems to fall after MillionHeir because the millionaire himself creates the theme part with the Insan-erator game seen in Madame Fate.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 25, 08 12:32 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:Just reading Giggyann's post above and remembering a comment made by Poodlebear "We are coming for you Charles" made me think.

What if we have been barking up the wrong tree with regard to Charles who was nice initially. What if it was HIS TWIN who imprisoned BOTH Charles and Emma and having "rescued" Emma we now have to go back and "rescue" Charles. It was the brother who wanted Emma!!! and Charles' true love was Rose. What do you think???

Well, someone who's true love was Rose and was really ticked off you released Emma said so before killing Madame Fate to stop her reading. I guess there is nothing to say it was Charles, and it was just a scary (hooded?) that didn't look like anybody, but I'm still betting it was. I suppose we could have an evil twin scenario here, it is a classic after all.

I'm likin' the idea Rose was his twin and/or she's going to help in this next one, but that is purly flights of fancy with no good evidence. I still see Charles as a bad guy and Rose as a good guy. I have no freakin' idea about the twins, really, and think there's zip evidence of any in Ravenhearst. The only twins there's evidence of is the acrobat twins at Madame Fates, but don't see how they could relate. Might just be something cooked up for the sequel.

In M. Fate do they ever say the acrobats are twins? When they die M.Fate says something about how they died in each others arms..."how romantic".
Also I was going through the diary again. What's with the head mistress.
1. She doesn't mind that emma isn't doing her job to be with Charles.
2.Emma starts to get sick while at the school.
3Head mistress offers to pack for her?????
4.Head mistress doesn't mind that Sick Emma is going to go live with Charles.??? At that time no unmarried women would have been able to go live with a unmarried man and not lose her reputation. ?????
giggyann

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Oct 25, 08 12:48 PM
AnnBy wrote:Good point Giggyann.

Very good points.. I was curious about the HM offering to pack for her?? Weird

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 25, 08 4:18 PM
spyque wrote:At the end of MillionHeir it shows a newspaper posting (where they talk about the main character) and at the bottom of the newspaper it says something about how Madame Fate has finally found a home. That was the headline of the article. You can't read the article itself. Madame Fate seems to fall after MillionHeir because the millionaire himself creates the theme park with the Insan-erator game seen in Madame Fate.

This is so cool! I didn't know, not having a DS, and this is a great bit of info. Does the paper show a date or does it give dates in the game?

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Oct 25, 08 4:30 PM
Oh and i think there is apuzzle on top the fireplace to unlock that room...........................I could be wrong! lol

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Oct 26, 08 3:05 AM
looloo123 wrote:Oh and i think there is apuzzle on top the fireplace to unlock that room...........................I could be wrong! lol

I think that, too. No way we both could be wrong.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 26, 08 3:20 AM
looloo123 wrote:The crib or bed behind the fireplace in the new screehshots sort of blew my mind. Someione was hidden there. I dont think it was for firewood.

Are you talking about *in* the fireplace because that's a grate or "fire dogs" for the burning wood, not a crib or bed. I do think the puzzle above there might well open up a secret room, but 99% sure that's a fireplace accesory as I have one very similar in my living room, sorry. Unless you're talking about a screen shot I've not seen?

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Oct 26, 08 5:46 AM
Ravenhearst is on my top 3 for serendipity (hidden object) games, so I'm eager already ^__^ I loved all the antiques & urban decay, which has it's own artistic beauty when not boarded up & spray painted on.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Oct 26, 08 10:21 AM
Hi fish
I have a couple more ideas.
In the master bath on the mirror it has written "this house is ours" and what is with the mirror being on the inside of the medicine cabinet. And I want to know what kid left their rollerskate in the medicine cabinet.....I want names. (sorry it's a mom reaction)
Also there are pictures around of two couples travaling together on a boat. Who are they.
Oh and one last thing... I figured out last night that the reason that there is so much food hanging around uneaten is .....someone has stolen all the false teeth and have hidden them around the house.

Go to: