sandyca
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom

[Post New]by sandyca on May 10, 10 1:58 PM
Loved it but got lost trying to get to a certain destination a few times. It was a short game......

Comments and Review for Escape the Lost Kingdom & troubleshooting problem to this game

[Post New]by burtsiskie on May 10, 10 2:13 PM
I like the fact that you play different characters. The art is good. The little brother gets on my last nerve but easily overlooked. The pipe puzzle wasn't that hard.

Thing is, when it downloaded, it didn't download the save.dat file so everytime I quit, I have to start all over again! Do I need to uninstall it and reinstall using my key code to the game when I purchased it?

katmandan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by katmandan on May 10, 10 4:17 PM
I didn't think I would care for this game when I was doing the trial, but thought what the heck and went ahead and bought it.

Aside from the shortness of the game and the snotty kids, (I personally would have left them in the there.) I really did enjoy the game. I would recommend it.

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on May 10, 10 6:35 PM
Hi,
I had to search for awhile to find the last plank. And according to Gamezebo's walkthrough I was shorted a few puzzles and screens. That was odd. I had some items missing from my stash, and at least one item left over at the end that I didn't use (I think it was supposed to be used in the Queens room, by what I saw at Gamezebo-but I never did see that room). So, I feel a little shorted. I also wonder what happened to Jinxie? Am I to assume the kittie made it out in a backpack or something? I had to use the map alot, and do alot of head scratching. But all in all, it was kind of good. I guess it would have to be a

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on May 10, 10 7:12 PM
I agree with all the positive comments. I didn't think I'd like the game but yes, I do, enough to buy it. I think it's on the short side though but the time it lasts will be fun, so...
Thanks everybody for all your very helpful comments.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on May 10, 10 7:22 PM
The 3-D was great. Have had several pairs of those glasses laying around but can't remember when/where we got them. I did have some technical issues with some of the mini games (the torn painting and the "puzzle pieces") did not work. I didn't wait around to see if the skip would work as it would cut into my demo time. I would love to see more 3D in the future, just make the games a bit more of a challenge and LONGER PLEASE!! all in all a buy for a dd not for $6.99

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on May 10, 10 7:25 PM
This game definitely had potential....

Graphics good, no bugs or technical errors. Music was pleasant. Well thought out idea.

Now for the cons. I played this through except for the last chapter in the first hour. That was taking my time even. It was hacked to pieces!! Definitely a bunch of the game was missing! It skipped over parts!!! Nothing like the other version. The original version I only made it about a third of the way through, but BFG's version was hacked to pieces!!! Did the developer do this out of spite??? I'm like, 'What happened?'

[Post New]by kissybaby0621 on May 11, 10 8:45 AM
BereniceP wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Right up my street but I was soooooo disappointed that it only took me 1hr 20mins to play from start to finish so not very good value for money on the whole.

I totally agree bought the game after trying thr trial and had about 15 mins of game play left was definatly a waste of a buy!

Akamar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Akamar on May 11, 10 12:51 PM
I really enjoyed the game, but was so dissatisfied with the length.. it felt like it came to an abrupt end.. :/

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on May 11, 10 3:42 PM
Ahhhh bummer...I came to buy but thought I'd check comments first. Based on what everyone's said about the length I guess I'll pass.

[Post New]by dleliz on May 11, 10 4:34 PM
I most certainly agree about it being too short. I got a little tired of the sepia tone after a few minutes too. Wasted my free punch-card game on it! Rats. Only took me a little over the free demo hour.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 12, 10 10:51 AM
I have to agree about the game length. i used a game credit on this today and have finished it already. Had I known it was so short I wouldn't have wasted a credit. Nice game but I was very disappointed with the abrupt ending and I don't know how much replay value I can get out of it.

So it's back to trying to get gold on bonus levels of Royal Envoy! Now there's a game with replay value!!

Edited on 05/12/2010 at 10:51:40 AM PST

Lucidus
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lucidus on May 12, 10 2:53 PM
Does anybody else worry about the structural stability of a giant pyramid built over both lava and water? (I know this is a staple of dungeon crawls, but still . . .)

I liked the idea of the party splitting up for part of the game.

The hidden object scenes were pretty easy. On the other hand, finding needed objects in some of the rooms was tricky, simply because there was no way of knowing that you were supposed to be looking for them.

There were some inconsistencies in the gameplay and even the spelling - was the cat's name Jinxy or Jinxie? And who takes a cat to visit a museum?

My biggest complaint: the game is very short, about an hour and a half for me. This seems to be happening more and more often these days.

[Post New]by DrKraz on May 13, 10 11:26 AM
In the first five minutes of play I came across several incorrectly spelled words and grammatical errors. I know it is just a game but these are sloppy errors that take away from a fun experience. It makes your work look unprofessional and it makes our museum worlds look dumb (yes, I have worked in a museum...). The early mistakes:

Francis asks his sister "What are you staring at?" as in, what are you looking at. It is misspelled "starring."

Another line: Your aunt Amy (it should be Aunt Amy if that is being used as her name) is letting us visit her Museum (museum, it is not a proper word) before its (that should be it's, as in, it is, the contraction) open.

And my most hated misspelled word: The Reed family has been temporarily SEPARATED: with an "A" not an "E" (you had "seperated").

There is a great old-fashioned invention called a dictionary. Try it if you spell-check isn't working.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on May 14, 10 4:27 AM
I felt the game was long enuf for my 6.99. "something's missing" got a lil tiresome and the ending was anticlimatic, but over all i enjoyed the game.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on May 14, 10 4:31 AM
The separated misspelling is one of my pet peeves. I caught it too. The other stuff i tended to overlook. We must realize most of these games are produced in non-english speaking countries. Too bad they don't run these things past an English speaking friend. And yes, i know i tend to short-write online and not write grammatically correct stuff, but you aren't paying to read this either.

[Post New]by Bingoeight on May 14, 10 10:13 AM
Would like some help on "Escape the Lost Kingdom" according to the walkthrough, there seems to be pieces missing, in the game we had downloaded from big fish? I have noticed that in the "Cat Walk Maze" that the game only has 2 Flail's during this time. Than in the "Throne Room" it becomes 4 Flail's, that is according to your Walk-Through blog, can someone please explain, were you pick up the other two "Flail's"... also were are the "Wooden Planks"? One walk through I visited for help states there is also suppose to be "Feathers"? So far I have not run into, any "wooden planks" or "feathers" very surely missing 2 Flail's. Can not complete game without the items. We have reinstalled the game. Also, only can find two puzzle pieces, yet on the third attempt, after reinstalling game, was able to aquire about 4 pieces. (and we do have 3D glasses, but it the same outcome) We downloaded from Big Fish, but this game seems more like a "Sample" of one hour playing. Could I get an email reponse from management....really would like to finish the game.....LOL (moving this Question, apparently posted in wrong area, sorry)

[Post New]by Bingoeight on May 14, 10 10:33 AM
Just notice if your Popular on the message board, you can be a better type of fish? Were as visitors and new joiners are "Anemone" "lot of them around"?

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on May 14, 10 11:59 AM
I bought it during the mother's day sale. I played it. I enjoyed it. Well worth the $4.81.

[Post New]by gizmospooky on May 14, 10 2:31 PM
This is just a general comment, I enjoyed the game for the most part, I did not use 3D glasses. I was a little frustrated that sometimes I didn't have access to the journal, past vision and glyph vision, and did have to go back to the walk through at least a couple of times. I was very glad to have the map, it's easy to get turned around. I bought the game during the 30% off sale and it was well worth the money.

I didn't care for the ending, and there was one item still in my inventory that was just picked up but never used, not sure it that implies another game to come.

It was a fun game, not too hard to find things during the hidden object scenes, not sure why they bothered w/hints since I didn't find any of them helpful. Glad I bought the game.

Go to: