HUCster
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Buggy!

[Post New]by HUCster on Nov 5, 17 10:33 AM
I am using windows 8, I have had to reload the game once, hard crash twice as it hung, and in level 2 I have found both caches but am only getting credit for one cache. My free trial is half over, I would love to purchase this game but at this point I cannot as it is way too buggy! Such a shame, I have always loved and played games by this developer, but this game, not at all. Very sad, I keep reading all the glowing reviews from people who get to play the game!!!

googirl999
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Roads of Rome: New Generation 2 here.

[Post New]by googirl999 on Nov 5, 17 11:28 AM
I went to the developer's website to see what I could find out. There are reports of these issues on their site going back over 4 months. So it's not just BFG - folks who bought the game from other game sites as well as directly from the developers have the same crashing issues. Unfortunately, the developers obviously aren't in any hurry to fix the problems!

[Post New]by Melissa0262 on Nov 5, 17 1:37 PM
Using Windows Vista. Cannot run the game Full Screen due to flickering screen at the edges. I can't use the special cursor either - it doesn't show up at all. I had to move the mouse and watch the screen for a reaction in order to get to the Options Menu.

I followed the directions to run as administrator and that did nothing to fix the bugs.

The game operates fine in non-full screen mode, but only until level 22 when the game stopped working. Of course, games are much better full-screen, this is an observation only and I fully expect to be able to play the full-screen version of this game.

There seem to be a lot of bugs in this game which is unusual for **** and Big Fish, so I hope that these can be fixed and an update sent to all of the users as soon as possible.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 2:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your continued patience with the crashing troubles reported for this game. We really appreciate your understanding, and hopefully steps like running the game as an administrator or updating video card drivers will help some of our players. For those still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team by sending them a message. They'll be able to provide additional assistance there.

For the flickering issue and disappearing cursor, Melissa0262, we have a couple of things we can try. The first would be looking for a possible video driver update, since those driver directly impact how a game and its features show up on the screen. It may also help to adjust the screen resolution to see if that helps. The following links have troubleshooting steps for those possiblities:

Video Driver Updates
Screen Resolution

If those steps don't get things working better, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. They'll have additional tools to try to help in this situation.

You're also always welcome to send a PM to me or any of our other Moderators if there are additional questions or concerns. We're happy to help in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by heartcat99 on Nov 6, 17 1:32 AM
Just crashed and got booted out of game SIX times in level 22 at various points -- VERY frustrating!! (I'd already played the game all the way through, over past couple of days, except for bonus levels, with only the occasional glitch, and not finding all of the caches or making it within gold time.) I'll look at the general BF "fixes" tomorrow but since this doesn't happen in other games, suspect the game has problems!

[Post New]by kellydunwell on Nov 6, 17 2:14 PM
I am also having problems. Unable to complete level 13. On level 12, the guy in the boat wouldn't get out of the boat. Replayed level 12 4 times. My computer is up to date. The fact that so many people are having problems indicates it's a problem with the game. Windows 10.

[Post New]by chicagoguy49 on Nov 6, 17 2:40 PM
Well after doing the things you suggested for level 13 issues with windows 10 it now doesn't even load the game at all. I shouldn't have to be a system tech to run a game on here. The problem needs to be resolved and a fix issued. Please respond.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 6, 17 2:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

We apologize for any inconvenience our players have experienced with both progression troubles and the game closing down unexpectedly. Our Forum Moderation Team has passed along these concerns, and we'll definitely keep our players updated with new information as it comes along. At this time, we don't know if or when additional details will be available, so we recommend our players try out the aforementioned troubleshooting steps in case they help get things working better.

If there are still troubles after trying those steps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They will be able to continue assisting and provide a replacement game. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding with this situation.

As always, please feel free to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators with any questions or concerns you may have. We'll be happy to do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Nov 7, 17 5:26 AM
No problems until level 12 then crashed out straight to GM. Its happened 4 times now so not going to play until patched. Wish i had read the tech page before buying...oh Using Windows 10 on a 10 month old desk top.

[Post New]by cerisek61 on Nov 7, 17 8:47 AM
Game crashing every time I try to play level 22. Yes I am using Windows 10 but Guess What? All my other games are running just fine! So I think it is the game and I am very disappointed!

Justy1002
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Justy1002 on Nov 8, 17 9:52 AM
Win 7 user here. Had no crashing issues until level 26. About halfway through the game, as I attempt to upgrade the storehouse, it crashes. I replayed twice and same thing. However, if I don't attempt to upgrade the storehouse, which isn't required to complete the level, I don't crash. So, it's really not an issue with anyone's PC or OS, it's a mechanical flaw within the game itself.

Mods, unless your Technical Support Team can resolve the flaw in the game, stop giving us the same old canned response. It's silly at this point.

Edited on 11/08/2017 at 11:34:58 AM PST

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 11:00 AM
Hello Everyone,

We appreciate the patience of our players in regards to the crashes that have been reported. These concerns have been forwarded to the proper teams, and our Forum Moderation Team will provide any additional information that comes along.

For now, we recommend trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier in the thread. Should they not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. Thank you again for all of your patience and understanding. Please feel free to also reach out to any of our Moderators by PM if there are additional questions or concerns. We'll provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

sayulita
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sayulita on Nov 8, 17 3:15 PM
Thought I would add my name to the Howling Horde out there experiencing crash problems with this game. The problems are not with our PCs but with the game. Maybe a QC problem or a rush to market decision, who knows and it doesn't really matter. What does matter is you have sold a faulty product and it needs to be fixed ASAP or money refunded. Not too much to expect is it?

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 8, 17 3:35 PM
Hello sayulita,

We certainly understand the frustration that can come when a game isn't working as expected. If the aforementioned troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issues experienced, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They can provide additional assistance, including a replacement game. You're also welcome to send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are additional questions. Thank you for all of your patience and understanding.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by lainey55 on Nov 8, 17 3:55 PM
I have a problem in that I could not find some of the caches on some of the levels. I have found a list of where the caches should be, and have gone back into the game only to find that where the caches should be cannot be clicked - seems that they are not active.... anyone else have the same problem?

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Nov 8, 17 6:00 PM
Add me to the list of people who made it to level 22, and the game vanished half way through the level. I'm running Win 8, and have a brand new video card, so definitely a game problem.

tamk42
Herring
Herring
312 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Nov 8, 17 8:09 PM
The game is bringing me right back to Big Fish site when I click on a level to play---right at the beginning. I got this without trial because I've played the series (all other ones) without a problem. What a mistake. What a disappointment.

[Post New]by cgowan on Nov 9, 17 2:11 AM
Just to add my voice to the list of disgruntled users. Crashes on 13. Tried the fixes-no luck. Running up to date Win10

[Post New]by broomstick_two on Nov 9, 17 2:14 AM
Was really looking forward to the game, but it needs some serious fixing. Windows 10. Game running very jerkily, keeps crashing, difficult to resume game after one exits or is shut down. Not possible to start next level after starting game again-need to replay the previous finished level, otherwise not possible to play at all, as it just carries on shutting down. Please fix and please do not just give your stereotype answer referring to all manner of technical links. Thank you

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 9, 17 9:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

Our Forum Moderation Team has passed along all of your feedback regarding this game, and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience some of our players have experienced while playing. At this time, we have no information about any possible updates for the game, but we will certainly pass along additional information if it becomes available. For now, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for assistance if the basic troubleshooting tips mentioned earlier do not resolve the experienced issues.

Our Moderators are also always available by PM if there are questions or concerns you'd like addressed. We'll do our best to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: