penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 20, 10 1:18 PM
I Beta Tested this game liked it, but now that i found out its sooo short "NO WAY".

I WAS looking forward to finish it.

Happy Gaming
PEN

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on May 20, 10 11:23 PM
Just finished the demo; 4 chapters of 7, and I am no speed demon, especially on the trials. So, first of all, waaaay too short.

Other than that, the graphics were nice, crisp, and clean. It was easy to switch from one area on the map to another. No timer and hints take about a minute to regenerate. It is definitely an IHOG, but repetitive. Music was okay as I don't recall it, therefore did not interupt my game play.

I liked the new HOG within the IHOG, usually be clicking on a sparkling object when your cursor becomes a magnifying glass. Within the magnifying glass, you have to match the outline of the object on the side of magnifying glass to an object in that space. Have never seen that special effect before in any games I have played, but it got old pretty quick.

I got confused sometimes. There were some scenes when you could pick up an object that was not on the list, use it with another object to get one of the items on the list. The only way you knew if these things were there was just to "run across them" while searching - the pointer would turn into a hand so you could pick it up. Didn't think that was very well-planned out. A hit-or-miss thing, and not in every scene.

The screen did not take up my whole monitor. Also, there was a very teeny tutorial at the very beginning that was of help, was needed to play the game, but thankfully did not hold you hand throughout.

With a little more length, and few more things to do, would have been a decent game. For me, a no buy because of this.

[Post New]by wonderfl on May 21, 10 12:29 AM
Thanks for the great review, I think I'll try it out!

[Post New]by Ninelka on May 21, 10 12:53 AM
I think it is a very nice game, going to buy it.

[Post New]by Meri1852 on May 21, 10 1:06 AM
I have always liked this series of games and this "almost" didn't disappoint. It gets my (who cares ) for good graphics and the storyline. I usually turn the sound off, but I didn't in this game. The sound was not distracting.

[Post New]by walkingfool2 on May 21, 10 5:31 AM
i got stuck when i couldn't find the broom to sweep the sand to find the worm to go fishing. but it was fun, won't purchase, but it was fun.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 21, 10 5:58 PM
Very Enjoyable, quality game. Wonderful mystical graphics and imagination.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 26, 10 2:41 PM
bought it and finished too quickly...guess I was further along than I thought...or its a really short game.
Well drawn, plot thin, decent minigames and an ok HOG, but wait until it's a DD

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 29, 10 10:35 PM

Rosie28sammy,
Everyone has their own way of deciding whether or not to purchase a game. If you don't like to read the reviews then that's your choice. I was offering some helpful hints to SueDee, who purchased the game first and found out it was too short. It is really not up to BF to tell people it's a short game - playing time is subjective anyway. What might take one person 10 hours to play could take another an hour or two. Yes, BF is very helpful and friendly but a gamer has to take some responsibility when deciding to buy a game - especially when there are tools like reviews/demos/walkthroughs readily available.

And I was just trying to be helpful to SueDee by letting her know about the walkthroughs. I was also simply explaining that not everyone reads the reviews before they purchase a game and they really should not be penalized by anyone for voicing their opinon or thinking that a game is too short or for not reading other reviews beforehand. As you said everyone has their own way of doing things. Regardless, BF does have a policy where if you are unhappy with a game, they will refund your purchase so if it isn't a problem for BF than it really shouldn't be a problem for us gamers.

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 10:38:42 PM PST

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on May 31, 10 7:10 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:bought it and finished too quickly...guess I was further along than I thought...or its a really short game.
Well drawn, plot thin, decent minigames and an ok HOG, but wait until it's a DD

I agree .. and since HOGs are not my favourites, I would go with "really short".

edit: and no, not really worth the candle

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 7:43:01 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 2, 10 1:27 AM
Considering I'm quite a slow player, looking at the walkthrough, I realised I wasn't very far from the end after the demo, so not a buy for me. Still looking for a nice, great, long game....(I have the Puppet Show, 1 and 2) ...........

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jun 8, 10 8:43 AM
This was a relaxing game with very nice graphics and enjoyable, though easy, game play. It had its good points mainly due to visual appeal, but it does not really measure up to other games out there. As most have pointed out, it was just too short. Also, the story was not very engaging in my opinion.

It was quite similar to several other island games from earlier this year. Secret Mission - the Forgotten Island, for example, which was longer and more interactive, with a better storyline.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 30, 10 2:29 PM
This game has technical potential. The balloon bursts when you realize there is little relationship between the story, if there is an intelligible story line, -I couldn't wait that long, maybe it fills out later- and the garbage pile of random objects that didn't fit the milieu.

The graphics and mechanics worked but the music was so unimpressive that I don't even remember whether I liked it or not. Some would say "that's a good thing."

Alas, came close, but no banana...

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jul 4, 10 1:01 AM
I went ahead and used a punch credit to buy the game. I thought it was very enjoyable, great sound effects and mini puzzles, just the right amount of objects hidden as to not find them immediately. My only complaint, as with other's -- the game was way too short. I took my time after reading the comments and before purchasing, and would estimate that I could have almost finished the game if I had downloaded the "try this game" option. Oh well, I did have fun playing it and that's what's important.

rpcv
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rpcv on Jul 5, 10 8:38 AM
Nice, but too short! Like the sounds and graphics, the puzzles are challenging, but I am really disappointed that it ends so soon. Not sure it's worth buying. Seems as if there should be a lot more to be a full game.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jul 23, 10 11:15 PM
I only finished it because I like to finish things.

Several times I'd click on something 1-2 times, use a hint, and the hint would be the item I had already tried. After a couple times I'd click 3 times, and sometimes that would work, but not always.

The graphics were nice, the music ok, the tasks poorly explained. I got so fed up at the end I started using the hint often, just so I could get to the (abrupt) end.

I'm deleting this one from my computer.

[Post New]by Challenger4 on Aug 25, 10 8:04 PM
I agree, too short. Not worth the money, but maybe a credit.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jul 1, 11 3:41 PM
Not a bad H.O. but the scenes images weren't clear

[Post New]by goodoodreaming on Oct 23, 11 4:04 PM
I thought there must have been something wrong with my computer when this game suddenly ended - short is putting it mildly. Nice graphics, clear, little fun though and ends before it begins. Who ever designed this game did well in the graphics arena, but please it was like a version not yet finalised, just the outline and then published.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 24, 11 1:21 PM
Well it definately had an abrupt ending...good grief, I was just getting into the story! However, I totally enjoyed this game. LOTS of HOGS, but they were so different. HOGS inside of HOGS and HOGS that depended on items from others. Great. Nice graphics and sound effects. HOG items are small and they can be difficult. Easy to get really cocky about how easy it is to find something and then it is not so easy. I used the HINT quite often. Good thing it recharges quickly. Mini games are good but you can skip them if you get stuck or run out of patience. No penalty for it. It does have that obnoxious quick click penalty. I really hate those. Anyway, good game. It was nice to have a break from haunted houses, demon possessed towns and asylums....although I do those love those games to.

Go to: