Re:Your Comments and Review for Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by laurasimonuk on May 19, 10 2:41 PM
I absolutely love this game. I just finished the demo and thought, before i buy it with real money check out how long it is because so many games seem short these days and i finish them just after the hour demo. I am bored of the IHOG's coming out and this is just brilliant. I love all the mini games, its quite obvious what to do but still challenging, the hint system is brilliant and the hidden object scenes remind me of some from my childhood where it is just an outline of the object which is the same colour as the background. I particularly LOVE when i have to find, say 10 weapons, or 25 butterflys, brilliant. More like this please

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on May 19, 10 2:58 PM
Fabulous game!

[Post New]by GeorgeXXIII on May 19, 10 3:05 PM
I am going to buy this game because of the great reviews i've seen here. I'm not too worried about romantic themes. Hope i'll be able to hold myself together anyway.

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on May 19, 10 5:34 PM
Story line seemed good, and seemed to be promising, but, objects were so small I had a very hard time finding most objects. It's frustrating if I have to keep using a hint to find anything. I won't be purchasing this game.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 19, 10 8:00 PM
Fantastic game! Completed 2 levels and I am totally hooked! I was not going to buy any more HOG type games, but this broke that resolution. LOL At least I used one of the game coupons from last month, so that's good, right??

Hidden objects are well hidden without being impossible if you really look for them.

Love the story line - she's a metalsmith and that works into the first level.

I even like the puzzles. I thought they were different (please, no more pipe puzzles! I HATE those!) and challenging without being impossible to solve.

Graphics - fantastic detail!

Voices - very good.

I even like the music!

Am I going to sit down and race to finish it? No, I'm going to take my time. This is a game I'm going to savor and enjoy. Haven't gotten to romantic part yet, but I have a good idea where that's going based on one of the puzzles. for the game and and to the developers! Many more like this, please!

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on May 19, 10 8:03 PM
Absolutely one of the best, most enjoyable games ever! Can't wait for Part II - and I have ordered the book so I can find out what happens!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 19, 10 8:06 PM
sonofstar wrote:Did some more checking about this game. It's based on a novel and the author of the novel wrote the game script. I thought that was the best written script I'd ever seen in a game. Now I know why. The words flowed and everything seemed so appropriate. Other game developers would really do themselves a huge favor to hire someone with sufficient credentials to write a decent game script. It really leant so much towards making the game that much more enjoyable.

The other thing I really liked about the game is that the hidden objects were location and time appropriate. I get so tired of hunting through museums for children's racing cars and items that don't belong anywhere within the game. Everything in Tiger Eye was meant to be part of the scene. What a refreshing change!

I agree with you! Good writing can make a so-so game wonderful. Bad writing can pull down even the best game. If only more developers would realize that...

Don't you always wonder how in the world ancient Egypt (or wherever) came up with microscopes and umbrellas? I love a game where the objects stay in the time period and make sense in the context of the game.

[Post New]by minniesamson on May 19, 10 9:20 PM
This is the best hidden object game I have ever seen and played. The fact that this game is different from other hidden object games makes it so much more fun to play and the story in this game has really made a huge impression on me. I sure hope that there will be more games such as this one soon.
Thank you so much for creating this game

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 19, 10 10:36 PM
Wow, some of these comments are just making our hearts swell with pride! We put a ton of effort and some very long hours in the last seven months creating Tiger Eye, our very first project as an independent studio, and are really happy that so many people are getting a great experience from it! Thanks for all your comments and constructive feedback!

-melissa, passionfruit developer

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on May 19, 10 11:47 PM
O WOW

I played the Demo after reading the rave reviews...boy that was a QUICK hour

I enjoyed the flow of the story, totally different & awesome & engaging

The comic book graphics & scenes are crisp & not blurring as well as the mini games that were different & enjoyable*we do have a large screen desktop so those with laptops sized minitors may have some difficulty finding the smaller objects.

The actual IHOG portions were a touch challenging, but not too dumb & easy & THANKFULLY time period appropriate.

Not sure of music, I have a habit if turning off sound in demo, but reviews are good

I am not sure of replayability , But I am sure both DH & myself will enjoy this game in a nice relaxing manner, since the hints are easily obtained on the semi rare occasion you may require them.

This is well worth the $6.99

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 19, 10 11:59 PM
There must be something far wrong with me. You all liked this game...I didn't ! Not a buy for me.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 20, 10 3:38 AM
I never heard of Tiger Eye but it was a great game and well worth the $. I could see I'm not the best at small word games and thankfully I was able to go past them.
I'm not a fan of the romantic cartoon bit...might have been when a teenager so I'd zip past the uncomfortable romantic scenes.
Great music, nice length of games, great HOGS ..just sorry that I have to wait for PART 2. Sigh.
Kris_cross48

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on May 20, 10 7:03 AM
Oh be still my heart!!! I must be getting mushy in my 'old' age. I think I'm in love!!

As with all the other fishies, I think this is one of the most interesting games I've played (and that's a lot)...Brilliant, entertaining, easy on the eyes, Great on the ears..which is a real delight, loved the music, and to boot, you get to use your brain too.

To the developers, congratulations on coming up with something new. PLEASE keep up the great work, and hurry with next installment.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 20, 10 7:55 AM
deesi wrote:Story line seemed good, and seemed to be promising, but, objects were so small I had a very hard time finding most objects. It's frustrating if I have to keep using a hint to find anything. I won't be purchasing this game.

Once your eyes know what they are suppose to look for it's quite easy to find the objects. I didn't use the hint button once to find the objects.
I have now finished the game, and it the mini games were getting tougher all the time (had to use a walkthrough for some of those).
On the positive side: Great graphics, nice storyline, great gameplay.
On the negative side: Too much talk between Dela and Huri, and it got way too mushy. Also, some of the scenes are rather sexually inclined. For example, at the end, when Dela was helping Huri to close his seat belt - the way Huri acted and what he said wasn't exactly something for for kids to hear and see. Not really something for a Hidden Object game, especially since those 2 haven't known each other for more than a minute.
BTW, there will be another cut scene after the credits have finished. So watch carefully.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on May 20, 10 1:49 PM
I found the game to be one big YAWN...........

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on May 20, 10 2:20 PM
Too bad, Valdy! I never had a game that had just the right amount of talk and it wasn't mushy. It did say there were romantic themes, isn't it possible that the game is for gamers over 16!! Use your common sense and pay attention to the description. It was cute! And you must have a "dirty mind" to think the way you describe. Uu-ugh, disgusting!

[Post New]by bluetea on May 20, 10 3:02 PM
story is cliched at first glance but gets very interesting!
gameplay needs a little work tho.
overall i enjoyed my first hour.

Edited on 05/20/2010 at 3:02:34 PM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on May 20, 10 4:35 PM
I quite enjoyed the demo. I wasn't too sure at first, because of the 'romantic theme', but had to laugh when Hari got rebuffed by whatsername (oops, memory's gone - I wonder where I put it ?)

I had a look on Amazon when I read a post mentioning it's based on a book, and it seems to be the first in a series, with different heroes and heroines in each one - a detective agency (Dirk and Steele - wonderful name lol) seems to be the link between the books.

I will probably buy this game - as others have mentioned, the objects to find are logical for the story and I really like that.

Jen.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on May 20, 10 8:39 PM
I loved this game. It drove me crazy until I finished it 3 times to unlock the extras. I did have to use the walkthru a few times, but at least I wanted to play it again. So many games I buy and then once I am done I don't want to play them again.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 21, 10 12:44 AM
My, well, this is certainly an interesting game! I will say that it definitely isn't a game for kids and I really wish my daughter hadn't been in the same room with me when I was trialing it. The part about him "pleasuring her" was sort of well funny/odd/silly as were other parts. So, either keep the volume down when playing or play with no one else in the room. I got some very strange looks from DD and DH while I was demoing it.

At first I really didn't care for it at all. Some of the objects were really small and some of the scenes were really dark. The minigames were for the most part interesting, but easy. I plodded through the trial thinking it was definitely being removed after the trial was over, but I found myself wanting to find out the rest of the story. I am certainly not into psychic games, but the storyline started to get somewhat interesting so if I need to fill up another card for the month, I might get it. Although if I do, I'll make sure to play when no one else is in the room, lol.

Go to: