BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by BSF0819 on May 23, 10 12:46 PM
Enjoyable game. May or may not buy it.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on May 23, 10 1:10 PM
This game doesn't last too long, and combined with the extra game, I still think that this was just not worth the money. It was far too easy, and quite predictable.

The upside is that the graphics were very good. Would I buy another Strange Cases? Probably not.

[Post New]by MogsYaya on May 23, 10 5:54 PM
I bought this game and suggest you wait until it comes down in price...didnt feel it was worth the money...

[Post New]by Dillic on May 23, 10 9:35 PM
I purchased this game im very disappointed in it, the game play was to dark to find a lot of the objects,the ending is to be totally honest pathetic. I know that theres another one of these to follow this one. My advice save your money. The extra's are not worth the money . If i had to give it marks out of 20 i would give it 9.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 9:37:10 PM PST

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 24, 10 7:04 AM
I just finished this game. It took me about 3 days total. I would leave it and come back. It was intriguing. I followed along pretty well. I did skip some puzzles. I will replay for sure because I was caught up in how the story ended and did not want to solve the puzzles near the end. So I have lots of replay left. I have not played the extra as yet. Before I bought this one I bought the other one the Tarot Card mystery. That game was okay and easy to follow. This game has some improvements. I especially liked being able to choose which item I was looking for. It had HOG, IHOG, and FROG elements. I was entertained by the whole thing. I did not use the strategy guide but I would have if I needed to. The music was okay, and it does have a downloadable sound track which will be nice for some of us. I played with sound on and off depending on my environment at the time. I'm glad I indulged my curiosity.
Nana

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 24, 10 4:16 PM
just finished the demo, was disappointed it was over, ended up at the house/garage/yard and had opened the safe. enjoyed the newness of it, and have no problem going back and forth from one room or scene to another. if i remember correctly, same idea in RTR and the Beckett series. for the most part the hidden objects were easy to locate and i found the mini games solveable (word?) without accessing the strategy guide. i did use the hint button a couple of times, hard to see some of the darker objects on the brown cards because my room is so sunlit (skylight and window) and i can't wait til dark to play. interested in the salem witch trials game forthcoming, so will research that before i buy a CE. Have bought CE before (Dire Grove for one) and don't mind occasionally spending a little more moolah, but the games have to be worth the extra. jury still out on this one. i appreciate all the comments and respect the decisions from all you fishies, very helpful. (my impatience sometimes gets the best of me!) btw, i bought the deadtime stories, and liked the game very much, however, no change up on repeat play....

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on May 25, 10 1:19 AM
Loved it. Also liked the extra game play at the end which was quite lengthy compared with others.
Thoroughly enjoyed it -

scubiepro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scubiepro on May 25, 10 6:36 PM
The game was good...Not worth the money though. I had harder for 6.99 and this one should have gone for the same price. For a collectors game I expected and played more games for the price I paid, but not with this one. the extras really do not cover the price and the bonus game should have ben included in the game and as hard, challenging. I am trully bummed.......

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 25, 10 8:14 PM
not for me

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 26, 10 1:41 AM
I am very happy we purchased this game, a fine nights entertainment!
Quality graphics , music and story. Really enjoyed it. More like this one please.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on May 26, 10 11:24 PM
I'm another granny to the group and have rarely commented in the forums on games but now have so many iHOG and match 3 games that it's time to start to participate. I was disappointed with this game, especially because it is a collectors edition when I usually expect and get a fine quality game. My favorites are iHOG and then match 3 for relaxation. I'm a big fan of mystery books, thus enjoy these games. The sound was very poor on my DL for some reason. Thought the story line was mediocre in comparison to some other really good games and a bit on the easy side; I often need to consult a guide/walkthrough on occasion but not for this one. Not a purchase for me, but it is a straightforward and fairly easy game and will be enjoyable to many.

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 27, 10 6:04 AM
Waazzaa mentions an FHOG. What is an FHOG? And how about a FROG? I'm a little dense when it comes to the initials?

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 6:09:50 AM PST

jblad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jblad on May 27, 10 6:23 AM
I bought this game and enjoyed it mostly..but I do feel it's too short for the CE price..although I haven't played the extra bonus game yet...I did find the electrical connection game strange in that I made all the connections light up but it wouldn't light up the final "contact" don't know if that's a bug or not...not enuf explanation to determine if there were multiple ways of doing that game or not either...

other than that enjoyable and smooth

pinkjacket
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by pinkjacket on May 27, 10 11:44 AM
Seldom do I buy CE but I did and I LOVED THIS GAME. In the process of doing the Extras now - don't want it to end. I think I have spent 5-7 hours on it all-told. This game is great.

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 28, 10 10:34 AM
Waazzaa wrote:Thanks to all for the good reviews.

I tried this, and made it through about 40 minutes. I found the HOG portions tedious, so it's a no-buy for me. I prefer games that are more interactive, and really love FHOGs (wish a nice one would come out), so if anyone else is of the same mind, I don't think this game is for you.

Waazzaa, what is a FHOG? And can you tell me what a FROG is too?

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 28, 10 6:36 PM
I really enjoyed this game and agree with the positive comments - nice graphics with a good story and very smooth and varied game play. I liked it better than the first one (Tarot Cards) - it seemed more interactive.

The thing I did not really like, though, was the ending of this game. The 6th chapter was much easier and shorter than the rest of the game - it seemed like a bit of a rush job there at the end. Also, you could not access the strategy guide without exiting from the game, which I thought was poor design. The bonus chapter was good, however, and overall the game had a pretty good length.

I would definitely recommend this game and I will probably replay both of them one day.

Looking forward to Part 3!

sorcha1970
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Nice Afternoon of Gameplay

[Post New]by sorcha1970 on May 29, 10 9:20 AM
I thought this was a nice game. Not overly hard. There is no real value in replay.

I bought the collector's edition (no willpower). I recommend waiting. The extras were just not worth it.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on May 29, 10 9:29 AM
I liked the graphics-and the game isn't difficult intuitively-but Ii did have a bit of a problem finding 3 pieces of objects-probably my eyesight. I would buy it again, but for those who wonder wait for the regular, or buy the CE, I'd wait. I really don't use the wallpapers, etc-and I didn't need the strategy guide-the things I couldn't find someone told me where to look on the forum. Oh, thanks, Sorcha.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on May 30, 10 2:23 AM
Well my problems is that I do not read the reviews. I got it sight unseenbut I liked the story little slow loved the graphic I liked the two different stories and coming to a neat close. But I should have read the reviews and waited for the $6.99.

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on May 31, 10 9:37 AM
***MILD STORYLINE SPOILER ALERT***

This is a Hidden Object Game (HOG) with puzzles. There are three types of hidden object searches: list, silhouette, and pieces-parts (not sure what the correct term is ). Overall this is a pleasant diversion but an unexceptional game. Wait for the $6.99 version.

I played "Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery" just before starting this game and was expecting a step up in the gaming experience. Sadly, I was disappointed.

The game play itself is fine with clearly drawn scenes and puzzles that mostly relate to the storyline and game play. The hotspots on the screen for interactive objects and directional arrows are tricky to find sometimes. Move your cursor a bit slower when you enter a new scene. I completely missed a puzzle in Chapter 4 and a duct entrance in Chapter 5 due to this problem.

Chapter 3 at the old cabin was, for me, the most enjoyable and challenging until the villain shows up. The storyline twist there is just silly.

In Chapters 4 and 5 the puzzles are less intuitive and have little to do with the story. The surveillance room puzzle in Chapter 4 is difficult to find, as is the interactive area in the Media Room in Chapter 5. The security panel puzzle in Chapter 4 is fun because it is a different type of puzzle than usual.

Chapter 6 is a waste and the dream sequence completely out of place. The ending is a disappointment.

The Bonus Chapter would be more properly labeled as the storyline introduction. The puzzles should have been integrated into the main game.

Overall the game is a pleasant diversion but an unexceptional game. Again, I got the feeling that the Big Boss at Big Fish told the game developer that “3 hours is enough game play. Wrap it up.” The bonus material is not worth the additional $13. Wait for the $6.99 version.

I give it 3.5 out of 5

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 9:38:53 AM PST

Go to: