Re:Welcome to The Heritage forum

[Post New]by klspet on May 25, 10 2:33 PM
Am having the same problem...Have installed the update and get to the nth level and it starts all ov er at the beginning..Going on my third time Hope I can get thru it this time!

[Post New]by towncardot on May 25, 10 3:22 PM
OhPamela wrote:Just wanted to say I'm sorry so many people had problems with the game, I almost didn't get it! This is the first time that I had no problems what so ever with a game! I really enjoyed all the aspects of this one!

I am at chapter 9 and the key will not open the dresser drawer, what am I doing wrong

[Post New]by kjmaggie on May 25, 10 4:04 PM
Installed the update and now the game doesn't kick me back to the start.... instead, it hangs on the first locket picture. The help button works, but neither the Close or Menu buttons work. I'm having to Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit the game. I look forward to the fix.

All in all, I remain a big fan of Big Fish.
M

[Post New]by lottalove124 on May 25, 10 4:57 PM
I just installed this game and cant get past the open locket ( chapter one) I have uninstalled it and went back in and still the same problem. cant get to menue or close. Have to shut my computer down to get out

[Post New]by nosmo99_us on May 25, 10 5:45 PM
I have downloaded BOTH "fixes" for this game and now cant even get past the first level!!!! I want my credit back for this game

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on May 25, 10 10:39 PM
debxania wrote:Hey wager371... How did you get past the locket?
I'm having the same problem can't get passed the locket.

xirone
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by xirone on May 26, 10 9:07 AM
I guess I´m one of the lucky ones that didn´t have any problems with playing the game. I love it but then I´ve always been a sucker for these type of games.
The voice in the beginning and end, was however very low, the other sounds was normal, and In some of the scenes I didn´t finish all of the collecting or the puzzles, the game said everything was finished and moved on to the next chapter. So, well over all I liked it, the little bugs I had don´t bother me much.

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 9:25:22 AM PST

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on May 26, 10 10:19 AM
Ditto on the lucky part. I made it through the demo, decided I just had to know how it continued, bought it and finished it. I'm a little curious as to what decision she actually made at the end, but it was a good game. Had to make use of the hint feature but that's what it's there for! Tried to skip as little as possible. This is a good game. Maybe even a Good game. Just for the tech issues alone it can't be a Great game yet. I'd recommend this game for purchase.

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on May 26, 10 5:39 PM
[b]

Has anyone got the answer to the 'locked at the locket' problem?

Z

[Post New]by nosmo99_us on May 27, 10 9:47 AM
No

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 27, 10 10:56 AM
This is a problem that seems to be happening on some specific machines and on Vista only. It would help very much if players who are finding locked at the locket could contact CS describing the problem and using the Dr. Felix tool.

For those who are having this problem: Do the smoke plays? Do the button flashes when you point the mouse over "menu" or "close" or "help", play the sound etc?

Thanks

[Post New]by patbri47 on May 27, 10 5:40 PM
I deleted it and reinstalled it but still getting put back to the begining. Got to chapter 9 once then when locket opened was back to chapter one but no picture to click had to start again. If it is not working what am I to do? I am tired of having to start over and over and ovewr and getting no where.

[Post New]by kjmaggie on May 27, 10 7:09 PM
more detail on the hang up....
Hardware: Hp Pavilion dv6700 laptop, amd 64 x2
Op Sys: windows vista home premium
Heritage info:

After picking up all the pieces and the memory locket (I get the first memory scene okay), I enter the door and get the locket scene. I watch the locket open. Nothing but mottled gray on the interior of the locket. The two lights on either side will light up based on mouse hovering over them, but there is no activity. The Close button is red and does not operate. The menu button is blue and does not operate. The help button is blue and will send me to the help screen. I can get back to the locket scene by exiting the help screen, but the hot spots (or luke warm spots) are still the same.

All three buttons in the locket scene will be highlighted on mouse hover and make a sound during the hover.

I have to Ctrl-alt-del to exit the program.

Hope this helps.
Margaret

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 27, 10 7:30 PM
patbri47 wrote:I deleted it and reinstalled it but still getting put back to the begining. Got to chapter 9 once then when locket opened was back to chapter one but no picture to click had to start again. If it is not working what am I to do? I am tired of having to start over and over and ovewr and getting no where.

Sorry for this. A new update is going to be announced once it is tested on BFG machines.

whogirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by whogirl on May 28, 10 7:43 AM
I didn't have any problems until I downloaded the update. Now I'm having the same problem as everyone else. BTW, I have windows 7.

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 7:44:54 AM PST

LOCAMP
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by LOCAMP on May 28, 10 9:22 AM
jlandrist wrote:I am having the same problem with repeating the 1st scene. I've lost 12 minutes of game time because of it. Glad I'm not the only one but really disappointed that there is no resolution yet!

[Post New]by Treacle_murphy on May 28, 10 10:35 AM
any idea when a fix for this 'locked on locket' problem is going to be available??

Sunny8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Sunny8 on May 28, 10 12:07 PM
Any news about an update for us that the two updates did not help?

rick2677
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rick2677 on May 28, 10 1:02 PM
I am having the same problem I even did the update but I just can not get past the door it shows the locket then Im right back finding the stuff out side

[Post New]by purplesam on May 28, 10 1:28 PM
i to am having this problem, does BFG not have a solution?

Go to: