Locket Issue Fixed!

Sunny8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Locket Fix coming soon

[Post New]by Sunny8 on May 23, 10 11:59 AM
I downloaded the fix, re-installed, rebooted my computer and still am playing the first level. I even tried changing player name. Am I doing something wrong?

[Post New]by Cindylubelle on May 23, 10 12:03 PM
I have played half of the time allotted for the trial and can not get by the locket, once the locket problem is fixed can I go back and play the entire trial before I either have to delete the game or buy it?

jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on May 23, 10 1:09 PM
chris122049 wrote:This is why I love Big Fish..............when there are problems, Big Fish is terrific!

that's crap...noir stories is still not working...

[Post New]by lindam1142 on May 23, 10 1:16 PM
Still isn't corrected. Upgraded - got to level 13 - went back to level one. someone fell down on the job!

terri88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by terri88 on May 23, 10 1:18 PM
where is this fix? i have tried uninstalling the game and re installing and checked on game manager but no updates please help as i can now do the 1st level with my eyes shut but can get no further

thagrouch19
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by thagrouch19 on May 23, 10 1:36 PM
Here is what i suggest. Before you put a game on your site you should test them or even have members test it for you so you will know what to fix on the games you put out to purchase, i know you have the options to try but if its fudged up then you lose out on the tria version. not fair to players to try trial and not get to play it without the hassle of bugs. just a suggestion. maybe this is a way to see if the games you put out have issues.

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on May 23, 10 1:38 PM
Installed the fix this morning and just played the demo, sorry it did not fix anything. Still stuck in the locket and keeps sending me back to the beginning. And I did reboot my computer as some have suggested in prior posts. Only thing I did not do was uninstall and reinstall since have never had to do that before on tech issue related fixes for other games.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 1:41:05 PM PST

[Post New]by mamacat2many on May 23, 10 1:43 PM
I got to 13 and kick back, me not happy, unistall reinstall and booted the computer, NO FIX here yet so not sure when that is going to happen, already bought the game, it was fun and a great game but what good is a game you can't play or there is no fix for the problem.

Edited on 05/23/2010 at 1:44:43 PM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 23, 10 2:10 PM
I just downloaded this at about 1:30 p.m. BFG time, and I couldn't get past Chapter 1. Very frustrating!

I came to check out the walkthrough to see what I was doing wrong, but instead saw this thread. I doubt that I will be purchasing this game even if the problem is fixed, since I can't be sure that there isn't another problem later in the game!

kkhamjani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kkhamjani on May 23, 10 2:16 PM
what is your definition of "soon" ???

[Post New]by scdoiron on May 23, 10 2:45 PM
I downloaded the game last night and tried to get past the first chapter's locket about 5 times before coming to the forum and seeing that there was a problem and I would have to wait for the fix. Now it's 24 hours later, I logged onto my game manager, saw that there was an update for this game, so downloaded the update thinking that this was the "fix" that was needed. Not so. Played the first chapter, the locket opened up and when I clicked on "close" to move onto the 2nd chapter, I was right back at the beginning of the game again. So . . . what am I doing wrong? Or . . . when is the REAL fix going to be sent out?

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 23, 10 3:24 PM
Hey Fishies!

Thanks so much for your continued patience. We're still working on getting this issue completely resolved so hang in there! We will absolutely update the forums first when we have more information to report. Thanks again and we're so sorry for the inconvenience.

-bfgZambezi

epaldino
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by epaldino on May 23, 10 3:27 PM
I have installed the critical update and it's still not working. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled it. When will it be fixed?

[Post New]by Safetydummy on May 23, 10 3:31 PM
Where exactly does one find this 'update' if/when it becomes available and works correctly? I must have played the first level 5 times thinking there was something more to do (thanks to the vague "Hint" system). lol

Mischie
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mischie on May 23, 10 3:35 PM
Hi Picman
am a bit confused as have read that some fishies have received their locket fix. am still waiting for mine
thanks Mischie

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 23, 10 5:05 PM
The "fix" didn't fix the problem, Mischie.

Safetydummy, you will see a notice on your game manager. I'm sure they will also post it in this thread, so check back.

[Post New]by Safetydummy on May 23, 10 5:29 PM
Thanks BinLa. That helps.

[Post New]by cutegirl36 on May 23, 10 6:22 PM
I agree with most people here in that this game shouldn't have been released with such a major glitch. I have already purchased this game as well as many others and I think that Big Fish should reimburse everyone who purchased this game and if and when it is fixed we should receive it for free.

kkhamjani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kkhamjani on May 23, 10 7:22 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

Thanks so much for your continued patience. We're still working on getting this issue completely resolved so hang in there! We will absolutely update the forums first when we have more information to report. Thanks again and we're so sorry for the inconvenience.

-bfgZambezi

Is there a possibility of the game being fixed today, or does everyone have the day off? I'm so anxious to play this game... I know where everything on the first screen is located, for sure, lol.

kkhamjani
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kkhamjani on May 23, 10 7:24 PM
In the meantime, can anyone recommend another good game similar to this one? My favorite to date has been the Curse of Isis, and I've tried all the MCF games.

Suggestions very much appreciated!

Go to: