Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by oakraidergrl4lif on May 25, 10 2:06 PM
Thanks for fixing the problem.I'm glad I wasn't the only one having issues with the game. Each time I passed the chapter and get to the locket, I couldn't advance.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 25, 10 2:28 PM
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:I have installed and reinstalled this game five times with both of the updates. The same problem still exists with a new one added now. At the point where the locket opens after the first chapter the game freezes totally. I had to go to Task Manager to close it. This has happened several times now.

I'm about done with this game. BFG needs to take this game off the website and not allow anyone else to download it. This game is a mess.

same thing just happened with me the locket opens there are no pictures in it and I cant close it out I had to completely turn the power off on my computer from the power switch .Im really disappointed with bigfish- all this installing -uninstalling and rebooting my computer is really harmful to it .I don't know whats been going on with bigfish but they should really take a step back and find out what they are doing wrong because at this point Im afraid to try any new games here this is the 3rd one I have had major problems with and all the fixes do nothing . this would not have happened a few months ago when there were never any game problems and the rare one they had was always fixed right .

[Post New]by every1smom8995 on May 25, 10 2:33 PM
Has anyone else got the new UPDATED version. I have only received one updated and that made it worse. If this was the new UPDATED version BFG really needs to go back to the drawing board with this game. This is complete nonsense. I have bought a number of games, but this one is now on my DO NOT BUY list.

epaldino
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by epaldino on May 25, 10 2:36 PM
Still not working for me. I uninstalled then reinstalled and now after level one the screen just remains stuck on the open locket. I can't click menu or close.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 25, 10 2:36 PM
ojrufee wrote:
smcy08 wrote:Sometimes things don't work out as planned, that doesn't mean you should get something free. They're already letting you try all of these games for free, and when you choose to buy a game you get it for $6.99 with no commitment to buy more. They're trying to fix the bugs, be patient. It is just a game, the world will not end if you have to wait a while to play it. If it turns out that it will never work then you can ask for your money back. Send in the information you can so they can try to pinpoint the problems quicker and fix them.

I don't think that was well said at all, I think that was rude. People have a right to voice their opinions.

I agree!!! we are not getting it for free we are paying 6.99 for it you get to play free for one hour and not even that if the game does not work ,not to mention all this installing and un installing and computer crasher that are damaging to the PC . if bigfish is going to put a game up for sale It should work if not dont put it up for sale thats thats . I had problems with this game and big problems with that Hotel game which I did pay 6.99 for . maybe some people have money to burn but I have to do a lot of surveys to get 6.99

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on May 25, 10 3:44 PM
Saw that a new updated version was available at 2:06 pm. Uninstalled, redownloaded and still the same problem Locket stuck open with no picture and screen freezes. I have had it with this game. I checked for any other new updates and none showed up.

I too will be asking for a credit. If this thing is not fixed by tomorrow I am done.

Was a good game, but this is too frustrating for me.

[Post New]by smcy08 on May 25, 10 4:12 PM
lorialcorn2006 wrote:
ojrufee wrote:
smcy08 wrote:Sometimes things don't work out as planned, that doesn't mean you should get something free. They're already letting you try all of these games for free, and when you choose to buy a game you get it for $6.99 with no commitment to buy more. They're trying to fix the bugs, be patient. It is just a game, the world will not end if you have to wait a while to play it. If it turns out that it will never work then you can ask for your money back. Send in the information you can so they can try to pinpoint the problems quicker and fix them.

I don't think that was well said at all, I think that was rude. People have a right to voice their opinions.

I agree!!! we are not getting it for free we are paying 6.99 for it you get to play free for one hour and not even that if the game does not work ,not to mention all this installing and un installing and computer crasher that are damaging to the PC . if bigfish is going to put a game up for sale It should work if not dont put it up for sale thats thats . I had problems with this game and big problems with that Hotel game which I did pay 6.99 for . maybe some people have money to burn but I have to do a lot of surveys to get 6.99

People do have the right to voice their opinion, so do I. I don't think that someone should get a free game because the trial didn't work. If you paid for it, tell customer service, they'll refund it, and I agree with that. Also, BF tells you to do the trials first, then buy it, I can only assume it is for situations like this.

[Post New]by flowercrazy40 on May 25, 10 4:53 PM
Not only did this game NOT start me over in terms of time I spent on it the first go around, but it froze on me at the very first locket and I couldn't even get back to the menu or click close for the locket! Not happy about this game at all.

[Post New]by ljsgirl on May 25, 10 4:58 PM
this game does not work an i want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by roovhull on May 25, 10 4:59 PM
umh...........i can't remember which chapter i was at but it messed up again and i got to the locket after the dude married the new chick!

bkfrenchy
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bkfrenchy on May 25, 10 5:34 PM
Ditto for me!!!!! NEXT

wolfrun_cb1 wrote:I have installed and reinstalled this game five times with both of the updates. The same problem still exists with a new one added now. At the point where the locket opens after the first chapter the game freezes totally. I had to go to Task Manager to close it. This has happened several times now.

I'm about done with this game. BFG needs to take this game off the website and not allow anyone else to download it. This game is a mess.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 25, 10 5:59 PM
donna_lee2004 wrote:Not a chance I am going to download the Felix fix thing. The developers should have known how it would react on each system before releasing. Yes small bugs will come up most likely but not to this extent.

So basically, you're expecting every developer to have one computer for each system configuration that is possible to make and test each game on every one of these computers? Do you realize that you are expecting each developer to have hundreds if not thousands of computers of their own just to test their games on? If you think I'm exaggerating, just take a look at how many motherboards, video cards, sound cards, CPU chips, and many other parts of a computer are out there....and this doesn't even BEGIN to include all the combinations of different software that could possibly interfere with how a game works...and try to picture all the possible combinations of those things, and you will see that this is not an exaggeration at all. It's also an impossibility to achieve. There will ALWAYS be issues that get missed because the particular test systems didn't have the configurations that triggered the issue. Computer code doesn't work randomly to create problems for some users and not for others without outside influences meaning the particular computer system being used.

I don't know you're so afraid of the Dr. Felix program. The only information it provides is a particular computer configuration so that the game behavior on it can be analyzed to find out what might be causing the glitches. There isn't anything dangerous about it.

[Post New]by moosa3 on May 25, 10 6:06 PM
Hi - I'm new to the forum so if I do something wrong, please let me know. I tried The Heritage the first day it came out and ran into the same problem as everyone else with the 'locket'. Today when I saw you had an update I purchase the game since I only had 1 minute remaining and downloaded the update. It still didn't work so I removed the original game and downloaded the 'new-improved - fixed' version. It still doesn't work. Is it just me this time? Please advise. I know this paticular game is a problem right now but in the past Big Fish has been wonderful fixing problems etc. and by far the best game club I've ever used. I have been a member for over a year now and am still really happy with you. Just fix the game please. It looks like a good one. Thanks!

[Post New]by grams5b4g on May 25, 10 6:07 PM
I have downloaded this game so many times, including the new "update" STILL THE SAME OLD PROBLEM. IT IS STILL KICKING BACK TO BEGINNING OF GAME. I DONT THINK IT WILL LET ME DOWNLOAD AGAIN AS YOUR RULES STATE ONLY 3 TIMES. I THINK A REFUND WOULD BE REFERRED TO PERSONS WANTING ANOTHER GAME.

Dekep
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Dekep on May 25, 10 6:21 PM
Updates didn.t help. Some really serious issues with this game. I am jelous of everyone who got beyond the first chapter.

[Post New]by Mpick54 on May 25, 10 6:21 PM
wow all these complaints add me to it I used up all my free trial time just trying to get pass chapter one. nothing i do helps. i wrote the help people telling them i want my free minutes back when they finally do fix it. Will let you all know when they reply

[Post New]by Puddytat912 on May 25, 10 6:31 PM
Well i AGAIN deleted the game and reinstalled it, and a BIG NOTHING happened after i AGAIN did the porch scene. Clicked on the lockets, the arrows, menu, close, help and NOTHING> I had to hit cntrl, alt and delete to even get out of it. I GIVE UP ON THIS GAME. GLAD I DIDN'T BUY IT

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 25, 10 6:35 PM
grams5b4g wrote:I have downloaded this game so many times, including the new "update" STILL THE SAME OLD PROBLEM. IT IS STILL KICKING BACK TO BEGINNING OF GAME. I DONT THINK IT WILL LET ME DOWNLOAD AGAIN AS YOUR RULES STATE ONLY 3 TIMES. I THINK A REFUND WOULD BE REFERRED TO PERSONS WANTING ANOTHER GAME.

Don't know what rules you're reading, but Big Fish now allows an unlimited number of downloads from your purchase history.

[Post New]by wizigalo on May 25, 10 6:44 PM
I ]never got a chance to get past the first screen on my one hour trial. The game looks great but I'm not even sure if it works. Having the chance to have the one hour trial again would help me make a decision to buy or not. I don't want to spend money on something I don't even know if I will be able to contine the game.

Tashi49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Tashi49 on May 25, 10 6:47 PM
sorry to say I am having even worse results with this version. At least before, although I couldn't get anywhere, i could at least easily exit after making my feeble attempts at moving forward with this game. Now, not only can I not get past the first chapter, I cannot exit the game and am forced to log off my computer to get the game to stop running since it refuses to be controlled by task manager.

Go to: