scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 29, 10 7:43 AM
Any hog that makes you look for an "enema syringe"

I reckon you just got lucky as I didn't have that one on any list LOL

Yep, the dialogue ruined what had the potential to be an excellent game IMHO.

[Post New]by rrbwsu2002 on May 30, 10 9:42 AM
[b]
tedderpic wrote:Played the hour to chapter 4.....but not for me.....too much talking for me..not enough puzzles..but I'm sure some will enjoy.....
Happy Gaming....

I agree with tedderpic. The story line was good and similar to Women's Murder Club series. However, I had to use too many hints to find objects that had different names, were very small, and/or had a combination of color & location in the scene making it difficult to find. Also, there was too much talking for me throughout. However, I am sure that other people will enjoy this game, but its going to be a pass for me.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 9:49:51 AM PST

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on May 30, 10 3:06 PM
I liked this game. It wasn't terribly hard, but finding some of the things WAS a challenge...but NOT impossible, if you looked carefully. One thing that I REALLY liked, was that, once the game was done, you could go back and find "all" the hidden things that the game asks you to find. It just extended the "play" just a little bit longer. I don't like it when the HOG games (or ANY games, for that matter) last only a couple of hours. This one took me part of 2 days to complete (and the extended searching took me into the 3rd day).

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on May 30, 10 5:29 PM
I enjoyed the hour demo. The dialog had it's ups and downs but I like the story. Of course we all know the dad did it lol - no spoiler because I don't have a clue as I'm only through chapter 2 or 3.

I'll have to sit and think about this one a little longer. I'm undecided. But I did love WMC series!

???

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on May 30, 10 11:18 PM
I quite like this one. It's not the best HOG on the block (in the ocean..? ) but it is playable and keeps me interested. I've only demo'd it and am also undecided whether I will actually buy it. Yes the objects are a little small but thats a challenge too. Photographing the diary was a pain. Thank goodness for walkthroughs for help. Am over the dialogue but thank goodness that can be skipped. Give it a 3 from 5. Intruiging but not fantastic. Would be a pretty good value Daily Deal buy...

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 11:21:17 PM PST

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on May 31, 10 3:19 AM
This is a seriously unpleasant game that should come with a parental warning, in my opinion.

It opens with a young girl shot at point blank range, then follows the clues from her bedroom through various locations to a drug den where the hidden objects are packets of cocaine, to a filthy bathroom, the walls covered in blood, with a gun shot victim dying on the floor. I gave it up at that point. I also in passing object to the persona of the female investigator who was done up in skin tight pants with a large exposed cleavage.

This game may be fine for teenage boys and other grown up boys who like this sort of thing but it is not really suitable for children and should come with a parental guidance warming.

Also on a technical level, when I downloaded the trial hour onto my dell desktop, running XP-Pro, it keep cutting out. I transferred to my Vista laptop and it worked but I wished I hadn't to be honest. It is also the case that some of the objects are impossibly small.

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 31, 10 4:32 AM
I also liked the free download, and when I bought it, it turned out I had a credit so it was free, which was great. However, when I actually played the game, I started having a lot of issues with it, starting with the female detective's ridiculously low cut top; the detectives were supposedly members of the NYPD, but their computer screens (a pink screen for her and a blue screen for him, by the way) came up "United States of America," not some version of NY anything; while it was set in NYC and the skyline was visible through apartment windows, it could have been anywhere; the detectives were idiots, or rather the plotline of the mystery solving part was kind of idiotic for most of the story; only one character seemed to know how to pronounce the victim's name; and a suspect's name was also routinely mispronounced; the same suspect, possibly a minor, was arrested and interrogated without any concern for her age. One of the search sites for hidden objects was a hotel in Manhattan named the Passchendale -- this was a major World War I battle, but not for the U.S., which only came in near the end of it. A frequent hidden object was cigarettes, which are illegal in office buildings in NYC. The credits at the end of the game showed that everyone connected with the game, other than the one with the story idea, is Russian, which is fine -- the graphics and puzzles are quite good, etc., but someone should have done more homework and the voice actors needed a lot more direction.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 31, 10 4:30 PM
LOVED playing this murder mystery game, not usually into reading dialogue, but the story kept me intrigued, and wanting to know more, so I didn't skip anything.
I thought it was a well made murder mystery, and felt very realistic, seeing murder victims, doesn't creep me out, and adds visual realness to the game, which makes it better for me, anyway.
The challenge was just right for me also, its not much fun if the objects to find, are in plain view, so I thought the developers did a great job, in placing the hidden objects, in each scene, so they where a bit of a challenge to find.
The game had the perfect flow also, finding the objects, talking to witnesses, doing the mini's, and having the map, to take you to the next scene.
I just really got into the game, and the time flew by, another BONUS of this game, is the length, they didn't skimp and the effort shows, wich makes me a VERY happy customer !!
When you think the game is over, surprise there is more, collect all items in each scene, more gameplay...YIPEE :-)
I wasn't surprised to see all german names, watching the credits, they know how to produce, a GREAT game...THANK YOU, once again a very satisfied customer !!
PLEASE.....hurry and make another one, it will be a definate purchase for me .

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on May 31, 10 6:19 PM
I bought this game. It was fine. I just found the constant dialogue irritating. The ending left me feeling "blah". I give this game a rating of 6.5 out of 10.

Rafe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Rafe on May 31, 10 6:35 PM
I loved this game ! Great interface, really fun puzzles, unique music, intriguing adult-themed storyline.

I had just finished replaying Rhianna Ford DaVinci letter and was wishing I could find another as entertaining and voila, another great game by the writer Steve Ince.

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Jun 1, 10 8:59 PM
What a great game! Exciting who-dunnit with a great plot twist. The music went well with the themes and locations and the artwork/graphics are superb!

Some objects are a bit on the small side, but the hint button fills up fast so it is not really a problem. Some of the voice acting could have been better.

If your looking for a fun mystery to pass the time than this is your game.

Those upset by the content...the hand with blood dripping off, person holding smoking gun and the screenshots...what did you think was going to be in this game? Pre- approve EVERYTHING your kids play today parents, use common sense. Just don't play it.

Look forward to more like these!

Edited on 06/01/2010 at 9:00:36 PM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jun 2, 10 3:12 AM
Just finished playing and I quite enjoyed it. I think I might have enjoyed it more if there had been more forensic-type tasks or puzzles to do. I'm a big fan of CSI and enjoy doing blood samples, dna, fingerprints etc.

I didn't have any problems with the hidden objects at all, and only skipped one puzzle - I couldn't seem to finish the swabbing of the hand task - I went over and over the hand for minutes and minutes til my hand started aching, so I had to skip.

Other than that, good game. 4

[Post New]by sillymoose on Jun 3, 10 12:35 PM
Why are most of the Hidden Object games so deep and dark. I'm tired of murder, vampires, blood and guts, ancient stuff etc etc etc. Why can't we have something fun and upbeat for a change. i.e...the Dream Day series, Yard Sale Hidden Treasures, Zulu's Zoo etc.

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Jun 3, 10 1:48 PM
biomix wrote:This one is a buy for me. I don't usually get involved in the story line but this one has me hooked. I want to find out what happened.
Graphics are crisp. I didn't have too much trouble finding objects. They are well hidden but not impossible to find. Great hint system. The characters fit the story very well. I am enjoying the dialogue on this game. According to the walkthrough the puzzles will be up my alley for sure. I love slider puzzles. And it will be a good length of play for me. It's a pretty standard HOG. But, there are some inventory items stored that need to be put to use. It's pretty straightforward. It's nice to have a couple of these games to give the old brain a rest.
Thank you BF and thanks to the developers.

Exactly my thoughts!!!!!!!! Great game, great graphics, it's also pretty long!

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Jun 3, 10 7:57 PM
Got through chapter one and I already knew this game is not for me. At first I thought, a game with characters that actually speak but...dead wrong (no pun intended). This one is boring for me. It seems to have a good storyline but couldn't keep my interest. Graphics are good and characters seem relevant to the game but like I said it just didn't keep me on point. I guess I am just spoiled with the MCF games and Dire Grove. Thank God for the one hour trial.

cucumber89
Salmon
Salmon
2,807 Posts

[Post New]by cucumber89 on Jun 3, 10 8:40 PM
I'm about halfway through it now and the voice acting is SO TERRIBLE. Do you hear that devs? Get better voice talent next time. It really does ruin what is actually a good game!

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds Disappointment

[Post New]by hatzic on Jun 3, 10 11:46 PM
whaw whaw disappointment. The game started out looking totally delicious and dangerous – but then it quickly became clumsy and annoying and counter intuitive, and overly directive. But gorgeous opening look and "dangerous" in the story is a little edgy. So for me, after several short minutes of play, it ended. Kicked me out. I have a wireless mouse and so I swapped for my wired mouse and tried again and it was impossible to get past more than a few seconds into the opening of the game, (nothing saved either) and so I’d start again and it would kick me out, right back to BigFish closing window saying you have 58 minutes of play etc. Tried about 5 times and gave up. Delete. Too bad.

Good game but......

[Post New]by militarymommy on Jun 4, 10 3:59 PM
I did like the game as far as getting into the 4th Chapter in the demo. I will not be buying it, however, as the objects are so very tiny. I was able to find most of them without the help of the 'hint' button, and the hint button does refill rather quickly.
I agree with some of the posts in that it was in rather poor taste to have to work around the gals body, who was killed. I do not know about the music - I always turn that off in any game before I even start the game. Too distracting for me.
I just do not like having to get so close to the screen that my eye lashes are touching it - - in order to see the screen properly. Other than this, it was an enjoyable game and I do wish things were better suited to the screen for seeing as I really wanted to find out 'who done it'!
If you have great eye sight and enjoy H.O.G. games with some interaction with the characters, you will love it!
Happy gaming, fishies!!

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Jun 5, 10 7:51 AM
I like this game; I'm on chapter 5 or 6 and it's ticking along nicely.

-Clear, smooth graphics.
-The objects are occasionally tricky to hunt down, but they are not too small.
-The hint system is more than generous.

-Didn't find the story boring or intrusive, in fact, I rather liked the dialogue at times and it's occasionally witty (rare in a game) for example when Cathy Turino jokes she'd rather move back with her ex than with her parents.

-The puzzles have enough bite to keep you working at those that need some extra fiddling or finessing. And for those in a hurry or lacking patience, you can skip them.

-You can switch back and forth among the locations in a chapter--always a plus.

-Some interesting innovations in lab technique (always fun in a police/murder game).

-Music is fine.

-I did not find it violent or disturbing in any way at all--in fact I'm surprised that some people did and if they don't like "dark" themed games, they shouldn't download them in demo and then complain. (IMHO)

-The length of the game also seems to be absolutely fine--at my current rate of progress, I'd say it's about 4 hours of play from start to finish.

In sum, a great little game for those who like murder mysteries, police detail, and don't mind gritty themes.

Highly recommended by the furry felines who rule this domicile and particularly like games that aren't overly loud and include hunting for cats and any edible hidden objects (trust me, even a banana has appeal for these two). <grin>

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 7:53:49 AM PST

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Jun 5, 10 8:29 AM
anonymiss wrote:Well this is a definite purchase for me. Made by the same company that gave us the Agatha Christie series (Death on the Nile, Peril at End House, etc) which are some of my favourites games.

I loved those games, too!

Go to: