Noyfb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Noyfb on May 27, 10 9:58 PM
Have not idea why but this just got me giggling.
Thank you

merlinmerry wrote:I loved this game! Okay, I am old and slow and have - where's my puppies? duzems want their bonies?- a bit of an attention deficit disorder but, even so, the game was extremely enjoyable and had absolutely no glitches. That alone was worth the price. (The fact that it took me beaucoup hours didn't hurt.)
I do have a problem, though. As a long time HOG player, I find that I absolutely must buy an hourglass. Every HOG ever built, practically, has one in every search pile. So, I've found myself unconsciously looking for one in my house. And I just cannot find one! Off to eBay.

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 10:02:40 PM PST

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 2easy on May 28, 10 12:25 AM
Will buy for 6.99 not worth 20 bucks,who cares about wallpapers etc!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on May 28, 10 1:59 AM
For me, the CE was worth the extra price, as the extra content gave me a nice, additional hour of gameplay. The screensaver and wallpaper, music and concept art are nice, but I usually like the additional gameplay more than those little additions.

The graphics of the game a great, the mini-games are nice (none of those I hate in this game), the story is well told and the H.O. scenes are challenging and interesting (in some you get to change the scene by opening or closing areas or by turning on or off the lights). I loved the first one and thus bought the second Puppet Show after a very short trial, but I would have bought the game even without knowing the first, just after playing the demo.

mylilpony
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mylilpony on May 28, 10 3:19 AM
I finished the demo in about 45 minutes and I can wait for the $6.99 version before buying. People...there is nothing collectible about a computer game!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, a collectible is something that is usually limited in its production, created by someone who has reknown in his/her field, or is something that is old, rare and hard to find. These CE games will never meet that criteria.
I could care less about wallpaper, bonus games, etc. The developers and distributors dupe their clients into thinking they have built the better mousetrap. think back to other CE's you may have bought. Are they now so special that you go back to them over and over again? A collectible is also some item that can be sold at a profit somewhere in the future. How many of your CE purchases will get to that status??

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 28, 10 4:25 AM
I suppose shrieking "Nooooooo!" when the demo ended is a good sign?

I the 1st PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville & was all come over unnecessary to hear there was a sequel coming (& if they can hurl out 2 fab games in 6 mos, why does it take a yr to make an MCF? ). These games have the most exquisite graphix & music & even tho there's lots of puzzles, the HOG scenes are in no way shorted & there's lots of those, too. Not to mention storyline grabs ya & since the detective failed to triumph over Felicia in #1, what will happen in #2? (picturing Felicia w/ a litter of half-human/half-puppet kidlets & PMSL).

Unlimited hints & even tho it said it won't be available for a min after you use it, that min flies by just looking at the eye candy on the screen. I got about 1/2 thru Ch4, so I am bouncing up n down like Tigger atm b/c there are 12 chapters & that means instead of the paltry 2 hrs we got in the 1st one that had us screaming for more, this one looks as if it may go TRIPLE ! I say Game of the Year right here, y'all can stop development right now!

This is going to be sooo worth it reg price & this is the 1st time I've been seriously tempted to lunge for it at the higher price. I waited out Dire Grove, I waited out Rue Morgue, I waited out Sweeney Todd, & I think it sucks the big wazoo that this is deliberately not incl in the 30% off sale. Mayhap a marketing error as this puppy would be flying out the door at $14 & rack up huge sales figures. O well I guess they'd rather watch their bandwidth.

If anyone does lunge for it (which I actually wouldn't lunge if I was gonna b/c no sense in wasting 3 punches on a card I won't fill by Mon, so I wouldn't gamble on it till June), PUHLEEZE come back w/ the skinny on the touted "hrs of extra grameplay" teaser! Is it truly hrs & how many bonus scenes? Methinks that's going to be the deciding factor in whether to pay more for those of us practically hanging off the fence drooling here & TYVM in advance to anyone who comes back & tells all!

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 4:26:19 AM PST

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on May 28, 10 5:22 AM
mylilpony wrote:I finished the demo in about 45 minutes and I can wait for the $6.99 version before buying. People...there is nothing collectible about a computer game!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, a collectible is something that is usually limited in its production, created by someone who has reknown in his/her field, or is something that is old, rare and hard to find. These CE games will never meet that criteria.
I could care less about wallpaper, bonus games, etc. The developers and distributors dupe their clients into thinking they have built the better mousetrap. think back to other CE's you may have bought. Are they now so special that you go back to them over and over again? A collectible is also some item that can be sold at a profit somewhere in the future. How many of your CE purchases will get to that status??

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on May 28, 10 5:40 AM
Thanks mylilpoly, you brought me back to earth with your common sense. I was so caught up with all the enthusiasim from the other posters that I almost bought the CE then I remembered my experience with another CE I bought and I agree with you that all the extras are not so special. I found them useless really.
I do like this game a lot but I can wait and save a few dollars.
I hit my computer every morning to see what BFG has for me. It's become a ritual that I look forward to - like that first cup of coffee.
The games I go back to again and again are the more elegant Match 3s like Fishdom, 10 Talismans, Age of Japan and Cradle of Rome. They helped improve my speed and for some reason I don't get bored with them even though I play them frequently.
Well, enought about me - thanks again for the good advise.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 28, 10 5:44 AM
After having a hard time getting the hang of the game , with the help from" MargieB ", I was able to move forward ..Maybe it's just me,, cause everyone else" loves it " & I just "like it "...I am not that concerned with not having the strategy guide ? Even though it would be nice , But so far I am not feeling the" love",, like everyone else ,Sometimes games will grow on me ? Maybe this is one of them ?

behindbj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by behindbj on May 28, 10 5:58 AM
mylilpony wrote:I finished the demo in about 45 minutes and I can wait for the $6.99 version before buying. People...there is nothing collectible about a computer game!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, a collectible is something that is usually limited in its production, created by someone who has reknown in his/her field, or is something that is old, rare and hard to find. These CE games will never meet that criteria.

You remind me of a friend of mine. He makes fun of my collection of baseball memorabilia as a useless waste of time, money and space - then he goes home and polishes his Dungeons and Dragons figurine collections.

Different strokes for different folks. I do believe that the rest of us are smart enough to understnad that "CE" is just another term here for "deluxe" or "special." It's a code phrase used by BFG to tell us that this is a $20 game with some stuff folks may like. Don't like the stuff? Don't buy it.

But there is no need to mock someone's collection of music boxes when you've got a closet full of shoes or a collection of plates with kitties on them.

I own exactly two CE games - Dire Grove and this one - for two simple reasons: I decided not to wait and I can afford them. Otherwise, I don't think that they are worth it - but I don't see a need to come onto a message board and be condescending. Don't see the value in them? Don't buy them.

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on May 28, 10 7:05 AM
I love this game, could not stop playing until I finished it. I highly recommend it, buy it, and sit back and enjoy.

Sincerely
Gisellesc60

shebag
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by shebag on May 28, 10 7:25 AM
very disapointed in this sequel was really looking forward to this game first game lasted me ages this one lasted a few hours and that included the bonus level not happy at buying a collectors edition to play for just a few hours

Dont think I will bother buying anymore Collectors Editions not pleased at all

happy gaming

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on May 28, 10 7:44 AM
I loved this game!!!!
I could't stop playing it until I finished at all!!!
BEST-BEST-BEST GAME!!!! Trust me Fishes!!!!!! Just try it!
I give it
HAPPY GAMING!!!!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 28, 10 7:46 AM
Am in love with this game, but want to know how much extra game play is involved. Also, someone commented on the boxed games in the stores. When I had more cash than I have now (retired), I remember spending $50 on Myst for my daughter at Christmas and at least $40 for the Sierra Games when they were all the rage.

That said, times have changed - the casual game market has come a long way. I too get up, make my coffee, and immediately go to the computer to see what BFG and others have to offer for the new day. I must admit I have become addicted to all of the fun, challenge, and social forums available to us now. I remember starting out on a black screen (dos) and typing in the commands. Pong was big and Pacman was bigger! I loved King's Quest and all that followed. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I go to a game site that has good old games and love them all.

That said, I have filled two cards for this month and now have to decide whether or not to start a new card and fill it in with the discounts this weekend (game names now on a list) to make a 3rd card!

Aaaaggghhh! Then I have to discipline myself next month to make up for this one. Maybe I should get an hourglass, as was wisely suggested, and make myself slow down. Patience is not a virtue, it is a test!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on May 28, 10 7:53 AM
P.S. I VERY hope everyone enjoys PUPPETSHOW Souls as much as I do!

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on May 28, 10 7:57 AM
I bought this game, the CE and will try to answer the question about bonus play. At the end of the game you are back in the same town again as where you started on the main game. You have to go through doors that you didn't get to open and go through in the main game. Most of them are locked and you have to figure out ways to open them. You have, if I can remember correctly, three main tasks that you have to do...like finding parts to assemble something else...There are, I believe two mini games that are new, and one is a bugger! (it alone can take over an hour). Truth of the matter is most of the time I don't linger around and play straight thru. The extra content took me right around an hour. I think the 'hours of bonus gameplay' is a little misleading BUT I think this game is well worth the $20 alone in itself. It is superb.

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

[Post New]by WinonaCook on May 28, 10 8:01 AM
kkbodine wrote:I bought this game, the CE and will try to answer the question about bonus play. At the end of the game you are back in the same town again as where you started on the main game. You have to go through doors that you didn't get to open and go through in the main game. Most of them are locked and you have to figure out ways to open them. You have, if I can remember correctly, three main tasks that you have to do...like finding parts to assemble something else...There are, I believe two mini games that are new, and one is a bugger! (it alone can take over an hour). Truth of the matter is most of the time I don't linger around and play straight thru. The extra content took me right around an hour. I think the 'hours of bonus gameplay' is a little misleading BUT I think this game is well worth the $20 alone in itself. It is superb.

Thanx kk

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on May 28, 10 8:05 AM
You are very welcome. Any time.

[Post New]by merlinmerry on May 28, 10 8:40 AM
But there is no need to mock someone's collection of music boxes when you've got a closet full of shoes or a collection of plates with kitties on them.

behindbj - have you been peeking in my house?

Forgot to mention (remember - old and slow), the story line is half the fun. I love a good story that is tricked out with original graphics, as this is. And the additional gameplay is truly an "epilogue" to the tale.

The artwork is exemplary and does create some indelible images. I actually thought I saw one of those creepy spider puppets scurry across the floor last night! Imagine my relief when it turned out to be just a real, giant, hairy spider!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 28, 10 8:45 AM
A must buy for me. I can only echo what the other reviewers have stated. Fantastic game! One of those "I have to keep playing" games which I love. This is another game that has it all. Although for some reason, dolls and puppets really freak me out. DH and I had to go out of town and while we were driving through another town, I noticed an old brownstone building with all these mannequin heads staring out the different windows. Talk about creepy!

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on May 28, 10 9:22 AM
I can't quite figure out how it is worth $13 extra to play one hour of additional content when you could buy 2 more games for that amount--5 or 6 hours of play.

Go to: