Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by locomotion22 on May 29, 10 2:36 PM
Iwould love to buy this game,but sad to say the strategy guide wont work for me.game freezes, please bf fix it. I want to buy collectors edition. but it has to work for me. locomotion 22

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Laylasmum on May 29, 10 2:44 PM
Another one who's computer freezes when accessing strategy guide

[Post New]by locomotion22 on May 29, 10 3:49 PM
I just wrote in about the guide freezing, tried it again this time I got access violation access denied program terminated. I for one think I will wait for the 6.99. great game but this will drive a person up the wall, and thats no fun and sure not if it cost me 20.00 Locomotion 22

molinka
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by molinka on May 29, 10 9:52 PM
Hi:
PUPPET SHOP:
i have the wing & parrot head for the doll. in the stratgey guide it shows a doll part which makes the parrot work. the part is on the upper shelf. only part of the shelf is showing and there is no doll part
can you help me?
shevan

Pidgiep
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Pidgiep on May 30, 10 5:24 AM
Hi all
I tried the demo with no problems, then bought the game and lo and behold it crashes every time and I have to start again. I carried out all the instrcutions, i.e. download new drivers, etc. and altered the game to XP mode. I then found it would not launch via game manager. So returned to the exe file and double clicked and it started the game form where I had left it. So from now on I will carry on with the game from the exe file.
This might help all of you who have had the same problem as I did.
Good luck

[Post New]by zipcat2006 on May 30, 10 7:28 AM
I've never had a problem before, but add me to the ever-expanding list of those who cannot enter the strategy guide from ANYWHERE. Please find a fix soon--I love the music and the graphics, but I don't love paying $19.95 for a $6.99 game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 30, 10 8:02 AM
I hope that everyone posting here is letting CS know via the green envelope.
BFG will be able to fix this when they have found out what you all have in common.
(You're just talking to your fellow fishies here).
Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

The more people report this the better as the fix will be given a higher priority.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 10:56:33 AM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on May 30, 10 9:44 AM
Thank you for the information Mr. Russ. Just wanted to let you know that I contacted CS right away.
At least I know that it's being looked into.

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on May 30, 10 10:35 AM
Leaty wrote:Can't play the game, at all.

As soon as I start it, the game minimizes to the taskbar and refuses to maximise again. Stubborn as I am, I'll try several times only to receive this:
http://yfrog.com/j2puppetshowerrorj

Seeing how much problems other users seem to have, I can't help but wonder if your quality control guys where on vacation as this one got released...

Interesting...I have the same problem with one minor variation....I can play the game just fine but once I exit out of it I cannot go back into playing without rebooting my computer. It exists successfully w/no errors and brings up the normal game manager, but whether I hit the 'play again' button or click on the shortcut, the game will launch but minimize and refuse to maximize again. I have to reboot my computer to be able to play.

I've never had this problem with a BF game before and I play a lot of them, so it's just bizarre.

javajule
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by javajule on May 30, 10 11:11 AM
Even though I had ran windows updates recently, I did it again and it resolved my issue. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best........

[Post New]by zipcat2006 on May 30, 10 2:39 PM
Windows Vista, of all things, informed me that there was a compatibility problem and it instructed me to uninstall Adobe Flash and install the newest version. I did, and now I'm able to access the strategy guide. Hope this helps others running Vista (thank you, Bill Gates).

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on May 30, 10 10:37 PM
Well, add me to the list of those who can't access the strategy guide. My screen darkens, but no guide. When I click on the screen again, it becomes bright. (Clicking strategy guide in lower right side of page)

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on May 30, 10 10:55 PM
I uninstalled Flash with ActiveX and reinstalled. Now ActiveX is gone. I didn't get the prompt at the top of the screen that said, "Install ActiveX", it just said "Install other stuff" (I can't remember the exact words.) How do I reinstall ActiveX? I

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 31, 10 11:06 AM
strategy guide error here as well... screen darkens and i have to wait forever for the game to come back up while clicking everywhere to find the "place" to click to bring the game back... as for an "extras" option on the menu - where was that?? i was just wanting to take a look at stuff and see what i was getting for my $20, but now i'm thinking this was a HUGE mistake!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 31, 10 11:16 AM
You have to finish the game before the extras show up in the menu.

[Post New]by HappyGrammy on May 31, 10 6:52 PM
I am in Chapter 8 Second Tower and in the scene where it is asking me to attach the crane hook to the crane only there is no crane in the scene I have gone to the online directions for this game and I see the crane in that screen but I cannot see any crane in the screen in my game, can you tell me why, or what I need to do to be able to see the crane, I have exited the game several times and gone back in to the game to see if that would help and nothing I have tried helps there just is no crane in my game and as a result I am stuck in this part of the game and unable to proceed, any help would be much appreciated. Thank You!!!

[Post New]by momness on May 31, 10 8:23 PM
I've had no problems with the strategy guide loading or coming up. The o nly one I've had an issue with at this point is in Chapter 8 with taking the nuts off that horse head mechanism thing. I don't know where the wrench is and the strategy guide doesn't help with finding it in any way whatsoever. If anyone knows where I can find that please let me know or if its a technical thing I'd like to know as well. Thanks!

[Post New]by catsfire on May 31, 10 10:09 PM
Hey everyone, hope all had a good weekend! I have an update to my problem with the SG that I posted a couple of days ago where I also could not get it to work. Well here goes, I played through the whole game (without the SG) and and then shut everything down when I was done. When I shut my computer down and then went back to play it again today (just for the fun to see if I could beat some areas I got frustrated with originally) I clicked on the options and found another link to the SG and clicked on it (keep in mind I have not made any changes, updates or anything else to my computer) and low and behold, the SG now works perfectly from absolutely everywhere. I don't know if it was a problem that was fixed and the fix was automatically downloaded or what, but now it works without any freezing, problems or otherwise. I don't know if just shutting down the computer and letting it sit for a bit reset the game or what, but all I know is now it works! Yippee!!!

[Post New]by JanetBW on Jun 1, 10 5:40 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

If you're having trouble accessing the Strategy Guide, it might be a Flash issue. The built-in strategy guide requires Flash to run, so reinstalling Flash should help. Reinstalling Flash is best done via Internet Explorer.

The following help article has more information about updating Flash. Just click on "Flash" under Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave to expand instructions for reinstalling Flash:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

The Built-in Strategy Guide worked before I purchased the game and now that I have I'm getting the error, should I still reinstall flash?

nheartj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by nheartj on Jun 1, 10 7:12 PM
K. Don't feel like sifting through 5 pages of issues to see if anyone else is having the same problem after I just waited forever for the trial to download.

My error says: Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author.

Any thoughts? I'm sure there is someone way smarter than me on here that has some kind of clue what that means.

Thanks!

Go to: