Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Antique Road Trip USA

[Post New]by Ceece on Jun 7, 10 11:44 PM
It was a relaxing, cute game. Had a playful interesting story. Fun to help put together the shop and find objects to afford to buy the shop necessities. I also like the variety of styles in which one could decorate the shop. The music was engaging, easy listening. I enjoyed that too.

The variety of HOB tasks was interesting. I had no technical difficulties with the game at all. It was, for me, cute and entertaining. Most of the exchanges between the characters was cute too. All in all, I found it a fun, engaging game.

My only negative was that it was a bit toooo long and became rather repetitive in objects to find or differentiate to meet the story line. I'n not really a fan of "find the difference" mini-games. This was another thing that after a while became "too long" for my taste.

Otherwise it was a nonchallenging game to play for a change. I'd give it a 3 .

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 11:49:13 PM PST

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jun 8, 10 12:07 AM
I like this game mostly because of the part where you furnish your own antique shop and you get new items which magically appear in your store once you progress further into the game. I also like how the look changes with each improvement to your store.

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Jun 13, 10 12:21 PM
Just finished the game and enjoyed playing it. I did have to turn the sound off after a while, but did enjoy it at first. The hint system was good, not too long to refresh. The mini games were fun, not too taxing. Overall, I found the game a bit repetative, but good for middle level player or someone just out to play a relaxing HOG.

[Post New]by msmike on Jun 14, 10 5:35 PM
Sorry. Found this game boring and repetitive.

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 16, 10 12:18 AM
This was such a cute relaxing game that when my hour was up, I purchased it.

Storyline: you alternately play husband/wife to earn money to set up your own antique store. Your new puppy is your hint giver.

The goal of the game is to earn enough money to furnish your shop.
There is plenty of money, and about 25 types of furnishings. Each type has 5 items. You can upgrade or downgrade choices, but you can't toss an item out once you've bought it.

A nice touch is that after you end the game, all locations are unlocked and you can pick and choose games to play and still earn money.

The scenes are clear and mostly bright. Objects are clear and not too cleverly hidden or small. I didn't notice any tricky hiding either, eg. blue on blue or 3/4 hidden behind something else.

The music is strings and drum, upbeat ranging from jazzy to country.

Options include cursor change, full screen/windowed, sound, music.
Language is included, but only English is available.

When you first begin, you may choose a timed or untimed game. You also can accept or reject the tutorial. This tutorial explains the Fast shopper game. It also points out money within the location. You must intuit that each game will have 3 (maybe 2?) packets of money you can pick up for free.

There are 15 locations, each with a pre-set collection of 7 out of 9 games. The game directs you to a location where you play one game.
Then you travel to a new location and play another game. And so on, until all 105 (?) games are played. Every so often, you win an antique for your store. You can choose to buy furnishings for your store any time after a funiture category is unlocked. And there is a happy, though not unexpected ending.

the 9 games are:
Hidden object: about 20 items.
Find matching item: 7 rounds. Find 2 matching in set of about 10-20 items.
Picky shopper: three text clues are given for each item to be found.
Fast shopper: 15 customers leave money for items to be found.
Jigsaw: all pieces are right side up, no right clicking involved.
Find 25: of the same type of object.
Spot the difference: about 10 differences in 2 items. Nice touch, the cursor is shown on both items, making it easier to spot differences.
Reverse collections: 7 rounds of finding the one item that doesn't match the others (in a collection of about 5 - 10 items)
Collections: pick the two matching items in a group of 10-20 items.

continued ....

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Jun 16, 10 12:19 AM
continued

However, once you're in a game the only way to leave it is to finish the game. This can be bypassed by using the hints.

Hints cost you 5 seconds if you're playing in the timed version.
Hint refresh is about 25 seconds. I completed the game in about 4 hours.

I did notice something I thought was quirky. In some games, an incorrect choice is simply xed out. In one game, 'try again' pops up. Also, the furnishing categories are not linear. I found it a little confusing trying to remember what I'd bought. However, once a category is opened, your purchased (or furnished) item is highlighted.

This game is for anyone new to Hidden Object Games (HOG) or someone who
wants a relaxed, nice environment, and a fairly easy game with different types of games included.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jun 18, 10 4:47 PM
If you can stand the music , go for it! It manically happy and all-American.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Jun 20, 10 12:23 PM
game was o.k. at the beginning but got boring fast. Earning money to buy items for the store wasn't for me. I think the game would have been better without that. Didn't finish but will go back later and replay when there's no other good game to play!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jun 26, 10 7:22 PM
I loved the game at the beginning, and bought it before I realized that I would have to play both the boring match game and the annoying "spot the differences" game countless times. I guess it pays to play the full hour demo. I thought the little story connecting the searches and puzzles was cute, decorating the antique shop was fun, and you can't go wrong getting your hints from a cute little puppy. Still, the repetition of the two puzzles I hated over and over and over and over ruined the game for me.

Edited on 06/26/2010 at 7:24:26 PM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 27, 10 4:57 AM
This is a rather elementary hidden-object game with a few puzzles tossed in. The premise is for the two characters to travel the country scouring for "antiques" to stock their shop back home. You'll make $ along the way, to be spent (or not) on furnishing your business. In this respect it was similar to "Gardenscapes," but without the good humor. The graphics are pleasant, the hidden objects fairly easily found, and the "puppy" hint system is cute and well done. If you like semi-twangy bluegrass and country-western background music, keep your speakers on, but it does get a little irritating after awhile. The static dialogue between the two can get kind of "sappy" at times. Overall, not a bad way to spend a few hours.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 27, 10 5:17 AM
I needed one more punch on my second card, had demoed this game before and uninstalled it. Saw it was on the sale so took another look and bought it. I had been contemplated some puzzle games, or ihogs but thought uh uh, got enough of those unfinished. Need something light hearted and colorful.

It's not a game I would want to do in one sitting, but a go to when I just want to relax with somethng upbeat. otherwise I see how it could get repetitious staying with it to the end. The music does change somewhere to a more blusy jazzy style, and what is maybe mandolin, not just banjo so it's a bit more entertaining.

I'm pretty sure it saves my progress, someone said it didn't, maybe just between chapters? I'll check it out. I like the jigsaws, and altho I hate find the differences split screen, I do enjoy their layouts of similar items, matchbooks etc and find which is different, quite a challenge, or just the 2 matching things. Glad I bought it anyway, nice diversion just going with the flow. If you like it, then you will love Gardenscapes, altho this one runs better on an older pc, not as many bells and whistles with tech problems and demands less memory I think. Great on my older pc with XP.

If it is getting too long or monotonous, just close and come back later, the quality is to be admired after some really sleezy ones. Enjoy!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Aug 22, 10 5:16 AM
Not much of a story, but I enjoyed it anyway. The hidden object scenes were good for a DD, and I actually enjoyed 'decorating' my antique store, (which I don't usually like to do in games like these). All in all, it was a great game for just relaxing and not having to do a lot of thinking.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 22, 10 2:03 PM
This game was enjoyable. The rewards and ability to decorate the shop to your taste is wonderful. However, I have seen this twist to Hidden Objects before and better done. A solid B+. I wouldn't buy as I own what I believe is a better version of this type of game. However, if I didn't own that one, I would buy this one.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Jan 15, 11 6:44 PM
This is a very nice game with different mini puzzles. I like Match two items the best of the mini puzzles. I did not like it that all the Sale items are $20. I think it is totally ridiculous that a Playing card is $20, as is say an expensive antique. It would have been far better if the items had been priced from $1 to $50. This is my opinion. Other than that I love playing this game for an hour or so at the time.
plus 1/2

jean9865
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jean9865 on Feb 15, 11 3:04 PM
I found the game to be a bit long. Some of the puzzles such as 'find the difference' and the 'hint of what a buyer was interested in', bothersome.

I actually enjoyed the music as it reminded me of my father who played the fiddle. Brought me back to my young days listening to him practice.

I think this would be a buy for anyone who would like something light for a change.

Happy Gaming all.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Feb 24, 11 7:51 PM
This was a delightful, fun fun game! There was a wide variety of ways in finding hidden objects -- some were lists of things; others description of uses. Loved the fact that after finishing the original game, you have the option of going to other towns and cities and playing it all over again! For the most part, hidden objects were appropriate to the time period and locations. Hints were recharged quickly. As your money increased, you had the option to buy a variety of things to decorate your business setting. Who doesn't like to go shopping? Definitely a keeper!!!

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 7:57:43 PM PST

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Mar 18, 11 10:19 PM
This game is wonderful fun! It's worth playing just for the music alone. If you don't like "pickin' and grinnin"-type music - banjo, fiddle, etc, you'll dislike the music, but, for those of us who do like the toe-tapping stuff, it's great.

The graphics are clear, the hidden object scenes are good - not too hard, not too easy - and I like the different mini-games - the differences, find 25's, reconstruction of stuff - I like them all.

You also get to decorate your own antique shop as you earn money with each locale. It's lots of fun, tool

I played the untimed mode and you can get bonuses of some kind in the timed mode - I'm the type that just doesn't enjoy a timer.

All in all - it's lots of fun - a great game if you're just looking to relax and have a little fun finding objects and decorating your own shop.

[Post New]by Trouty15 on Jun 4, 11 6:38 AM
Is it just me or do the main characters look like celebrities?! James is totally James Marsden! Was this on purpose?

4freedom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 4freedom on Jun 21, 11 7:55 PM
This game is fabulous!!! but does it ever have any ending?? or is it just forever a
delight??? more more more about the U.S.A. Thanks Joan

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 16, 12 2:10 AM
Liked the game, enjoyed the demo BUT just -just barely not enough to buy because I dont see it as having any replay value. Or at least not much.
Every now & then I'll find a game on my computer or on disc from 3 or 4 years ago & it can be fun to pick back up & play again but this one game just ....

I think the only thing stopping me from buying it (only thing that ever really stops me from buying any game) is that I dont think I'll get *quite* enough content out of it.

That includes having different gameplay modes, replayability, extras and most of all....the length of everything contained within a game.

(hear that game developers? Make me a good, nice long game like Plants Vs Zombies that you can totally go back to to trying to get all the achievements and I am in! )

Go to: