phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Faded Reality

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 31, 10 6:47 PM
I absolutely love the music! It is wonderful and relaxing! Although the game isn't outrageously good, I might buy it because I like the story and soundtrack. I didn't find it outrageously bad, either. I think it would be maybe 3-4 hours of play for me, if there are 18 chapters. I know I didn't get more than 4 done.

I found most of the minigames pretty easy... except the one with the lamps! Dang, those were NOT so easy. I skipped them in order to play further, but definitely challenging for a future replay.

I thought the gameplay was pretty original, and I liked it. It was certainly different. And the further I got, the harder it got. The graphics were not really all that great, but I still found most of the objects without a problem.

If you haven't tried it because of all the bad reviews, give it a whirl. After all, the demo is free, LOL. You might find, as I did, that it was a pleasant surprise.

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on May 31, 10 7:05 PM
i happen to like all the different minigames
and the broken english is alright with me gotten used to it with other games i can with this one too
i think its nice they put a twist on things that you have to find letters and then find the object it goes with to find other objects on the list
then the minigames so far have been different which is nice to see also

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on May 31, 10 8:48 PM
I played the whole hour, and ended up feeling, like some before me, that this would be a good game for children-a really fun way for kids to work on spelling, perhaps skipping the story if you think it's too gruesome. Not a buy for me-too repetitive, and there are so many good games out there of this type-this one bored me.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 31, 10 8:49 PM
When someone says the word spoon I expect an eating implement capable of transporting liquid to my mouth.

Eddy, that's the most glorious sentence I have seen all day in here

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on May 31, 10 10:50 PM
C R A P A waste of time!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 1, 10 1:26 AM
Count me in on one of the buyers! It did take some reading here to turn me off, then more reading to turn me back on. I had demoed on my laptop, 15.6 widescreen, but since this doesn't have the settings for Win7 (as only 2 games I've found so far do cover my screen) it is reduced down to about 10" diag. Although the opening outdoor scene was charming and pretty clear, half the objects were too tiny to identify as anything real at all, other half big and in my face. Used a bunch of hints and moved into the house.

Now the style of art changes, a bit faded and soft but easy to find things. Not sure why the 2 art styles, probably different artists, maybe to fit the title, Faded and Reality, seeing through 2 different eyes?

Took the hour just figuring out the gameplay, only 3 items to find at a time, some greyed out which appear as you find the listed ones. Some back and forth back outside to use some letter for a word there.

But this is not just a kid's spelling bee, sorry some seekers just wrote it off. Took me awhile to realize this is basically the same as a FROG (which I don't care for) except instead of looking for bits and pieces of a key to unlock a door or boring pliers or crowbar to put together first, then go use in another scene, this is the same but easier on the eyes and more fun for me. I'm not only looking for letters to complete a word, e in basket etc but to move the basket because most the time an item unseen is hidden under it. Exactly same as games where you may or may not get a sparkle to click the rug or move a chair and an item is hidden under it. At last! one I can really relax and enjoy. And not get lost.

It's a bit of a test for the short term memory as well. I see lots of letters but they are greyed out, not ready for inventory. Then when they do appear as viable I can't remember where it was, go back outside to use them. Or when I say oh gee I just SAW that but can't remember where that U or M was.

Used my hour, then loaded on my pc for another hour to see if it runs on XP with a lot less ram. OMG now full screen 15" and bright and what a difference seeing more items in the first scene. Loading is slower, scenes and locations run so fast on the laptop with at least 4 times the ram and dual. I look for good graphics,color first in a game, interesting gameplay, story not so important. Odd names for items I find even charming now that I see the list here. This is the little gem I needed last punch

Feb272007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Feb272007 on Jun 1, 10 2:17 PM
I found an extreme amount of misspelled words and misnomers. Whoever is configuring this game needs to go back to school to learn to spell and use proper words for hidden items. Nail drawer (please, a crowbar) Redial( Redeal). There are too many to mention. Wishing now I had not purchased, but will be a good game for my grand children. Ugh, not your best effort.

Feb272007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Feb272007 on Jun 1, 10 2:44 PM
On second thought I wouldn't let my grandchildren play this game. It SUCKS bad. Not only misspelled words and descriptions. Finding the last clue is a problem, when you can't see something that even resembles a RAINCOAT. This game needs to be taken down and re-done soon. If not you will continue to get negative comments just like this.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Jun 1, 10 4:04 PM
Personally~ I really LIKED this game! I think the developer is foreign-is why everyone says the spelling is so bad. I didn't so much see bad spelling as things I just didn't know what they were lol. To me this made it a bit more fun...and there ARE hints so if I got stuck on something-the recharge is fairly quick. The ending was omg....sudden to say the least!! It was like BAAAAAMMM!! But if there was a sequel, I'd get in line. out of 5 for me!
p.s~ LOVED the little piano diddy that played as background

Edited on 06/01/2010 at 4:08:09 PM PST

oversixty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by oversixty on Jun 1, 10 4:30 PM
Bought it, been playing it but when you try to exit, it won,t save. Bummer, I need a refund!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 1, 10 6:39 PM
oversixty wrote:Bought it, been playing it but when you try to exit, it won,t save. Bummer, I need a refund!
It saves at the end of every chapter. Even though it gives you a message that your game will not save, it really does save but only at the end of a chapter. When she finishes one location and you see the cut scene of her going to another location in a car or a plane that is the end of a chapter.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 1, 10 6:41 PM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:
When someone says the word spoon I expect an eating implement capable of transporting liquid to my mouth.

Eddy, that's the most glorious sentence I have seen all day in here
I like the kind of spoon where you snuggle up to your honey. And I'm not talking Winnie the Pooh.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 1, 10 6:48 PM
I had no problem at all on saving my place and returning. But I always like to finish a location anyway before I have to leave, or put it on Menu to Pause if I have to tend to something briefly. The "chapters" aren't all that long to go ahead and finish, or replay if you have to before Exit. Lots of other games I play do this, Vampireville comes to mind. But if it was fun the first go, just as much fun and quick if having to go back to start of a location or chapter.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 1, 10 6:54 PM
I've even read complaints on reviews about how a word can mean 3 things like bow and mad they don't say what kind of bow LOL so no buy. Isn't that part of the fun challenge like which your own head is saying what to look for? Or which compass, directional or a tool. I remember once going mad trying to find more magnets and out of hints, a friend had to tell me look on the fridge door while I was looking for U shapes LOL. Nothing wrong with the devs, we just have to expand our possibilities to meet the challenge.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jun 1, 10 7:21 PM
I really like the game,its different.like finding the letters.some things are hard to find,but thats ok.I take my time any ways.pics are good,like the music..the story is good.the only thing is i wish it had vocies,i got spoiled with that lol.i will buy,
happy gaming all,now going to go play ,and find out who her doner was,.

lindac1220
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by lindac1220 on Jun 1, 10 9:48 PM
Was not at all impressed with this game and the ending was awful. Some of the names for the items were totally foreign to me, had no idea what they were, just got lucky clicking on things I didn't recognize.
I bought the game after the demo, but kinda wish I hadn't.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Jun 2, 10 1:30 AM
This game left me totally undecided... it's like two games in one.
Half is for children with the spelling tasks in the scenes and the other half is for adults owing to the story line.
The graphics are wonderful and it is unusual to have cartoon and photo in the same game. Everything clicks and moves when expected to and the background music is not overpowering.
Developers can get away with lots of things in these supernatural type games so if a pumpkin is the size of a house, but the orange is its proper size and on the table over there somewhere looking like a cherry so what? It is meant to be a puzzle after all.
I wasn't keen on the mini games and saw no point in spending time putting blocks of the same colour and shape together.
Repetetive mini games turn me off too - I like variety.
What I did like was the fact that you knew what you would be expected to search for but as it was greyed out, and hidden by something else, you couldn't get it. Now that must have taken some working out.
I like searching different locations for things too so basically this has it all.... BUT.... it's just those childish games.
Do I? don't I? Can't decide..... 4 out of 5 for ingenuity and graphics .

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 2, 10 9:12 AM
Well, LizzieK,

Job well done. Three times over!

When I want to know how long a game is, answers like "it's short",
"took me an hour", while well-meant, really don't help. When you
reply, "It's 18 chapters" and I can judge from where I get in demo
hour, , tells me EXACTLY what I need to know.

Fishies having trouble with game not saving. You explain, it does
save but only at the end of a chapter. Clear as a bell.

And as far as your favorite meaning of "spoon", I'm still ROTFLOL.

Keep up the great posts.

Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on Jun 2, 10 4:02 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I am enjoying this game...it is a little bit different, some items are a challenge to find...I enjoy trying to figure out fractured English. Want to see where the story goes...like most of them it is a bit hokey, but I guess I am just plain out hooked on hokey stories and hogs, lol.

I just finished the game...loved it...BUT...the ending is sudden and doesn't answer any questions. Very unhappy with it. But I guess it leaves itself open for sequels.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 2, 10 4:21 PM
I thought this game was VERY unique and different, and it sure did give me a couple of hours, of ENJOYMENT, after I got into it.
For one, the story really captured my imagination, anything errie, like having visions, from a cornea transplant, just draws me right in, they have made some pretty good movies also, from recieving donated organs, and having visions from the donor, so I knew this one was for me.
Plus there is some challenge, to this game, the letters and some items, where very well hidden, but once you realize how the game works, and in what order, to find the items and letters, it is smooth sailing.
And I really liked the way the developers, made the gameplay, doing the hidden object part, than doing the shapes/colors, which I would see just how fast I could put them together, so I loved that part, and than placing the letters, in order to find the hiding secrets.
I did very well, with the lamps also, I didn't have to use all of the lamps, to light up the pages, so my brain surprised me on those...lol :-)
I just found the entire game, to be entertaining, for me anyway, wouldn't change a thing, on the sequel (developers are you listening ) ?
It was a nice change, from the same old, same old, and it made it more enjoyable, to also have to find letters, to make words, in order to move an object, to get the item on the list that is under it, made the gameplay much more interesting !
I had no problems with the different words either, I thought that added to the challenge, and found myself, enjoying trying to figure out, what they meant.
I never had to use a hint, just a little logic, which made me feel pretty good, when I figured it out.
The graphics weren't spectacular, but they fit with the mood, and story, and I found the music, very relaxing, so for me, money well spent on this little jewel, that is different from the regular run of the mill, games.
..Waiting for the sequel ... !!

Go to: