bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Aug 18, 11 5:58 PM
Fransje66 wrote:Does this game have a START somewhere?
I've been going through 5 min. of rubbish and did not get into the game.

I played for 20 minutes but couldn't find the way off the water tower at all.
This games not for me :

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Aug 18, 11 10:28 PM
Jerripat wrote:Me, too, Halotop! No walkthru - no buy. And if I buy a BF, game, I want a BF walkthru! Jerri

There is another topic here about where to find a walkthrough.
Google for 'The Mysterious Codex walkthrough'. There are 3 of them at least and the Strategy Guide contains one too.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Aug 20, 11 2:12 AM
Got part of the way through the demo, and (at the last minute!) decided it was worth a DD price - that'll hardly buy you a sandwich these days.

Was pleased to see an interesting attention to detail: in the railwayman's hut there's a mirror on the wall, and if you look carefully you can see "yourself" in it - look for the hat. Even better: as you turn on the spot, the mirror on your screen moves as well, of course - and your reflected face turns as well.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Aug 22, 11 10:59 PM
Five minutes was all I could stand.

[Post New]by katyabird11 on Oct 28, 11 6:26 PM
i think this game sucks. there are no directions. i have no idea what i am supposed to do. i think there is talking without text on the screen, not good for Deaf people. glad i didn't buy it. i spent 10 minutes clicking on paper that i assume i was to read but the font is so small i can't see anything. started clicking and found a shed with a sleeping person. couldn't wake him up. more reading to do....what is this school? and reading about morse code? really? what am i to do with that? stupid game. should come with directions and text on the screen for talking.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 17, 12 2:37 AM
Martila wrote:
Jerripat wrote:Me, too, Halotop! No walkthru - no buy. And if I buy a BF, game, I want a BF walkthru! Jerri

There is another topic here about where to find a walkthrough.
Google for 'The Mysterious Codex walkthrough'. There are 3 of them at least and the Strategy Guide contains one too.

Except that those aren't big fish walkthrus... if big fish is gonna offer a game they should offer a walkthru... especially for games like this!!! (And there is no way in hell I'm paying for a separate SG when this isn't even a full game. $14 bucks for a PART of a game... Sick of these chopped up installment games. A LFG that isn't even a single GB??? Yeah NOT. And it's NOTHING like Nancy Drew... those were all separate FULL STORY books... this is more like a single book with each chapter made into a game. Oh and not sure who mentioned the "why not make paper notes" ummm because this is a computer game not a paper game... why isn't there a notepad/journal in the game to make notes on??? This is an older game, I get that, but it needs to be updated or placed in the discount bin.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Mar 18, 12 2:03 AM
gamergirl675 wrote: Oh and not sure who mentioned the "why not make paper notes" ummm because this is a computer game not a paper game... why isn't there a notepad/journal in the game to make notes on??? This is an older game, I get that, but it needs to be updated or placed in the discount bin.

gamergirl675, you are right, a notepad feature might be handy - and if this was a new game or even a remake, some functions could be added. But the aim with releasing the old titles is to make them available for those who otherwise would never have the chance to play them, because technology advances and these games wouldn't run on newer systems. Building or remaking a large game takes a huge amount of investment.

But classic adventure games rarely have notebook features. Games in the adventure hall-of-fame, such as the Myst series or Syberia don't have it either. You must take notes often and even make drawings for yourself to solve the (sometimes very hard) puzzles. In fact, this kind of challenge is what adventure game fans love about them

Go to: