tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery

[Post New]by tredzwater on Aug 27, 10 5:52 AM
Why is this coming out as a CE? I bought it as a CE last May. I was curious about this so I downloaded the demo and found that the only difference I can remember is that the 1st Tarot Card game is included in this one. That's fine for those who wanted both but I would have been disappointed because I bought the original last year.

Also, the new CE price (THANKS FOR LISTENING, BF!) is still just the same price that the 1st and 2nd regular edition games would have cost. And what about those who didn't want the original game?

This is a great game but I don't understand why it's being re-released as if it were a new CE.

[Post New]by arizdove35 on Oct 3, 10 1:30 PM
penny99 wrote:
penny99 wrote:I was charged on my mastercard and paid for the game. I never received the 3 coupon credits[b].my game froze at the sliding doors at the end of the laser tunnel.I have reinstalled twice and have checked all of my systems ie direct x everything is fine.

I
I paid $22 for a game that doesn't work and did not receive my 3 coupon credits!
Customer service impossible to reach. HELP!!!!!!
Penny99
Has anyone else had these problems?

hope i am doing this right. came into the forum cuz my game froze up at the same place and was hoping to find out a cure. guess it is the game after all. soooo sad as i was enjoying it. BF are you going to fix the game???

[Post New]by jkaller on Oct 16, 10 4:52 PM
it works well until the keys get locked in the car, then i can't find the
tile to put into the chest to get them. Skip button stalls and then didn't work at all

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 19, 10 9:44 AM
Hi jkaller,

Welcome to the pond!

You can find a complete walkthrough for chapter 2 here.

Here is an extract to assist you:

* Exit the cellar (4).

* Look at the close-up of the bush.

* Use the GLOVES to take the green card (5).

* Collect all the items and take the HANDLE (E).

* Return to the garage and use the HANDLE on the vise (6).

* Take the green card and collect all the items.

* Take the PLATE (F).

* Exit the garage and return to the cellar.

* Put the PLATE into the stove to reveal a CODE (7).

* Exit to the front of the house; enter the front door.

* Walk up the stairs.

* Find the green card and collect all the items.

* Take the FACETED KEY (A).

* Exit the house and return to the cellar.

* Look at the chest to the right of the stairs.

* Place the FACETED KEY into the lock (1).

* Enter the CODE into the lock.

* Find the green card and collect all the items.

* Read the document about the legend of the King's Eye ( B ).

* Take the YANG LOCK PIECE (C).

* Return to the bedroom and look at the box to the right of the window.

* Place the YANG LOCK PIECE into the center niche (2).

* Solve the mini-game and take the CAR KEYS (D).

Hope this helps you progress in your game !

bfgImbrium

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Oct 20, 10 8:03 PM
I've been playing the demo of this game's series and not really like it but I download this game anyway because the word 'Lighthouse' caught my attention.. The demo was OK, make me feel like I wanna buy this game if they sell it on DD, but then I used the Summer Sale to buy it. Not really a bad deal. Anyway it has quite a story, but the 'real' lighthouse does not really there until almost at the end. Collecting the cards is a fresh game style but later it became overbearing..

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 4:02 PM
Hi all, Thank heavens there is a walkthrough! (actually 2!) I got stuck, on replaying, during the first part, while searching through the dead blokes apartment! I had to go back to the walkthrough just to find the screwdriver.... then saw I needed other things I'd neglected to find too. AND this is my second play of this game, which I originally bought over a year ago. I can't remember is I actually finished it (knowing me I probably did as I loathe giving up on stuff and will go on and on until I drop!) I just can't remember. Senior moments or what!?
Never mind ... I just love playing BF games and this one is interesting.
Love to all in the pond and beyond, Pat_ric_ia x

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Apr 15, 11 4:05 PM
Strange Cases are one of my favourite series Great graphics and great stories! Waiting for another game to come!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on May 23, 11 12:29 PM
[b] different but fun...i liked the card bit ...first u had to find/release them to get to the diff **** puzzles...and then there where more puzzles..

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 20, 11 3:40 AM
The story was interesting, and I love the graphics and the twist that you have to find the lists of what hidden objects to find. The puzzles were interesting, and it was nice to have variety of the type of hidden object game you had. I enjoyed that puzzles spanned several scenes, and that the hints weren't so blatant as to tell you exactly what to do where, like in some other games. They just nudge you in the right direction (when not using to find a specific item on your hidden object list, that is). I will likely buy this game.

The funny thing is that the first time I tried this game, I lost interest very quickly. A second visit to it made all the difference.

Edited on 06/20/2011 at 4:16:45 AM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 9:56 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Dec 3, 11 3:47 PM
Ok, here's my review of Strange Cases - The Lighthous Mystery:

Graphics: Scenery & cutscenes were clear and usually not too dark, but everything looked much like the way computer games looked several years ago without much definition or shadowing. Wide screen was available in Options.

Voices/Sounds: Options gives you the choice of music, sound fx & environmental volume controls. There were no voice-overs although the cutscenes did have talking in them.

Music: The music had its own control in Options, but it was nothing really special. Usually after a great game, one or two of the tunes are still romping around in my head, but nothing stuck from this one (I'm talking about tunes!)

Minis/HOGs: There was no option for game modes, but there were very few twinkles. There were a couple types of HOGs, fractured and finding items in a room. Neither one was terribly difficult, although the fractured pieces had me scratching my head a couple of times.

Game Overall: Boy, I really hate saying anything bad about someone else's efforts in taking you on a journey, either by reading, movies or games, but this one just didn't make it for me. This was a Sulus Games, which I haven't played a lot of, so maybe I'm not familiar with their work, but I wasn't impressed or grabbed by this game. It wasn't just because it was too easy or the music was dull, but I also couldn't connect with the characters. I can't say that the story was too "out there" because I've played a number of stranger story lines.

Recommendation: This was a nice little game - it took me about 4 hours more or less - that I would say is perfect for the novice detective that is literally lead by the hand. At this point, I don't intend to play it again. It was just OK for me, but I'm happy for those fishes that enjoyed this one.

Out of 5 stars, I would give this one: Sorry!

Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery

[Post New]by windrush9 on Mar 14, 12 3:35 AM
[I need help in the cellar. I have the faceted key, but it won't insert in the slot. Keeps returning to the suitcase. What am I missing?

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 3:38:58 AM PST

NWARK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by NWARK on May 19, 12 10:02 PM
I bought this one at Staples, it included both games. I can not tell you how much I disliked them both. To me, they were very boring and not fun to play at all. I started with the Lighthouse one ... big yawn! So I started playing the Tarot Card mystery but, again, no fun factor for me. I finally gave up and threw it in a drawer, I know I won't bother with them again.

Two thumbs down!

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jul 28, 12 7:38 AM
Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery

Woman detective’s former partner dies in suspected suicide. She believes it’s murder and must solve it. I was excited by the title since I love lighthouses – however, unless one is considering the underground lab and Ryde Corporation as being in a lighthouse I saw no connections and no light house. Six Chapters, storyline mediocre and typical. Music – turn it off after five minutes.

Unlike their other offerings this one is not full of occultism! One scene does have a Buddha, a couple skulls, what looks to be a picture of the devil but nothing you interact with.

Scenes were mostly very dark and gloomy looking and difficult to see and find items as they were often quite small. Almost every scene was a clutter of items and the individuals definitely would not earn the Good Housekeeping seal of approval. Only two scenes were bright enough to really halfway enjoy – Sarah’s cluttered room and the messy backyard. Gets a bit more bright and interesting toward the end.

Graphics 2
Music 1*
Mini-games 2.5
Storyline 3
Length 2
Occult content - very low and no interaction except with Shiva mini-game

Over all To many really excellent games with phenomenal graphics and interaction to waste money on this one. Wait until it's $2.99 if you want to try it.

Edited on 07/28/2012 at 7:40:09 AM PST

[Post New]by enjay66 on Jan 2, 13 7:15 AM
Not for me I'm afraid. I definately do not like games where you are held up by "Find the objects" all the time and many of the objects are not visible to the human eye.
Hard to find is one thing but these are invisible in many cases.
A shame because I thought the story had potential before I gave up for good.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 9, 13 11:33 AM
Bought on 1/2 price sale because I liked both S. C.: The
Tarot Card Mystery and S. C.: The Secrets of Graymist
Lake
. This however is an exercise in eyestrain. Tiny,
tiny items in the Find by Shape HOs, and blurry graphics
make the FROGs really difficult. Doubt that I will ever
finish this one.

If I had payed full price, I'd have requested a refund.

Go to: