gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Mysterious Travel - The Magic Diary

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jul 4, 10 4:14 PM
I give this a mixed review... I liked the beginning and it includes humor which is a nice change. But... I didn't like that it started as a "dream day" feel... then all of a sudden you have this psycho storyline... "magic diary" or "crazed psycho killer with a sense of humor" you make the call. Either way I played about 20 minutes and was planning to buy it but... the next 20 minutes changed my mind. Despite the interesting creepy story (which I like) it just didn't fit with the cutesy bright graphics... the contrast wasn't unique and funny to me instead it was just strange. Still... I would have bought it anyway... but it was SO easy and after I had played 40 minutes my attention wandered and I just didn't want to play anymore. Basically a of a game with some in parts...

I know my review is wierd... but the game was weird... I think if they had included a creepier setting to match the storyline it would have been better... don't TELL me there are no people... SHOW ME... there were a few hints like the floating hat and glasses... but just not enough to hold my interest.

Really with this game you just have to try the demo... I think some will like it (especialy those who prefer straight hogs and simple puzzles... but those who like a challenge and demand more from their games will probably want to pass. Probably for the time it was made it was better... but now I've played too many wonderful games like Deadtime Stories to accept anything less. In fact I won't even buy it on a sale weekend like now. Maybe (maybe) if I get desperate for a game and it's on DD someday I'll pick it up but... most likely not.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 4, 10 10:39 PM
Lousy graphics, gave me a headache. Basically very easy game, though. The whole thing was weird, and the only kind of neat touch was the invisible people. I MIGHT buy it as a DD, but not full price. It also crashed my computer about 5 minutes before the demo ended. Started up again, and lost all progress.

HMS123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by HMS123 on Jul 29, 10 5:17 PM
I found this game very annoying!

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Jun 19, 11 2:22 AM
I tried this on full screen where it seemed blurry and non-full screen where it was too small (to be fair I have a wide-screen monitor) and either way it made me feel headachey.

I wasn't sure about the gameplay which seemed a bit too basic and quick, or the weirdly pretty look + supposedly creepy storyline (which dosen't feel creepy) and reading these reviews has kind of confirmed my feeling.

Even for a DD I think I'm not going to be getting it.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 19, 11 3:56 AM
I like this game. Yes, it's simplistic and old fashion in it's game play. But sometimes it's nice to go back. I like the mystery of the story. It has widescreen,no timer,nice sound adjustments. It a hog,Ihog with a good story and cartoon like opening. I think it's a good deal at DD prices. And it's a buy for me. This is a must try for sure. And for us true lovers of hogs,ihogs it's a great game.

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Jun 19, 11 6:18 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote: It has widescreen

I don't think it does, I think it's just stretched?
There is no "widescreen" option and the graphics go a bit odd when in fullscreen (kinda fuzzy) and when not in fullscreen the window is square.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jun 19, 11 6:20 AM
I'm in agee mode with the other fishies .I played for an hour and I would say we are getting spoiled .Much better games out there Not even worth the DD price I loved that quote it was better to change the kitty litter than play this game

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Jun 19, 11 6:20 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:
PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

I don't hang out in the forums much, I know what Hog is, but what is frog, lhog and piglet?

Also I don't think it's quite so simple, some of us Hog lovers don't like this game, some do. (this is assuming those are all variations of Hog games)

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 19, 11 6:31 AM
Skulduggery wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:
PIGLET:
‘ ‘
(o)

I don't hang out in the forums much, I know what Hog is, but what is frog, lhog and piglet?

Also I don't think it's quite so simple, some of us Hog lovers don't like this game, some do. (this is assuming those are all variations of Hog games)

Skulduggery,

Hog = Hidden Object game
IHog = Interactive hidden object game
Frog = Fractured object game

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

These are just short cuts we use to describe a game.
"PILGET" is an acronym for terms and a rating system I came up with to rate games.
I hope this helps.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 19, 11 6:36 AM
Skulduggery wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote: It has widescreen

I don't think it does, I think it's just stretched?
There is no "widescreen" option and the graphics go a bit odd when in fullscreen (kinda fuzzy) and when not in fullscreen the window is square.

I have a full screen and no fuzzyness at all. The graphics are very clear on my computer. I have a widescreen for my computer. It doesn't distort the objects at all for me.

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Jun 19, 11 6:01 PM
ah thanks lovetomisslisa

Er I have no clue about the screen thing then, maybe it depends on the screen size or resolution? It's not dreadful but it's enough to give me a headache.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 19, 11 6:38 PM
Skulduggery wrote:ah thanks lovetomisslisa

Er I have no clue about the screen thing then, maybe it depends on the screen size or resolution? It's not dreadful but it's enough to give me a headache.

Your quite welcome

Yes, on many games you have to change your computers resolution.
have a great day!
LovetoMissLisa

[Post New]by rmscoma on Jun 29, 11 5:29 AM
Has anyone purchased this game? How long is it ? Wish there was a walk through!

Go to: