MrsDebiC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by MrsDebiC on Apr 27, 13 5:51 PM
iPad version, not yet unlocked because—I'm stuck at the car hood where you're supposed to use the rag to open it, according to the Big Fish walkthrough. I've tried and tried to use the rag on the car's hood, and the rag just returns to inventory without opening the hood. No reason to buy the game if I can't play it…

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by LandladyJo on Apr 28, 13 6:47 AM
I used the guide which told me to blow up the apple pie but now I can't open the clock to charge door token? Surely this is a glitch as I was only following the sequence in the guide

Jo

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 28, 13 2:45 PM
LandladyJo wrote:I used the guide which told me to blow up the apple pie but now I can't open the clock to charge door token? Surely this is a glitch as I was only following the sequence in the guide

Jo
In the PC version of the game there was no token for the clock - could it be the dial on the side of the bed instead?

 

Code for padlock in childhood house basement doesn't work. Please fix this bug!

[Post New]by Hannabe on Apr 28, 13 5:21 PM
I tried to enter the code I saw on the bathroom mirror upstairs but no matter what I do, it won't open the cage in the basement. I tried to 'skip' but that doesn't work either. Please fix! I'm so tired of buying buggy big fish games!

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Code for padlock in childhood house basement doesn't work. Please fix this bug!

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 28, 13 8:07 PM
Hannabe wrote:I tried to enter the code I saw on the bathroom mirror upstairs but no matter what I do, it won't open the cage in the basement. I tried to 'skip' but that doesn't work either. Please fix! I'm so tired of buying buggy big fish games!
This is something a lot of people have trouble with. What worked for many of them is to reverse all the buttons on the lock - making the ups go down and vice versa.

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Ola_321 on May 1, 13 9:46 PM
ipad: I am having trouble placing the ladder across the gap in the cliffs, I know im supposed to go across but the ladder will not stay in place it just goes back to my inventory...HELP!!

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 2, 13 12:03 AM
Ola_321 wrote:ipad: I am having trouble placing the ladder across the gap in the cliffs, I know im supposed to go across but the ladder will not stay in place it just goes back to my inventory...HELP!!
This seems to be a problem many iPad users are having - a lot of new bugs have crept into the iPad version!

However, if the iPad game is like the PC/Mac one, placing the ladder isn't essential to continue the game. The piece of paper on the other side shows part of a clue for the override switch puzzle at the top of the lighthouse. You don't need to have this piece to do the puzzle.

Also, you will need your ladder again at a later stage in the game, so you can just keep it.

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by Ola_321 on May 2, 13 10:11 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:
Ola_321 wrote:ipad: I am having trouble placing the ladder across the gap in the cliffs, I know im supposed to go across but the ladder will not stay in place it just goes back to my inventory...HELP!!
This seems to be a problem many iPad users are having - a lot of new bugs have crept into the iPad version!

However, if the iPad game is like the PC/Mac one, placing the ladder isn't essential to continue the game. The piece of paper on the other side shows part of a clue for the override switch puzzle at the top of the lighthouse. You don't need to have this piece to do the puzzle.

Also, you will need your ladder again at a later stage in the game, so you can just keep it.
..


Thank you!!..It was driving me crazy!

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Mumszy5 on May 6, 13 10:52 PM
I am annoyed I am also stuck on the pile of rubble. The pickaxe does nothing I can't even zoom into it. Very frustrated have spent hours getting this far. When is this bug going to be fixed? These games should be checked before being sold to us.

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 7, 13 2:34 PM
Mumszy5 wrote:I am annoyed I am also stuck on the pile of rubble. The pickaxe does nothing I can't even zoom into it. Very frustrated have spent hours getting this far. When is this bug going to be fixed? These games should be checked before being sold to us.
This isn't necessarily a bug but may just mean you haven't found the polaroid picture showing the location of the yellow handle. Go back to the asylum and go into the office. Pull the candlestick on the mantelpiece and look through the new window. Make sure you click on the polaroid so the game registers that you've seen it. You should then be able to dig up the rubble.

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Auouch on May 10, 13 1:05 AM
So the game keeps freezing on me when im on the installation screen, right after I click "I agree" to download the game. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this? My laptops specs are good for the game except for the gigahertz, but I honestly don't think that would affect installation, would it?

 

iPad issue - Area 6

[Post New]by carosyrup on May 11, 13 2:31 AM
I'm playing on my iPad and can't get into Area 6. I matched up all the door tokens for the last water tank but when I inserted them into the slots, one of them went missing! It's just gone! It's not in my inventory. I don't know if this is a glitch in the game or a part of the game. Can anyone help? I don't want to start all over only to find the same issue again as it's taken me a good two weeks to get this far in the game.

Thank you!

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Suebyers1 on May 19, 13 4:47 AM
Stuck on hail clippings
I collected 5 toe clipping 5 then the nose hair and pimples..realised I need all 10 toes clippings but unable to clip them, right foot does not zoom in ?. I have changed clock back to 4.25 but no help..so now stuck ?. Can any help please
Many thanks

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Janders9 on May 19, 13 12:51 PM
I am having the same toenail issue - I hope someone has a suggestion - I am otherwise stuck... (Can't collect left foot toenails - wont zoom in anymore)

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 19, 13 5:42 PM
I just posted this in another thread:

This appears to be a bug in the iPad version that doesn't have a patch yet, unfortunately. Right now the only thing you can do is restart your game and next time do the right foot first. Also make sure you complete both feet before you set the clock for the next chore.

A lot of people had issues with the clock in the PC/Mac version, and it looks like they fixed one problem and created another.

 
ToscaShops
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Missing dynamite -- iPad version

[Post New]by ToscaShops on May 23, 13 3:25 PM
I collected the dynamite from the crate and it was in my inventory for a long time. But now I'm ready to put it in the pie, and it has disappeared. I checked all of the inventory slots, and I have returned to the crate to try to pick it up again. The crate no longer opens, so I know it's gone.

I've tried to check this forum for other reports of disappearing inventory items, but no one has mentioned the dynamite.

Is there a solution to this problem other than deleting the game and starting over?

 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by Pbd2308 on May 29, 13 11:07 PM
I gathered the sweat & blood for the formula needed in the asylum. After depositing the blood the eye dropper disappeared from my inventory before I could obtain the tears. Is there a way to fix this without having to reinstall and play the whole game through again to get to this point? I am using an iPad.
Thanks!

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 11:12:57 PM PST


 

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Tggrjenn on Jun 5, 13 10:28 AM
I finished the game and the 2 bonus puzzles at the end. The last clue on the journal page talks about not knowing who the man is and it shows to access the next game with the letter A. The part of the screen does not show up on my iPad to access the next game. Is this part of this game and how do I access it without the showing on my screen or am I waiting for a totally new game? Thank you

 
Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Sep 9, 13 2:39 PM
I am stuck in the rec room in the asylum trying to do the lobotomy on the mannikin. I am told to use the "ice pick" but all I have is a pick axe. Is that what I am supposed to use and if so, I cannot get it to work. If there is an ice pick somewhere, does anyone remember where it was.

Any help anyone can give me would sure be appreciated.

Meandy

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 9, 13 2:49 PM
Meandy40 wrote:I am stuck in the rec room in the asylum trying to do the lobotomy on the mannikin. I am told to use the "ice pick" but all I have is a pick axe. Is that what I am supposed to use and if so, I cannot get it to work. If there is an ice pick somewhere, does anyone remember where it was.

Any help anyone can give me would sure be appreciated.

Meandy
No, the ice pick and pick axe are two different things. The ice pick for the lobotomy is on a table on the left side of the screen in the electric shock therapy room.

 
 
 
 
Go to: