Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Apr 30, 12 6:39 AM
You should definitely wander and explore some more! The game provides several items that can help you make/start a fire. Sometimes it requires combining inventory items. These are the items you can feed Mina: **crabs, oysters, coconut, eggs and fish ** Some need to be cooked others need to be caught, so you probably need some kind of tools wich you can make once you have discovered enough items to assemble some useful stuff.
Being a bit vague here , but I expect you want to make some discoveries on your own .

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Apr 30, 12 7:08 AM
Signing off for a while but have made progress since my last post. ** Fire made and quite a lot eaten, but strength is not up to getting over the top of the steep path yet. Just can't figure the hook out right now. Need to look around again - nothing else appears to combine. ** Enjoying it very much.

GMum xx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Apr 30, 12 7:13 AM
Hi CFG Missed this post as it was on the next page and I forgot to refresh - yep I've made some progress as you can see from my previous post. Need to make a pie now - in real life I mean, so will come back to it a bit later. Thanks for looking in - really appreciate you taking the time.

GMum xx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Apr 30, 12 11:14 AM
Well I'm done for today. Been a bit up and down. Progressed well then hit brick walls. Have made off the beach and have wandered around making only a bit of progress. Missed one path altogether for ages. Right now I don't seem to have all the right things to make useful items - nothing combines. Anyway, will come back with fresh eyes tomorrow and hopefully reach that poor animal in distress.

GMum xxx

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 30, 12 12:20 PM
Hi Grandmamum, it sounds like you have made some good progress for the first day.

Yes I am playing, I didn't get to it yesterday so will be starting off tonight. I made it about as far as you have on my first play of this game before I abandoned it, but will be starting from scratch tonight.

I'll see you on the Island!

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Apr 30, 12 2:06 PM
Nice to see you Popla - I'll tell you what this is one game where it really is good to have someone there - you really do begin to feel you are all alone on an island, I was really pleased when CFG called in - off to bed now - see you tomorrow and good luck tonight.

GMum

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Apr 30, 12 2:09 PM
PS have realised that I hardly ever look at the task list , whereas in ND I did it all the time. maybe if I kept up with this I would have more luck? xxx

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 30, 12 6:09 PM
Well I have managed to feed her finally! Even after having done this part once, I still had a struggle to completely satisfy her. Man can she eat!

Leaving her on the beach tonight and will continue on tomorrow, time permitting.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 1, 12 11:01 AM
Well, am done for today - had people come so didn't get as much time as I would have liked and had to use a UHS hint for the ** Container ** after hunting all over for one for ages. Learnt more about combining or more accurately uncombining to be able to make something else. Have managed to get Jep well and left Mina awakening from her dream. Still have that pesky monkey in the tree to deal with though.

Good Luck with your exploration today, Popla

GMum xxx

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 1, 12 11:13 AM
@grandmamum Wow, I am impressed, you are making great progress! About the ** pesky monkey, try sending in Jep with a present, something that monkey would like**

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 1, 12 4:02 PM
Hi CFG - thank you , but Oooh it's a lonely old road - I so much prefer the group plays - I'm so grateful for you dropping in for support. It would also be better if popla and i were in the same time zones so we could chat properly. Anyway - am starting to really enjoy the game, but has been the same with all 3 I have played. - 1st day - I can't do this 2nd day- Well it may be fun I'm getting there and 3rd day - I really love this I think one thing is that this is far less linear than DO and ND - with those you had to follow a certain pattern - here it is far more flexible, so in some ways far more difficult - a different mindset.

Anyway - Tomorrow, i will have very limited time as have to do a big clean for visitors on Thursday, but I will try and squeeze in a couple of hours, Re- your hint for the day - thank you so much - left me flummoxed though- ** I don't think I have anything left for Jep to give the monkey, because he (Jep) ate it all ** - but will take that idea into tomorrow.

GMum xxx

Edited on 05/01/2012 at 4:09:20 PM PST

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 1, 12 4:35 PM
Grandmamum you could always *go back to the beach because there is a coconut that Jep can help you get.* You will find that some things may be *out of reach for Mina but not for Jep. *

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 2, 12 4:15 AM
Thanks jboliver - yes I remember those things - that's where we'll head later then.

Thanks so much for looking in , I know you are very busy.

GMum xx

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on May 2, 12 9:50 AM
GMum - wished I'd checked here - I started it on the 30th and just now finished the game. If I can help let me know. Loved it.

Popla - that goes for you as well if you need help.

Edited on 05/02/2012 at 12:54:34 PM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 2, 12 1:35 PM
I have so far managed to **use a catapult to get past the monkeys and partially help to heal Jep but now I am stuck! I have bandaged his head and given him the willow bark but he still isn't well enough to eat and I'm not sure what else I am supposed to do now. **

Taking a break for now as the 360 is getting to me, especially if I am not making any progress but just wandering aimlessly around!

Sounds like you are making good progress Grandmamum.

Edited on 05/02/2012 at 1:37:27 PM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 2, 12 2:45 PM
There is 2 things ** that can help Jep: there is another medicinal plant (taht will score you some extra points) but the main thing he need is plain water **

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 2, 12 3:00 PM
Popla ** water is good - do you have containers - was crucial for me and cost me hours? **

Don't worry this is a long drawn out bit - once you have Jep sorted you can move on really quickly for a while - I think I am due for a big stop tomorrow as I have picked up loads today, but now I have to figure out how to use it.

Good luck.

GMum xxx

Edited on 05/02/2012 at 3:02:44 PM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on May 2, 12 3:31 PM
LOL of all the things I thought of **water wasn't one of them! Will definately look for another medicinal plant, thanks for the tip CfG, and yes I do have a container thanks Grandmamum. I will be sure to give Jep some water. **

Funny how some things are so obvious yet you don't think of them! Well that's what I do anyway!

Yes I find these games often work like that Grandmamum, you feel so clever as you quickly move through several parts of the game. Then just as you start to feel smug, it comes and kicks you in the behind! Just to let you know that the game is the boss and only lets you progress, when it wants you to!

Good luck.

Edited on 05/02/2012 at 3:32:29 PM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 3, 12 3:00 AM
@popla to be honoust you would have thought that by ** giving jep the willow bark brew he had plenty of fluids from this medicinal drink but still, it is (more) water he needs **

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 3, 12 10:56 AM
Well a sort of up and down day today - with a few more downs than ups. As I suspected once I had all those things I got very bogged down with what to combine with what and still haven't got ** the gunpowder for the cannon.** I spent ages googling how to make a ** battery and what saltpeter was, when I finally used a hint and saw I had missed a page from Nemo's journal with all those instructions on. I'd read the torn one but not the other one. Have managed to stun the shark and go underwater, but haven't been in the submarine.Think I may still have some things to do with the still, but chemistry is not my strong point and i really am not keen on these bits.
I haven't ever had all the ingredients for a cake, so I hope it's not going to be vital - in fact I have very little edible stuff left and I am worried they might both get hungry again

So that's it in a nutshell - also used a hint for ** one of the monkeys, because i had no treats it wanted** I've cheated a bit more than I like to, but I do want to try and finish this as quickly as possible so I can join you all for RTMI2 as soon after Saturday as possible,

I expect you will be with me again when you play today, Popla - best of luck while I'm zzzzing

GMum xxx

Go to: