awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 29, 14 6:55 PM

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 1:08:59 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 29, 14 9:52 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

The fastest way to resolve it will probably be to contact your bank (the one that issued your credit card) and formally dispute the charges. If you paid using PayPal, you can contact them by phone and they will step in to settle the dispute. (They can be a true "sanity saver" in situations like this.) Hope this helps.

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 1:09:40 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 29, 14 9:59 PM
A recurrent problem that I have encountered is that when I send a gift to someone for their Wish List, I do not always get the little "postcard" that serves as a confirmation that you have helped a friend. It does, however, always deduct that from the five gifts that we can send each day. I hope the person I sent the item to receives it.

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cabogal on Mar 30, 14 4:48 AM
Awalkinglady,

I had approximately $40 in duplicate charges for Found in game purchases on my credit card statement in October This was right after the website was overhauled. I filled out the online form but ran into problems because billing issues require you enter the first and last 4 digits of the credit card #, but won't let me enter them & won't let me submit it. So I tried various subjects and found a billing subject that let me submit without having to fill in the billing info section. I then filled in all the credit card info in the message box and submitted. I then received an automated email reply and didn't read it, assuming it was to inform me that someone would be contacting me within 24-72 hours. I waited over a week and when no one contacted me I went back and read the email. The email directed me back to the online help pages! Say what??? How's that for customer service?

I tried calling and the automated message says they do not offer phone support, however you can contact them through the website. I tried bypassing the system by pressing 0 and got nowhere.

I tried submitting the online form several more times but finally gave up in frustration. I finally mentioned something to a Moderator and they they had a customer service person contact me. The customer service person then informed me it was too late to do anything about it. Had I wanted a refund I should have contacted them immediately after it happened. I had contacted them but what proof did I have of that? The proof was on that automated response I received which documented what I had submitted. Unfortunately, I accidentally had deleted it.

[Post New]by aPAcounrtygal on Mar 30, 14 10:19 AM
When collecting the flowers I do not always receive the coins I am supposed to, it just restarts at zero flowers without receiving anything for the last 5 collected. Happens fairly often. Also what good are the gifts for friends if you cant send them to your friends, they just sit there and total up, I currently have 125 of them and cant do anything with them.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 30, 14 10:32 AM

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 1:08:13 PM PST

[Post New]by aquarius123 on Mar 30, 14 2:49 PM
I also do not always collect when I have five morphing flowers. I have also found the issue that sometimes I am not given the reward when the task is achieved which is very frustrating, sometimes the task has to be done more than once to get the "reward". I think maybe even the program gets confused when there are multiple tasks to do!

Sweetypuss
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetypuss on Mar 30, 14 6:39 PM
Just started having massive problems with the game. Going into rooms, the pirate area and the witch area, the entire page doesn't download. The rooms open up looking a bit foggy and no item list is displayed. I then have to restart or shut down my computer. I've down this numerous times so the glitch has gotten worse.

I've continued to have problems with the flowers accumulating and getting the money. For every five flowers only one, sometimes two, will get calculated.

I've also continued having problems with the gifting portion of the game. For every five gifts I might get two post cards, sometimes three.

Still absolutely love this game and can't wait for more updates and new rooms, etc.

Sweetypuss
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetypuss on Mar 30, 14 11:31 PM
Thank you for fixing the problem with the partially disappearing rooms. Now, if you can get a handle on the crafting of items/pets that would be fantastic. I finally got enough post cards (which I should have had two weeks ago if I would have received a card for every gift) to craft the pet tiger and what happens? Like with some of the bigger costing items to craft - my money, cards and egg is taken but no pet tiger. I don't even have enough post cards left to craft a pet pig.

Honestly, you guys need to fix this problem - that's a lot of days gifting and money that I've lost.

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cabogal on Mar 30, 14 11:59 PM
MillyW wrote:Chris_2_4 I think they must have left town. I contacted them 5 days ago and have heard nothing. I have not been able to get in to play the game since. Mine is an unable to connect issue. Would atleast be nice if they let you they were working on the problem. I am getting very frustrated and ready to quit Big Fish Games completely.

Didn't you know Big Fish has a new game, it's called Catch a Customer Service Rep if You Can?

Edited on 03/31/2014 at 12:00:39 AM PST

mynana33
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by mynana33 on Mar 31, 14 10:16 AM
Trying to fix the find path, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I now have audio problems, background sounds are too loud and main sounds are too low. I uninstalled and reinstalled again, audio problems continues.

Edited on 03/31/2014 at 12:19:16 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 31, 14 7:03 PM
HUGE problem !! For the last few days, every time I get into the game, it tells me "Unable to connect to the Server". So I click on "Retry", and it works.

However, just now I went into the game, and went into my Friends list - there were gifts waiting. But when I got in, I got another Error message, saying "No Server Connection". So I clicked on "OK" and then on "Retry" and it worked.

However, all my gift are gone !! Not only that, each time I now try to enter the Friends section I get the same Error message coming up. Each and every single time. I don't dare send gifts myself now for fear that I get the "Not connected" message again, which happened a lot yesterday during gameplay. And I mean A LOT.

ETA: I just sent a gift and that, at least, still seems to work.

--- --- ---

More ETA: To my horror, I just noticed that my WISH LIST IS GONE!! There is nothing at all there, just a blank space. And I had all 4 opening, but now it's all gone.

I can still see my friends list at the left, and the wish list of others at the bottom, but not my own wish list.

--- --- ---

ETA: Tried it again: saw that someone had sent a gift, went into the Friends section, and got the "no connection" message, and gift had disappeared. And my own Wish List is still no longer there.

Not sure I care to continue with this game anymore. I have sent many hours to get where I am now, but these glitches are just rediculous.

--- --- ---

I reinstalled the game to see if it makes any difference, but it doesn't. Still get the "No connection" and when I go into the Friends section, the gifts vanish, my wish list is still gone, and I get the "no connection" error message. What the heck happened?

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 5:01:11 AM PST

[Post New]by 9261sad on Apr 1, 14 8:42 AM
I have noticed the scores I have one day are not the same the next - also I get certain articles and when I go to use them - they are not there. Hope these two things do not continue to happen - until now I have been enjoying the game.

[Post New]by milliemaltese on Apr 2, 14 10:58 AM
I am having problems with HOS coming up with no list at the bottom and no exit at the top. I have to get to the task manager and shut down the game, restart it, etc. At first it only happened occasionally, but now it's happening almost every game session. Today it happened at the Battle Pit and when I signed back in it happened at the Tent. I am using a Gateway machine with Windows 8. Hope you get this fixed with your usual speed. Please tell the graphic designers that their artwork is terrific. I wish you had a way we could look at the backgrounds for the HOS (hidden objects optional) just so we could appreciate all the detail. Regards.

Edited on 04/02/2014 at 11:00:51 AM PST

greenley7
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by greenley7 on Apr 2, 14 11:47 AM
Still having more problems with the Social area the cursor hangs and it takes up to 5 minutes to open gifts send gifts etc...it is becoming a real pain and hassle I have put in a Dr Felix report regarding this issue and followed the instructions sent by customer service and it still has not fixed this highly annoying problem. The best part of this game is sending friends gifts and accepting new friends it should not freeze my screen for 5 minutes at a time just to do one task at a time! This issue has not been resolved please update or fix or whatever. Thanks.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 2, 14 6:42 PM
milliemaltese wrote:I am having problems with HOS coming up with no list at the bottom and no exit at the top. I have to get to the task manager and shut down the game, restart it, etc. At first it only happened occasionally, but now it's happening almost every game session. Today it happened at the Battle Pit and when I signed back in it happened at the Tent. I am using a Gateway machine with Windows 8. Hope you get this fixed with your usual speed. Please tell the graphic designers that their artwork is terrific. I wish you had a way we could look at the backgrounds for the HOS (hidden objects optional) just so we could appreciate all the detail. Regards.

You can see the backgrounds for the HOS by going to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Midnight Castle\assets\hos\
Click on the one you want to look at and choose background
A full size picture of the HOS background will be there

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 2, 14 9:04 PM
I just wanted to bring to the attention of CS and the mods and Elephant Games that what was suggested by Customer Services, to uninstall the game, the Game manager, the files and folders, and then reinstall everything, didn't work for me.

I did everything CS suggested, and still am on the same level with all my inventory intact, except that now I don't have any friends anymore, and my wish list is still gone, and the gifts still vanish, and I still get the "no connection found" message coming up.

In other words, I can't get rid of this particular game to start a new one - unless I use a new user account, which I won't do - and even then this first game is still there.

NyneZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by NyneZ on Apr 3, 14 11:45 AM
Hi all

Really dont like having to be in this thread but it finally happened..UGH I am having the exact same problem as Valdy and dont know what to do????????

Any suggestions ????

[Post New]by emilin44 on Apr 3, 14 4:07 PM
When I log into game daily "day 1" only comes up; even though I play the game more days in a row. I would like to get the coins I am supposed to receive.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 3, 14 6:09 PM
NyneZ wrote:Hi all

Really dont like having to be in this thread but it finally happened..UGH I am having the exact same problem as Valdy and dont know what to do????????

Any suggestions ????

Hi NyneZ

I am so sorry to hear that you have the same problems, but it does show that there is obviously something wrong with the server we are on.

I have decided not to play this game anymore unless we are getting a Reset button. I tried to reinstall the game as suggested by Customer Services (not sure why they thought it worked), but it didn't work. All other F2P games have a restart button, but not this one. In fact, this game seems to be only half-finished. There is no Delete button either, so you can't delete a friend or the rejected ones. *sigh*

Go to: