Dupredunn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Longest RPG on Bigfish

[Post New]by Dupredunn on Sep 15, 08 3:56 PM
This game is longer than either of the Aveyonds on Bigfish. The map is huge. It has older graphics, but you get to roll up your party and search for loot on the map. My group got 25% value for selling so I don't bother picking anything up worth less than 4 gp. It's self directed with lots of side quests. Combat is turnbased. The game does not incorporate voices but there is a lot of textual description. It's an awesome game for hardcore old-fashioned computer role players.

Re:Longest RPG on Bigfish

[Post New]by Alan_Pendragon on Jun 10, 09 1:16 PM
Try 3 Stars of Destiny, I can assure you it's huge.

johndaytrader
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by johndaytrader on Jun 10, 09 1:55 PM

Avernum 4 and 5 for that matter are great games and Avernum has maps as part of its programming technology which makes the journey much easier for some of us. Great story, great game.

[Post New]by xander32839 on Mar 4, 12 9:08 PM
All of Spiderweb Software's games (at least the ones I've tried) are fantastic and long.

If you enjoy Avernum 4, then try Avernum 5, and 6 from their website (just search for Spiderweb Software on google). Their other series (Geneforge) has 5 games also.

The newest game is Avadon: The Black Fortress. This year, they're releasing a new Avernum title.

If you couldn't tell already, I'm a major fan of their games! LOL. I anxiously await each new installment.

The developer doesn't offer any of his other games on BFG, but I've spoken to him (via e-mail) - I discovered his games through BFG and have now spent a fortune buying all his others. It's great advertising for him to attract a following. I'm hoping to convince him to release more on BFG - possibly some of his older games (which are still amazingly long).

Go to: