Edited on 11/10/2015 at 6:31:05 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Trials of Olympus here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 10, 15 6:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Trials of Olympus here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Trials of Olympus.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Nov 10, 15 6:38 AM
1. does anyone know where the relaxed mode is?
2. Is everyone else having trouble shifting the items to make matches, cause if it's like mine and it's timed wow wasting time galore.
3. Is this an old time game?
4. Unless they fix and add relaxed mode and make it easier to shift, and also make the moves a little faster I won't be buying this game......................
5. I LOVE MATCH 3 GAMES BUT NOT THIS ONE

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Nov 10, 15 7:43 AM
It seemed to work okay for the 10 mins. I lasted. What dusty corner did they find this hiding in?

There doesn't appear to be a relaxed mode, the tiles are tiny, the graphics are so bad they're amusing (like bad Project Runway contestants).

There seems to be a lot of dialogue between Angelo and his gf whose name I've forgotten. He was an angel architect and now her father is making him build a city to prove himself and you have to collect pieces from various areas.

Angelo had a guardian angel but he didn't show up while I was playing.

My hand went cold.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Nov 10, 15 7:53 AM
Trailed this, it looks old, the graphics are from an age gone by, fuzzy to say the least, and it runs so slow it borders on boring, takes an age to drop matches, and why the stars?, theres no where I can see that you have to do it in a certain time, no buy for me.
happy gaming.

[Post New]by XFreak on Nov 10, 15 10:07 AM
Really?
I enjoyed so much with this game,
It is simple classic match3 game with great storyline

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 10, 15 11:48 AM
Well, it says on the start up screen that it works best with XP and Win7 systems and that it will be slow on Win 8 and Win 10 systems because of the differences in DirectX.

I'm rather surprised that BFG would offer such a developmental fossil, but hey, I'm sure there are many who will appreicate it! It looks like a fun and spiffy Match 3. Sorry that it wouldn't work for me (Win 8.1)

I likes a fun little Match 3!

Edited on 11/10/2015 at 11:49:26 AM PST

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 10, 15 1:50 PM
I'm using windows 8.1 and the game works fine for me. With the warning at the beginning I thought perhaps it wouldn't but I was wrong.
One thing: I have finished the first part...building four buildings and now I am to fight some kind of demon but they do NOT tell me how to do so. I just keep on matching and ending up running out of time because I have no idea what to do. Does anyone know? I guess I am just dense or something.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 10, 15 5:01 PM
Well, I'm a Match-3 lover so I demo all of them I see. I quickly realized this was by the same developers as Enchanted Islands and Amanda's Sticker Book (both of which I own), plus several others here on BFG that I've somehow missed.

I played this trial on Win 7 Pro and the game played smoothly. Tiles drop quickly and best of all, I can make matches as quickly as I see them -- no need to wait for the board to settle.

There is no need for a relaxed mode -- there is no timer. There is what looks like a timer but it's a Bonus Bar used to determine the number of stars you earn on each level.

There are the usual powerups which help clear the boards. There are also the spiders that spin webs to make things tougher. The good news is that you can drop them off the board by making matches under them. Their expression as they are dropping off is priceless.

As to the Boss levels, those are reasonably easily accomplished by making matches right over the head of the Boss as it is marching back and forth. I can't swear to it but I think I saw that the Boss levels are timed. He does put up his power shield where the stuff won't drop on him, but you can continue making matches in the other parts of the board to maybe set up big matches to drop on him once his shield goes away.

The story and the graphics of the scenes are good. The fly in the ointment is the M-3 tiles which although colorful and nicely sized, unfortunately appear less well-defined than in most M-3. The slightly blurry edges of the tiles are noticeable, but not enough to keep me from enjoying the game.

Our winnings go to build up the new home of our hero (and his gal pal). There is no decision for us as to locating improvements, just hit the Buy button and it happens.

I don't get games from other portals, just occasionally from developers, so I didn't know this had been released elsewhere prior to BFG releasing it. Doesn't bother me since it's new to me today. I found a lot to like, so it's a buy for me.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 11, 15 3:31 AM
Thanks aquanguijaya for the information. I will give it another try. I did not see any tutorial and earlier was wondering why. I'll have to try again under a new name and see what happens. thanks again

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 12, 15 6:40 AM
What a fun match 3. Despite the fact it has all those annoying things in it that drive me nuts like dialog, the "oh wow" voice during the game levels, etc. but they were done so well they were actually a joy to listen to since the voice overs were a kick. Loved the story and actually sat through (and looked forward to) the cut scenes which I am notorious for skipping.

I want to say since there does seem to be some bad reviews that I had no tech problems with this game. Graphics were very clear and responded very quickly to my mouse clicks. I did have to turn on tutorial for a brief time to figure out how to get rid of the spiders (cute), etc., but other than that, the game is pretty self-explanatory.

Very beautiful graphics and color and great animations. Interesting tweaks to the match 3 levels also. The game is timed but the timer is generous and does not affect gameplay if you don't beat it as far as I could see since I never ran it totally all the way down. However, it will give you 1-3 stars depending upon how far it runs down. There is no need for a "relaxed" mode in this game.

This is a builder game so you do build a beautiful city. The only negative thing I can say about is it is a bit short, at least compared to something like the Jewel series that go on forever. The ending does indicate there is an Olympus II in the works so I will be waiting for it. Highly recommend for match 3 lovers.

Edited on 11/12/2015 at 6:48:26 AM PST

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Nov 14, 15 7:11 PM
Since I love M3 games for relaxing, I thought I would enjoy this. With or without a relaxed mode, I found that I could not stand to see the mouths move without any sound and those mouths were really animated. I had a problem getting back to the menu to end the game. There is no menu option unless you hit play. While there is a skip/fast forward option for dialog, it doesn't just speed it up, it actually skips the entire dialog. It seemed like a lovely and attractive game when I began it. Too bad; not for me.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Nov 14, 15 10:40 PM
I can't believe there are so few posts here! I'm enjoying this game very much, but of course I haven't had any tech issues. Thanks to all who explained the Boss levels, I thought when his shield came up that meant I had damaged him badly! I also couldn't figure out how to get 3 stars, it seems so random.

One question, if anyone is still listening: What are the "Bonus pieces"? Sometimes I have a bunch of them, but mostly I get a big zero. Is it using the bonus power-ups a lot? or getting a lot of extra pieces that you are supposed to collect that level? (Like, if it says you need to collect 20 diamonds, but you collect 50, is that what the bonus thingies are?

Knew I shouldn't have turned tutorial off so early!

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Dec 30, 15 11:48 AM
Really sweet match 3. Great sound fx. Nice visuals. Perfect for young adults.

GMSlave
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GMSlave on Feb 29, 16 8:23 AM
I purchased the game and played it all the way through. It's definitely "old school" and uninteresting , the graphics are lousy and I feel I've been ripped off on this one. I definitely recommend a resounding NO.

Go to: