Edited on 11/11/2015 at 6:35:07 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 11, 15 6:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Nov 11, 15 11:01 AM
Since no one has reviewed this game, I'll give it a try.

This is a large-file adventure game - typical for Nancy Drew. Two modes of play: Amateur Sleuth (somewhat casual) and Master Sleuth (no hints, harder puzzles). There is a task list that keeps growing. I managed to check one item off the list during the demo.

You start at an amphitheater where a woman yells for 'Help'. There is a lot of wandering around and meeting a few people. I met several people and discovered areas of the amphitheater.

Next I got to the museum. There are lots of interesting exhibits. There is an easy trick to get into the office. I managed to build three temple exhibits, then found the sheet that offered hints (LOL).

I love Greek and Roman mythology, so I will probably buy this game. It promises to take a long time to complete simply because you do a lot of walking around - typical for adventure games there is no map, so no jumping around. (Unless I just missed it.)

As usual, please try the game to see if it is one you might like to play. It will take patience, but the story is quite interesting so far.

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Nov 11, 15 5:01 PM
KCE, where did you find the submit button for the 3 temples? I have done exactly as shown, but no submit so I can print. Thanks...

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Nov 11, 15 8:56 PM
After selecting <start> and making the selections, there is a submit button at the upper right. If any selection is wrong, it says 'the gods disapprove" and you can change one or more of the selections. If your selections were right, it says "The gods approve" and automatically prints. Hope that helps.

BTW: Be careful and save during the game and when you leave the game. I thought I did, but didn't and had to start over.

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Nov 11, 15 10:07 PM
Thanks for help. I restarted computer and the submit button was there. Strange! Got all 3 temples and moving on. Thanks again.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Nov 14, 15 4:32 PM
I was really excited to see that I could FINALLY demo a Nancy Drew game. I was enjoying it immensely when the demo came to an end. Unfortunately, I did not save my game before that happened and now have to start all over. What I did play was very interesting with good puzzles, a decent hint system, and intriguing storyline. As usual, the voicing is excellent.

[Post New]by karinajoy on Dec 3, 15 9:29 AM
Really pleased with this game; for once you don't need the reflexes of a speedy youth to get through the game!

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Dec 30, 15 2:06 PM
I am an OLD Nancy Drew fan...back from the days when you had to buy a disc and get it into your computer that way. This is the first time I've played a ND game, obviously, for a LONG time. And I loved it. It was like visiting an old friend...and old challenging friend. I like that these games take some figuring out and some trial and error (LOTS of error!!). Graphics and voice over are, as always, excellent. And this game takes more than a couple of hours to play. The only thing I would recommend, is to SAVE BEFORE you start the puzzles. That way, if you really need to reset the puzzle and it doesn't have a reset button (not all of them do!) you can just reload and "Bob's your uncle!" Great game...hours of frustrating fun...loved it!! Thanks Big Fish!!

[Post New]by Andibarnard on Jan 21, 16 4:33 PM
Labyrinth of Lies is a typical Nancy Drew. It is full of intrigue, mystery and fun. The puzzles were not overwhelmingly difficult but different and clever. The story line was a labyrinth in itself. As is usual with Nancy Drew, there are no out-of-context hidden objects in the game which is nice. They are just the sort of game and old brain like mine needs to keep exercised. Thank you HER for yet another great ND!

samizdat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by samizdat on Jun 3, 16 2:23 PM
This is a very good installment of the Nancy Drew series from ****. I have played most of these games, and there was a time when the games were not that great - the storyline was lacking and the game was too simple or annoying with characters who talked way too much. This one does a great job - it's fun, a bit scary sometimes, a bit educational (you won't mind) and challenging.

I like that this game has a lot of places to explore and several clever puzzles to solve. There's no money you need to collect or meals you have to prepare - in other words, no tedious tasks.

The game is somewhat nonlinear, so you don't have to complete one thing before you can start another.

There are several suspicious characters, so you're guessing who did it up until the end.

Go to: