tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

dropping through the circles

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 11, 15 4:00 PM
I have just reached #90 (but not enough resources to build next factory - or whatever it is called). I have had a lot of screens where I have to drop fishnets, ropes, etc but cannot figure out how to drop them through the circles from one part to the other. I guess I have just been lucky in being able to finish those screens but cannot figure out how to do it purposefully. The gummies, etc drop so quickly I don't see what I did! Any help for this newbie is appreciated!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

dropping through the circles

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 11, 15 4:25 PM
tj1147 wrote:I have just reached #90 (but not enough resources to build next factory - or whatever it is called). I have had a lot of screens where I have to drop fishnets, ropes, etc but cannot figure out how to drop them through the circles from one part to the other. I guess I have just been lucky in being able to finish those screens but cannot figure out how to do it purposefully. The gummies, etc drop so quickly I don't see what I did! Any help for this newbie is appreciated!!

As you have noted, these circles are portals though which gummies move from one section of the board to another. They exit through the yellow portals and reenter through the blue ones. Gummes exit the board (drop) pemanently only through exit columns, which have an arrow at the bottom. While playing you must observe where each portal leads to and play accordingly- for example, if you have souvenirs you must guide them to one of the exit columns, either through portals (usually the long way), or by moving them sideways (short way).

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:dropping through the circles

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 12, 15 2:39 AM
Thank you! I will try to pay better attention!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 12, 15 9:18 AM
There are some levels where I couldn't tell how the portals were working no matter how hard I tried to pay attention. But do watch for the ones where the blue re-entry portal is near the bottom of the board and has just one gummy below it. It's very hard to match to that single gummy to clear it. That's a good time to use a shovel boost. Good luck!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 12, 15 10:21 AM
There are various types of boards with portals, and yes, in some you can't tell which way they are going. Fortunately, these levels can usually be passed without having to find out, and some of them don't even have exit columns, so it's all about matches and points in those cases.

Generally, it's always a good idea to make matches at or near the bottom so that more gummies can potentially drop. This means that in boards with portals, it's good to start from the bottom of exit columns specifically. If you do that, in addition to helping more gummies drop you can also find the route in reverse order, which is less confusing than doing it the other way around.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 13, 15 12:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

To add to eli173's helpful advice, we have some really great resources for this game which include this Forum as well as the Gummy Drop! Tips and Tricks page. For all things Gummy Drop!, I'd also like to refer you to the following:

Gummy Drop! Headquarters FAQ, Help & News!

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

Go to: