bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haunted Hotel: The X Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 12, 15 12:29 AM
Big Fish Editor's Choice! This title was chosen for its high standard of quality and amazingly positive reviews from our Game Club beta testers.

Your sister, Samantha, has always been tenacious, but she might have just gotten herself in over her head! She’s gone missing while investigating the Lexington Hotel, where a brutal crime happened decades ago. When you arrive to find her, you quickly realize that the spirits of the past are still restless… and angry. To find your sister and escape with your own life, you’ll need to uncover the truth about what happened there all those years ago. Are you brave enough to face what’s hiding in the darkened halls of the Lexington Hotel? Find out in this spine-chilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

See what our Beta testers had to say:

“Another impressive game from Elephant Games, which always delivers a great storyline, excellent graphics, sound and playability!â€?  - Janet, Beta Tester

“WOW!! This is one smoking game. Totally awesome. Graphics and special effects are unbelievably good!â€?  - Matthew, Beta Tester

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel: The X Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bartsister on Nov 12, 15 6:33 AM
I responded to a beta test invite for this one and really liked it. I think Elephant took a lot of time to add in some fun little things. I recommend clicking on everything like it was an adventure game or you might miss some of the fun creepy stuff. Different things would happen sometimes even the third time I entered the room. One specific click (that I shall not spoil by naming) seriously made me jump. I was expecting nothing or something simple and then EEK! So, I had fun.

The last Haunted Hotel (Phoenix something) wasn't haunted and wasn't really a hotel so I was absolutely thrilled that the X is marking a spot in a very haunted hotel here.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 12, 15 6:06 PM
I also played the beta for this one a while ago and it was an excellent game. The best Haunted Hotel yet IMO. And yes, click on everything. Lots going on.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 13, 15 8:26 AM
I really liked the game, but clicked on everything but saw nothing happening??

Also read that there are a lot of spiders but saw only one, which didn't scare me
When does the creepy things show??

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 13, 15 2:20 PM
shelterhill wrote:I really liked the game, but clicked on everything but saw nothing happening??

Also read that there are a lot of spiders but saw only one, which didn't scare me
When does the creepy things show??

I don't know about all the spiders since I have only played the demo so far while I wait for a sale price I can afford.....
but, the spiders that really, really got to me had to do with a telephone that was ringing softly and I decided to click it.
That might just cure me of clicking on everything.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 14, 15 5:23 AM
tookat wrote:
but, the spiders that really, really got to me had to do with a telephone that was ringing softly and I decided to click it.

Thanks, I'll remember this!!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 14, 15 7:12 PM
shelterhill wrote:
tookat wrote:

And a doll's head....
there is also a doorway that has to be cleared.
This is not doing my spider phobia any good.....but, I love creepy games.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 15, 15 9:03 AM
I will find out, because I will be getting this one, just waiting for a good sale to come along

ccraig41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ccraig41 on Nov 15, 15 11:33 AM
Glitch in the secret room?
You are supposed to find morphing objects. Found 3 of the first 4, couldn't find fourth. Used hint. The object it selected never morphed and would not allow me to select it.
Cannot progress any further without this object.
Frustrated.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 17, 15 8:24 AM
I really liked this game and thought it was the best of all the Haunted Hotels - until I got to the bonus game. Had nothing but trouble, and after finishing, the "Secret Room" didn't work at all. I am sorry I didn't wait for the SE. I would have been much happier enjoying a very good game without the frustration and waste that was the bonus and extras.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 21, 15 5:29 AM
tookat wrote:
shelterhill wrote:
tookat wrote:

And a doll's head....
there is also a doorway that has to be cleared.
This is not doing my spider phobia any good.....but, I love creepy games.

Played the game and found the Phone and doll, with the creepy crawlers... love it that they made my squeeky

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 21, 15 1:59 PM
Lol.....
I am glad that those old phones that unscrew like that are almost never seen anymore......so, I won't have to worry about a spider filled phone....
but, I vow to stay away from all dolls in the future.
Especially creepy dolls with sharp teeth.....and to lock all sharp knives away in childproof cabinets and drawers.

!!!!!
That is what we need again! A creep doll game!

Go to: