whats this all about??!!

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

whats this all about??!!

[Post New]by 2easy on Oct 17, 09 10:07 PM
No idea whats going on here....forget this one!

bizzeebee
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:whats this all about??!!

[Post New]by bizzeebee on Oct 17, 09 10:49 PM
I'm with ya on this one 2easy...Loved it for about the first 5-10 minutes then got completely fuzzled, and couldn't ever figger another living thing out LOL

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Oct 19, 09 9:30 PM
Too right Bizzeebee......Ithink even Inspector Parker cant understand it.....well Inspector...your on your own on this one! Call in Columbo if you like!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 19, 09 9:32 PM
This is one of my all time favorite games! I play it all the time! Love it!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Oct 19, 09 9:33 PM
Didn't you guys ever play logic puzzles? I wish there were more like this one.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Oct 19, 09 11:38 PM
LOL!!

bizzeebee
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by bizzeebee on Oct 19, 09 11:46 PM
This is is such a fun game

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Oct 20, 09 7:41 PM
bizzeebee wrote:This is is such a fun game
glad your enyoying it

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Jun 21, 10 7:38 AM
Uninstalled it after 10 min. Booring!!!

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jun 21, 10 8:32 AM
I want to buy it, just 20 minutes left on my free trial, and cant understand one word of what I am supposed to do. I know 2.99 isnt much for a game, but I dont want it to just stand there like other games I have bought, and never played because I couldnt go any further. I just dont get it. Anyone help???

[Post New]by chris122049 on Jun 21, 10 8:37 AM
I only played it 10 minutes and I knew I would love it. It's like World Mosaics. You figure out where the suspects and victim and weapons are in what room by eliminating them by the clues given. If Boris is to the right of Maurice, then Boris can't be in room 1 and Maurice can't be in room 3. That kind of thing. It's just like a logic puzzle but with pictures....................Love it!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jun 21, 10 9:58 AM
SPOILER ALERT
Oh good grief!! Just kidding. If you click on each thing on the right and read what is said about them, you can kind of figure it out Just read them slowly. It might take a couple of times, but it isn't super hard. For example in one of the puzzles in the first hour, one of "witnesses" said "'Boris is to the left of Poria". Another said "Maurice is to the left of Boris". So that tells you that Portia is to the far right, Boris is in the middle and Maurice is in the first room...on the left. Then it tells you what weapon is above each person.

With games like this you have to take your time. Relax!! Read them slowly. I am sure it will get harder as it goes along but that's how games like this are. Like Chris and Kish said, it's a logic puzzle/game So far I am liking this game. Also it is a cheaper way of filling out a Punch Card. I already have 1 Punch Card filled and 2 punches on a 2nd card so if I definitely decide to get the game, it will be my 3rd punch.

If you need help with the game, feel free to PM me and I will help you, if I can.

Emmie1956
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emmie1956 on Jun 21, 10 1:02 PM
Any chance of someone posting a walkthrough for Inspector Parker? Based on the reviews, I bought without trying first, Now that it is downloaded, I'm DUH!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 21, 10 1:04 PM
Emmie1956 wrote:Any chance of someone posting a walkthrough for Inspector Parker? Based on the reviews, I bought without trying first, Now that it is downloaded, I'm DUH!

Hi Emmie1956- welcome to the forums!

Sorry but It's different every time you play.....

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jun 21, 10 4:01 PM
This is one of my favorite games. I most definitely do not play it on timed - I take too long, being very methodical. I take each clue on the right and eliminate as many of the icons on the left each time through the set of clues. I usually play the top level on either medium or deadly. I like medium as it has more interesting clues - not just the hard clues. I've played through the career mode a few times. I've read all the character descriptions and other background information. It's somewhat like the game Clue.

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by twin_mom on Jun 21, 10 5:09 PM
Absolutely love this game. One of my all time favourites.

For those not use to the gameplay, I highly recommend the tutorial.

For those who think it is too easy, it does get more challenging as your rank increases. Can't really get into this game in just 10 minutes.

Walkthrough not available as each time you play is different i.e. randomly generated. To my knowledge I've never had the same board twice and given how much I've played this says a lot about the replayability of the game.

Of course just MHO, but give it a try. You might just like it. :-)

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jun 21, 10 5:24 PM
I like this game, but then I like the Logic Line game in L.O.B.E.

If you find it's too easy, keep going, because the puzzles do get harder as you go along.

All in all, a fun puzzle game, which I think I'll get because of it's high re-playability (the clues are random so there are a lot of different possible games), it's only $2.99, and because I only need 1 more to fill up my punch card

quiltz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by quiltz on Jul 21, 10 7:57 PM
This is the kind of game which helps to keep your mind sharp. You need to think logically to eliminate the wrong suspects and weapons, etc. Keep at it awhile and it will make more sense ..... even try using the "hints" button and it can help you follow the same situation next time you encounter it.

Heaven knows I can use all the help I can get in the mind sharpening area! <LOL>

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Jul 22, 10 12:27 AM
It's also one of my favourite game (was the second casual game I bought at all, the first being "BeTrapped"). I like the logical approach and figuring out where someone or something could be. It gets more and more difficult the longer you play, but with a little bit of concentration, a little bit of luck and a hint every now and then you can definitely finish it. (But better play without the timer, at least for the first few times around...)

Unfortunately, I only know of one more game like it, "A Series of Unfortunate Events". I'd love to see more of them.

To solve a screen, you have to check the clues on the right side. Clues like "Maurice is one room to the left of the hall" are the best, because they give you a location, but the other clues are useful in their own way. I usually erase the various characters and objects from those rooms where they can't be - according to the clues - and then I see where only one of a kind remains. From then onwards, things usually fall in place quickly enough. But I guess everyone has their own way of solving it.

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Poliwird on Sep 19, 10 5:35 AM
b00kworm wrote:Unfortunately, I only know of one more game like it, "A Series of Unfortunate Events". I'd love to see more of them.

One of the first games based on the 'Einstein's Puzzle' was a 1991 Everett Kaser's DOS game called Sherlock. It's not so hard to find on the web. I still would prefer it over all modern remakes: i appreciate the idea and graphics in Inspector Parker but the rules in Sherlock are slightly different and better.

Go to: