bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Danger Next Door: Miss Teri Tale's Adventure

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 18, 09 12:02 AM
Your neighbor and friend, Monty, has been murdered! It`s up to Miss Teri Tale to solve the case by investigating the crime scene and paying close attention to the details. Use her unique powers to dive into Monty`s memories, penetrate his subconscious, solve fun-filled enigmas, and find different clues. Explore photo-realistic Hidden Object scenes and solve discover the Danger Next Door!

Re:Danger Next Door: Miss Teri Tale's Adventure

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Oct 18, 09 12:45 AM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 6:59:38 PM PST

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Oct 18, 09 1:11 AM
I agree - Worst game ever. When they called a baseball bat a paddle, that is when I quit.

jojoqua
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by jojoqua on Oct 18, 09 1:40 AM
That was the one of the weirdest demos I ever played ... and what was with Alyssa's voice? She sounded like she was an old lady! Not buying.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Oct 18, 09 1:43 AM
Oh no, from the reviews it sounds bad. It was pretty good when I beta tested it a while back, well I will have to download and see for myself. Well voices won't be an issue I rarely play games with sound on

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Oct 18, 09 2:10 AM
Well, I disagree with everyone so far. This game is a bit out of the ordinary, quite surreal in places, but that's fine by me. Ok, the music is irritating, but you can turn it off, likewise the voices. The characters are interesting, and the short while I've played it suggests the game might be fun.

If you enjoyed Pure Hidden you might well like this one - it has the same kind of quirkiness.

If you're offended by references to alcoholic beverages though, you might want to give this game a miss!!

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on Oct 18, 09 2:19 AM
It sounded good when i read about it, but after playing the demo for about 20 minutes i have to say a big from me. Its boring, alot of junk pile. There is interaction with some items but still i had to quit this game....

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Oct 18, 09 2:21 AM
I think it is kind of quirky and cute, I agree that it seems a lot like Pure Hidden.

flo314ca
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by flo314ca on Oct 18, 09 2:23 AM
Not sure why everyone hated this game so much. I've enjoyed all the past Miss Teri Tales. They are all a little quirky but it's still fun gameplay. I don't really follow the story and I don't play with the sound on so I wasn't annoyed by all that. I liked the interactive objects that you had to find.

So far, I made it to chapter 5. There are a variety of mini games too which I thought were fun. I played the full hour and had fun playing it. It wasn't one of those games where you could click everywhere and know what was on the list already without looking.

Not going to buy for now, but still IMHO a good game!

vloert
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by vloert on Oct 18, 09 3:08 AM
flo314ca wrote:Not sure why everyone hated this game so much. I've enjoyed all the past Miss Teri Tales. They are all a little quirky but it's still fun gameplay. I don't really follow the story and I don't play with the sound on so I wasn't annoyed by all that. I liked the interactive objects that you had to find.

So far, I made it to chapter 5. There are a variety of mini games too which I thought were fun. I played the full hour and had fun playing it. It wasn't one of those games where you could click everywhere and know what was on the list already without looking.

I fully agree with the above.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 18, 09 3:22 AM
flyingsquirrely wrote:Oh my gosh I had to quit this game. Talk about crazy!!

The characters are very annoying.
The music is very annoying.
The scenes are piles and piles of junk. It was like being in a horders house.
I was getting anxiety just the 15 minutes I played.
The hints do fill up fast.
There are some interaction amounst the objects.
The objects are pretty easy to find.

That is what I got out of 15 minutes. I hope I didn't offend anyone but this game is the worst game I have ever played on Big Fish.

Am I crazy too? What are your opinions?

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 18, 09 3:24 AM
never seen a bad hog like this, agree with all players that think this game is bad.
scenes doesnt make sence, just junk
not worth a gamecredit

froggiefly
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by froggiefly on Oct 18, 09 4:32 AM
I thought it was fun, I totally lost track of time and was very disappointed when it suddenly ended! I usually don't play with sound either because repetitive music dives me bonkers! I skip dialogues during the demo to save time. I liked the mini games because they were not the usual kind! I liked the different weird scenes too, like I said, it was fun!!
I liked it and will be buying it in the next dew days!!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Oct 18, 09 4:46 AM
I've played out the demo now, and will almost certainly buy!

Unusually, I found myself enjoying the artwork so much I kept forgetting to look at the objects. Try clicking on the pop-up scenes to see what happens. A fountain spurts, the camper van crashes into the fence, look at tiny details in the "junkpiles" - a happy face with blinking eyes for example; so much work has gone into the design of this game compared with some we see, and it's really original!

The opening music is a bit annoying, but don't switch it off, it's different for different scenes - one is just birdsong!

To those who have been put off by the reviews above, I say give it a try, take time to really look at the game, ignore the irritating voices, and play it in the spirit it was written in!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 18, 09 5:18 AM
I kinda enjoyed the first two also, so I expect that I will buy this one too. This day is mine, and I am truly in hog heaven...I have an abundance of games to play and fully intend to play them all, after I have had some well deserved sleep. Thank you BF for listening and responding so well to those of us who can't get enough of our hogs, lol. And got my medal yesterday, and thank you for that bit of appreciation.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Oct 18, 09 5:19 AM
Have just finished the demo and although its not a game I will be buying I did enjoy the hours play. I always play games with the sound off so can't comment on the music, and I also skip the dialogue when playing a demo. The hidden object scenes were quirky and different so I would give this game

Edited on 10/18/2009 at 5:19:50 AM PST

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Oct 18, 09 5:43 AM
LilyCat wrote:Well, I disagree with everyone so far. This game is a bit out of the ordinary, quite surreal in places, but that's fine by me. Ok, the music is irritating, but you can turn it off, likewise the voices. The characters are interesting, and the short while I've played it suggests the game might be fun.

If you enjoyed Pure Hidden you might well like this one - it has the same kind of quirkiness.

If you're offended by references to alcoholic beverages though, you might want to give this game a miss!!

I'm glad someone else has noted the alcohol references. I'm not a teetotaler but don't feel it is appropriate in a game that could potentially be played by our youngest population. It has no bearing on the plot and there are so very many objects that could be used in it's place.

I check the forums while the game is d/l & installing so I haven't played the demo yet. I would like to thank the early birds (or night owls ) for their comments and reviews. It gives me some idea of what I will find. Let you know what I think after I play it a little.

20 min into the game. I skip most dialogue in demos but I will give that this game the reference is appropriate (there is some mention of a party). I would suggest that this should be classified as Mature Audience. LMAO when I got to Monty's world and **** was beaver with Adam and Eve in one of the pictures Quirky to say the least. (I'm a little quirky myself)
I will probably buy.

I retract that. Sorry I purchased
Please read HUGE WARNING POST

Edited on 10/18/2009 at 11:48:59 AM PST

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Oct 18, 09 6:28 AM
vloert wrote:
flo314ca wrote:Not sure why everyone hated this game so much. I've enjoyed all the past Miss Teri Tales. They are all a little quirky but it's still fun gameplay. I don't really follow the story and I don't play with the sound on so I wasn't annoyed by all that. I liked the interactive objects that you had to find.

I fully agree with the above.

I also fully agree with above had a lot worst, on the back burner as a maybe

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Oct 18, 09 7:23 AM
This is my first Miss Teri game and I like it! I'm so tired of looking for dentures and rats and belts in the usual HOG, so this was like a breath of fresh air. I found myself laughing out loud and that's always a good thing!

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Oct 18, 09 7:38 AM
Well of the backburner and bought, quite enjoying it and it looks like a long enough game, quite enjoyable not memorable.

Cheers
lineck

Go to: