Technical Difficulty with New MTT

[Post New]by FaunaMama on Oct 18, 09 9:53 AM
The demo worked perfectly. After the trial, I purchased and activated but now it won't run. The game window comes up, expands to full screen and goes black, then I get tossed back to the BFG "Thank you for playing" window. I removed the game and re-downloaded it, but it does the same thing.

Unlike many other posters, I enjoy this game and I would like to be able to play it today -- since I paid for it and all!

Any suggestions???

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Technical Difficulty with New MTT

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Oct 18, 09 10:46 AM
I haven't had problems like that, but when I exit the game, instead of closing, it minimizes to task bar and my desktop flickers until I right click it to close the program.

game not recommended

Please read HUGE WARNING POST

Edited on 10/18/2009 at 11:46:27 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 18, 09 10:53 AM
No technical problems with the game at all, but it manifests very curious behavior after I exit--the game manager flickers and shakes like it's in the throes of an earthquake. Kind of entertaining, actually.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 18, 09 11:09 AM
Howatch wrote:No technical problems with the game at all, but it manifests very curious behavior after I exit--the game manager flickers and shakes like it's in the throes of an earthquake. Kind of entertaining, actually.

Yep it did that to me too

daisimai
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by daisimai on Oct 18, 09 11:27 AM
I had it crash on me as well, I had everything crossed off the list in the Sheriff's World, but it said I only had 14/15 objects. Clicked on Map and went back to see if something would pop up, but all I got was the black screen then "program not responding".

Will tell CS & see if there is a glitch. Unfortunately, I only have 4 minutes left, so not sure if I want to delete & re-download.

mbban
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mbban on Oct 18, 09 12:49 PM
Mine crashed after I purchased it as well. The demo worked fine.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Oct 18, 09 2:07 PM
I was having a very bad day and thought I would play MTT. Well, more bad when i started the game, I found the I could not see the whole hos. I see only part of the list from left to right. If I want to play this game I would have to play it on a small screen and at this point...no way is that going to happen. So, hopefully someone can help me so I can get the whole **** LIST.can anyone help me? Thanks..

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Oct 18, 09 2:11 PM
Oh, has anyone else run into this problem? I have one of the newer monitors that is long from left to right. First time I came into this problem. HELP...PLEASE THANKS

cattyha
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by cattyha on Oct 18, 09 2:51 PM
Screen also flickers ----not worth it for me in case it is messing something else up!

pjries
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pjries on Oct 18, 09 4:38 PM
I had a similar problem after activating. I finished the demo, then bought and activated the game. But when I went back to play the game, it kept crashing and bringing me back to the BFG games manager. I rebooted my computer and everything worked fine. I was able to return to where I had been before activation and finished the game with no problems. Maybe try that if you're unable to play after activation?
( I really like this one - good twist to the ending.)

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on Oct 18, 09 4:41 PM
Hmmm. Think I'll wait to buy then. Thanks for the heads-up.

[Post New]by FaunaMama on Oct 18, 09 6:53 PM
Ok, I got it to work fine, ultimately. I closed everything else that I had open, rebooted one more time, and opened only the game itself.

I had no further problems, and got through the game completely.

I LOVED this game a lot!!

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Oct 18, 09 7:08 PM
On the demo it played fine. I bought it and it shakes like the house is coming down I talked to my son and he said it was probably the video card. So I am not going to worry about it. The only time it shakes is when I go off the game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 18, 09 9:35 PM
I had those kinds of problems with a previous Teri Tale Where's Jason game I bought, so I haven't d/l this demo yet nor the last election one. I'd get halfway thru the Jason game and suddenly at her desk where you had to go back to the map it put me on a loop and would only go to where I had just been, then black screen and crash. Don't know how many times I rebooted and progressed a bit further and it would crash again at her desk. Way too tedious but think I did finish while wondering what it may be doing to my pc.

I'lll just keep watching the threads to see if any solutions to come. Thanks for sharing here.

charisc6
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by charisc6 on Oct 19, 09 12:46 PM
I'm having the same issues as FaunaMama. I've uninstalled the game from my laptop. Maybe I'll try rebooting, and reinstall. If I still have a problem, I'll ask for a refund on my game credit.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 19, 09 12:49 PM
Have you tried updating your video card drivers. There are step by step directions in the help section here. Or, you can contact tech support via the green envelope on the lower right of the screen.

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 19, 09 1:16 PM
Howatch wrote:No technical problems with the game at all, but it manifests very curious behavior after I exit--the game manager flickers and shakes like it's in the throes of an earthquake. Kind of entertaining, actually.

This can happen sometimes with games that are a little heavy on graphics, like this title. I'll be sure to look into that with our Tech Team though, to ensure everything is alright.

Also, if any of you are having crash issues with your games, I'll agree with prpldva. The first thing we suggest is to ensure that your Direct X software and video card drivers are all up to date. Here are two help page articles that give step by step instructions on updates you can make to get your games working properly.

Frequent Crashing of a Game
Help My Games Run Correctly

If you need any further help though, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team to get those issues resolved. Just continue past those help page articles and click on the "Still Need Help" link on the left side of the page. They'll be happy to help!

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

dunkfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dunkfl on Oct 19, 09 2:11 PM
Mine is doing the exact same thing...crashes & shakes.

charisc6
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by charisc6 on Oct 19, 09 2:46 PM
I mistyped in my earlier post. My problem is the same as that of daisimai. I installed an updated version of DirectX and newest video driver, and it's still doing the same thing. Guess I'll be asking for a refund of my game credit. Too bad, because I was enjoying the game.

[Post New]by ylrebmik04 on Oct 19, 09 3:38 PM
i'm having the exact same issue...i got to sheriff world had 14/15 and then froze and now can no longer play...

did any one get a fix with the problem???

Go to: