bit map error loading fairway solitaire

[Post New]by holy64bible on Oct 18, 09 6:25 PM
when i try to play fairway solitaire i keep getting the bitmap error. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:bit map error loading fairway solitaire

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 27, 09 6:13 PM
I have been playing this game for a while without a problem. I upgraded my computer from PPC to Intel and suddenly I am getting the bitmap error. I'll try Customer Service tomorrow. Hope it doesn't take to long to get through.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 27, 09 6:34 PM
Rye! You'll have to go overnight without Fairway??!! (shudder)...I'm crazy about this game, play a little bit every day.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 28, 09 11:59 AM
I've been playing a little everyday too. I really like it. CS said that they would pass the word along to the developer who I believe works here now, so I hope it is fixed soon. The other Grey Alien game has a similar issue.

As usual the CS rep was really nice. I still have it on my old computer so as soon as I get a new monitor for it I will be able to play again, but I WANT THEM NOW!!!

I found out the problem lies not with the game itself, but with the files it creates to save your progress. One of those did not travel well. When I deleted the files which are located in the Users/Shared/Big Fish Vancouver folder, the game started. I have lost all my progress , but the game now seems to work.

Edited on 12/29/2009 at 7:26:41 PM PST

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 29, 09 8:27 PM
So you're back on the course? But you lost all your progress?????!!!!! Oh nooooooooooooooo!

newm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by newm on Jan 3, 10 9:46 AM
when i try to play fairway solitaire i keep getting the bitmap error. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

knj41
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by knj41 on Feb 14, 10 9:48 AM
can anyone let me know how this was resolved? we installed mcaffee security last night and now we get this error

[Post New]by babyboy8300 on May 8, 10 5:34 PM
Please if anyone can help me fix this bit map error I would truly appreciate it. I'm completely addicted to this game and I haven't been able to play in over a week. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

bit map error loading fairway solitaire

[Post New]by baruho on Jun 8, 10 6:34 PM
holy64bible wrote:when i try to play fairway solitaire i keep getting the bitmap error. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

[Post New]by YVRamax on Aug 8, 10 7:50 PM
I followed the instructions on the following link:

http://www.reflexive-extras.com/forums//viewtopic.php?p=36847#p36847

Quick fix:-
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grey Alien Games\Fairway Solitaire

Open Fairway Solitaire.ini with Notepad

Look for PROFILE NAME= whatever
and delete everything after = sign.
Click File/Save

Game will now work for any other player (or a new one)

and it worked... lost all my progress though.

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 7:52:15 PM PST

Go to: